Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Rest of the Season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK, so we have 5 games remaining.  Here's what I'd like to see, although I'm sure some won't happen.  Thoughts?

1.  Have Brandon Allen start at least the last 2 games. 

--  We know what we have in Henne so there's no value in playing him.  Also, he's only a $250K cap hit in 2017 if we cut him before then.

--  I don't care about the "Bortles is the starter until he's not" garbage.  If the staff is worried that having him sit a couple of games will forever injure his mental fortitude beyond recovery then he probably isn't the franchise QB of the future anyway.

--  We know what we have in Henne and Bortles, let's find out what Allen looks like in a real game.

2. Have Koyack and Sterling start or take the majority of the snaps from here on out.

--  Yes, even if Thomas is healthy.  He hasn't done much anyway and is overpaid.  He might not even be on the roster next year.

3. Maximize reps for Fowler and Ngakoue.

--  This has mostly been happening anyway but experience is the best teacher.  Get these dudes in on every rep possible where it makes sense.

4. Get Sheldon Day as many reps as possible for development/evaluation.

5. Myles Jack should be on the field for every down when 3 LBs are on the field.

--  Mistakes or not, Jack should be playing every possible rep.  Jack is the future, Skuta is not.

6. Make Rashad Greene field every punt no matter what.

--  He doesn't look to have a future on this team but let's make sure.  Whether he drops every punt from here on out or not, keep him at punt returner.

Not bad ideas, I wouldn't mind seeing most of this happen.  Actually I see no reason to play BB anymore for the rest of the season. Put Allen in now.  

I'm with you.  Evaluate what we have. Get Grant some reps at RB, get Wells some playing time. 

Yup
Agree with most

I'd have Jack on the field even in nickel situations. Jack is the MLB of the future, Poz is not

Fowler would get PT at LB. I don't want to see his hand on the ground

I'd like to see the Jags try to get Grant the ball in the open field. Screens, short underneath crossing routes, etc.
Gus Bradley ain't coaching for next year.
Nope.

Yep, tanking is a good idea.

Nope Gus is going to stick with the plan. You guys just need to trust the process...
Quote: 

6. Make Rashad Greene field every punt no matter what.

--  He doesn't look to have a future on this team but let's make sure.  Whether he drops every punt from here on out or not, keep him at punt returner.

No fair catches either !!!   Man up !!!
Quote:Nope Gus is going to stick with the plan. You guys just need to trust the process...

If the process is securing a top draft pick, I trust it.
Nvm
Quote:I understand, and agree with your sentiment about playing other guys and evaluating some of the positions going forward this year.

However, that really sux for ticket holders and other fans planning on attending some games.

Ex.

In advanve, a father has planned on taking his sons to the Minnesota or Denver games. Maybe he's even had to schedule a Monday off of work if the drive is pretty long.

They get to the game, and then realize the starters have been pulled at some key positions so the team can evaluate 3rd stringers and backups. His sons don't get to see theit favorite players (BB, JT, etc.).

What a depressing bummer of a trip. Father's mad, and never comes back to a game. I'd be really upset if I made a fairly long trip for a game and the 3rd string QB is playing.

It's not fair to do that to ticket holders. These starters are paid great money to play and try to win games. Put them out there.

**Now, benching someone at halftime because he is playing terribly and being a detriment to the team,, yeah, pull him.

Other than that, no.

Many people on this forum are kids that have never had to deal with losing.  They are used to their "participation trophies" and their Madden games where they can just "hit the reset button".
Quote:Gus Bradley ain't coaching for next year.

I believe you're correct and in some ways it will prevent some of the development/evaluation I mentioned which we need for the long-term.  :whistling:
Quote:I believe you're correct and in some ways it will prevent some of the development/evaluation I mentioned which we need for the long-term.  :whistling:

Yeah, should'a moved on last year and it might cost BB5 his career.
Quote:I believe you're correct and in some ways it will prevent some of the development/evaluation I mentioned which we need for the long-term.  :whistling:

And real development/evaluation doesn't include sitting starters with 5 games left on the season.  That's just stupid.
Quote:And real development/evaluation doesn't include sitting starters with 5 games left on the season.  That's just stupid.

Who did you have in mind?

Quote:Who did you have in mind?

For starters, Bortles is the best quarterback on the team.  You don't sit your best player at a position.  Brandon Allen is inactive every week for a reason.  He's not very good.

Thomas is a better TE than either Koyack or Sterling.  Saying that "he hasn't done much" is pretty dumb since it all depends on the QB.

I could go on, but your idiotic OP speaks for itself.

Go see if you can get some players on your Madden game.
Quote:For starters, Bortles is the best quarterback on the team.  You don't sit your best player at a position.  Brandon Allen is inactive every week for a reason.  He's not very good.

Thomas is a better TE than either Koyack or Sterling.  Saying that "he hasn't done much" is pretty dumb since it all depends on the QB.

I could go on, but your idiotic OP speaks for itself.

Go see if you can get some players on your Madden game.

There are numerous instances where teams didn't know how good a QB was until they were forced to play them.

If the GM plans to part ways with Thomas then I'd like to see the guys who will be here next year getting reps.

I'd offer more logic for discussion here but you obviously have no purpose other than agitating people with lame opinions and no data or thoughtfulness.

And what does Madden have to do with this thread at all lol?  You should probably lay off of whatever you're on.
Quote:Gus Bradley ain't coaching for next year.

He's not doing much coaching for this year either.
Pages: 1 2