Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Roster Moves 10/8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Pres...7c748f77f0

3 offensive linemen added to 53

Ebert to PS  - Palmer released

With Sam Young , McClendon and  DeMarcus Love on the 53 -  the writing may be on the wall for Rackley if he doesn't step it up.

Two of those guys are Tackles, but they have but moved inside to play guard before...    (Young is 6'8" - 322 !!)  

i love the move to get more o-linemen on the team.  however, why does it come after the line has had their best play of the season?

with regards to rackley and the rest of the straglers, it's true competition now.  either you fit in the ZBS or you will be out on the street.

Quote:i love the move to get more o-linemen on the team.  however, why does it come after the line has had their best play of the season?

with regards to rackley and the rest of the straglers, it's true competition now.  either you fit in the ZBS or you will be out on the street.
As it should be...either help the team or get gone!
Quote: 

Ebert to PS  - Palmer released

Thank god. Ebert sucked big time.

Quote:i love the move to get more o-linemen on the team.  however, why does it come after the line has had their best play of the season?

I'd guess they aren't comfortable with the depth or lack thereof at both tackle positions.  

Competition.  Why wait until next year when we've got a new QB to test out some players on the OL when we can now?  Imagine at the end of the year being able to say "Our O-line is a lot better, and with Luke coming back it may actually be good.  Draft a center, and maybe a guard, and we'll be set."  
May also be concerned with Nwaneri's knee.

It's just a numbers/bodies game at this point.

With the trade of Monroe and injured reserve move of Joeckel, the team had no choice but to sign additional OTs. 

Good move, let's see if we find a keeper in that group.

are we still leading the league in sacks allowed?

Quote:are we still leading the league in sacks allowed?
Browns and Phins ahead of us there.  

Jags - 20

browns 22

phins 24