Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Question About Our Team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since '02 we've only drafted 3 QB's, Garrard, Leftwich and Gabbert if I'm not mistaken. (Garrard in the 4th, Lefty and Gabby in the 1st)

Does anyone know where we rank among the other franchises in regards to how many QB's each team has taken over that span? I would imagine that we are probably near last in drafting QB's over that span.

I kind of remember someone making a post about this a couple of years ago with the stats but I can't find any info on it and I really don't feel like looking at every teams draft classes since '02.

Pretty crazy to think though, for over a decade we have only drafted 3 QB's. At least we know that number will increase next April.

Dude...there's elite punters.  How can you pass on that?

thats why we traded our top 10 26 year old LT for 3rd day picks so we can draft more qbs.

Quote:thats why we traded our top 10 26 year old LT for 3rd day picks so we can draft more qbs.
Keep crying.
Quote:thats why we traded our top 10 26 year old LT for 3rd day picks so we can draft more qbs.
he was walking (bolting) at the end of the season anyway........what did you expect to get?
Quote:he was walking (bolting) at the end of the season anyway........what did you expect to get?
Some people just don't understand simple concepts.

It's better just to ignore them.
simple trade concepts.

you try to get the most value.

you take your time.

you dont take the best available offer right away.

you involve as much buyers as possible.

:whistling:

Quote:simple trade concepts.

you take your time.

The Jaguars were not shopping Monroe. Baltimore offered a trade. There is a big difference in that. Cleveland said they would have given a 2nd round pick had they known Monroe was being shopped. Which he wasn't, so they wouldn't have known anyway.

To say it was a bad trade because we only received third day picks is dumb. Monroe was not going to be here next year. This season is in the bag. We got something out of nothing. Stop crying.
Quote:The Jaguars were not shopping Monroe. Baltimore offered a trade. There is a big difference in that. Cleveland said they would have given a 2nd round pick had they known Monroe was being shopped. Which he wasn't, so they wouldn't have known anyway.

To say it was a bad trade because we only received third day picks is dumb. Monroe was not going to be here next year. This season is in the bag. We got something out of nothing. Stop crying.
I heard a 2nd day pick not a 2nd round pick.  I also seen this.

Ryan O'Halloran ‏@ryanohalloran 13h

Per Browns saying they didn't know Monroe was available, they called #Jaguars before trade w/ Ravens was done. Offer wasn't as good

No one really know what went on behind closed doors.
Woohoo!

Quote:he was walking (bolting) at the end of the season anyway........what did you expect to get?
#FranchiseTag
Quote:The Jaguars were not shopping Monroe. Baltimore offered a trade. There is a big difference in that. Cleveland said they would have given a 2nd round pick had they known Monroe was being shopped. Which he wasn't, so they wouldn't have known anyway.

If this is true than it is an incredible indictment on the incompetence of Caldwell and has to be extremely worrisome to Khan.

Caldwell executed a multi-million $ transaction when he could have potentially received more than twice the value he actually traded for?!?!?!?!?

The market held a second round pick and our GM was not keen enough to sense that regardless of who called who first . He is not intertwined in the grapevine to where he could have sniffed that out?

Now I am wondering about the  idiocy we are extending by not getting rid of MJD. We can draft Lache Seastrunk in the second round.
Quote:If this is true than it is an incredible indictment on the incompetence of Caldwell and has to be extremely worrisome to Khan.

Caldwell executed a multi-million $ transaction when he could have potentially received more than twice the value he actually traded for?!?!?!?!?

The market held a second round pick and our GM was not keen enough to sense that regardless of who called who first . He is not intertwined in the grapevine to where he could have sniffed that out?

Now I am wondering about the  idiocy we are extending by not getting rid of MJD. We can draft Lache Seastrunk in the second round.
Just keep in mind that GMs always tell the truth.

And twice the value? You're aware that a 2nd day pick is just most likely and 3rd round pick. A 4th + 5th is equal value, and if Caldwell wants to, he could make a draft day trade like that. Better yet, Cleveland could say they were going to offer a 1st round pick after the fact, and it certainly does not mean they would have.

Another thing to note is that it was tweeted by some Jaguars follower that Caldwell did get an offer from Cleveland, and I truly doubt he was going to take a worse offer.

That first paragraph...  doesn't really help your case...  If I may provide some advice, I'd recommend never saying or thinking that again.  It's really bad logic.
Quote:#FranchiseTag
Let's pay top 5 money for a player that isn't elite.

That's some smart business there.

Not only that, players can't stand being franchised.

But that's ok.

Message board GMs know best...

Nobody ever said second round. Except by those trying too hard to make the Jaguars and Caldwell look bad.

i dunno.....uh, maybe this is just crazytalk but how about proper value??..... :ermm:

Oh yeah, jags wasnt shopping Monroe! Smh think about it!
Quote:simple trade concepts.

you take your time.

THIS ^^^^^^

I wish the Caldwell apologists would just take a look at the above. 
Quote:i dunno.....uh, maybe this is just crazytalk but how about proper value??..... :ermm:
I got a big shocker for you. Maybe they did think it was 'proper value'.

I know I shouldn't be questioning you with your plethora of NFL front office experience. Sorry.
Pages: 1 2