Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Making The Case For Bradley And The Front Office To Stick With Gabbert
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Knowing BG will not be starting this week in Denver should the Coach and GM Continue to put him out there when he is healthy?

It is my opinion that they are thinking they have not seen what he could do fully armed. Consistency is a major key to the QB position. BG has had no consistency with all the playmakers at his disposal. Throw out his rookie year (no Blackmon, Shorts not a factor, terrible WR core and lame duck coaching). Last year he Started the season with Thomas and Blackman as his wide reicivers and MJD as the back up RB comming off the holdout. The first 5 games we lost the starting running back and MJD wasnt at full Football shape, Blackmon was lost out there and Shorts had not emerged. The Oak game Shorts showed signs of emergance but we lost MJD and BG got hurt but was showing progression. The GB game was a good game for BG but the next two did not show much. Then the houston game BG was looking more like the GB game but he got hurt. That game Blackman finaly got it together and showed what he is capable of. BG didnt play another down last year. So this season was his season to show what he can do. Blackman was suspended the first 4 games. And BG injuries kept him out of 2 of the first 3 games. Last week was the first week that BG has Started with Shorts and Blackmon and MJD all in the game. Though it was not a good game he did show some signs of how he can perform with solid weapons at his disposal.

What I want to see (and probaly the coaches) is at leat 4 - 6 games with BG Starting with all his weapons, Shorts, Blackmon, MJD, Lewis if healthy. Not recievers off the street. That is the only way to tell if he can be good or not. You cant say he is terrible or good when he has not had all his best players on the field with him or he has lasted more then one game without getting hurt. Flame on!

Yeah, don't risk losing out on Bridgewater - put Gabbert back into the starting lineup!!!!!!!!!!!

The great thing about America is youre entitled to your own opinion, no matter how crappy.

Edit: I may have misunderstood you, If you mean this year than I agree, if you mean pass on a QB this year to see what Gabbert has next year than my statement above still stands.

Quote:Knowing BG will not be starting this week in Denver should the Coach and GM Continue to put him out there when he is healthy?

It is my opinion that they are thinking they have not seen what he could do fully armed. Consistency is a major key to the QB position. BG has had no consistency with all the playmakers at his disposal. Throw out his rookie year (no Blackmon, Shorts not a factor, terrible WR core and lame duck coaching). Last year he Started the season with Thomas and Blackman as his wide reicivers and MJD as the back up RB comming off the holdout. The first 5 games we lost the starting running back and MJD wasnt at full Football shape, Blackmon was lost out there and Shorts had not emerged. The Oak game Shorts showed signs of emergance but we lost MJD and BG got hurt but was showing progression. The GB game was a good game for BG but the next two did not show much. Then the houston game BG was looking more like the GB game but he got hurt. That game Blackman finaly got it together and showed what he is capable of. BG didnt play another down last year. So this season was his season to show what he can do. Blackman was suspended the first 4 games. And BG injuries kept him out of 2 of the first 3 games. Last week was the first week that BG has Started with Shorts and Blackmon and MJD all in the game. Though it was not a good game he did show some signs of how he can perform with solid weapons at his disposal.

What I want to see (and probaly the coaches) is at leat 4 - 6 games with BG Starting with all his weapons, Shorts, Blackmon, MJD, Lewis if healthy. Not recievers off the street. That is the only way to tell if he can be good or not. You cant say he is terrible or good when he has not had all his best players on the field with him or he has lasted more then one game without getting hurt. Flame on!

I don't really care about the weapons, I just want Gabbert to fulfill his true destiny and lead the Jaguars to the #1 overall pick, something the Jaguars have never had.
Just watched the all-22 footage.  Ugh.  He ignored sooooo many open WR's vs the Rams, dude.   It was really terrible.  On the ridiculous pick that was off target by a mile and thrown to the only receiver somewhat covered - Sanders was open underneath near the marker and Shorts was wide open for a 15+ yd gain.  He never glanced their way and then threw it incredibly off target.  Add in the massive overthrow to Blackmon that would have been an easy TD - and I can't bear to watch anymore. 

His lack of pocket presence and inability to make the reads is absolutely inexcusable for a guy in the league this long.  If they put him back out there just to be sure he's absolutely useless as a back-up - I'll understand  - but I won't like it. 

It's fair to say Gabbert hasn't been given a fair shake and the odd's have been stacked against him. Bottom line is Darwinism, the strong survive, Gabbert has not been able to evolve and adapt to his surroundings. Is it his fault, who cares, that's how it goes in life.

No franchise worth it's salt is going to stick with a guy that has regressed going into his third year, regardless of the reason why. At this point he should be peeking up not down, because he's peeking down the organization HAS to move on.

Maybe he lights the world on fire somewhere else, doubtful but this franchise can't sit around and wait for a turd to catch fire.

Quote:What I want to see (and probaly the coaches) is at leat 4 - 6 games with BG Starting with all his weapons, Shorts, Blackmon, MJD, Lewis if healthy. Not recievers off the street. That is the only way to tell if he can be good or not. You cant say he is terrible or good when he has not had all his best players on the field with him or he has lasted more then one game without getting hurt. Flame on!

What is it with Gabbert that some people see that I just cannot?  Doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results.  What's the word I'm looking for?

Here's the common logic -- in both life and sports -- is that if he is truly great and has the necessary skills and talents at what he does, he would have passed the eye test and stand out from the crowd, even if his team is losing.
5-22 and counting. No I will not throw out his rookie year. Sorry. Or last year. Or his 3 starts this year. Sorry.
Quote:Knowing BG will not be starting this week in Denver should the Coach and GM Continue to put him out there when he is healthy?

No flaming, but I think we've pretty much seen what we have with Gabbert, and it's irrelevant what weapons surround him.  He's just not very good.  3 years in, we've seen more than enough to assure there isn't a stone left unturned in the Gabbert arsenal. 
There's been no bigger Gabbert defender and apologist than me, but dude is bad.  I feel confident that we've seen his last NFL start.  It's a shame because I think he could have evolved into a decent serviceable QB with enough bench time but the fact of the matter is that he's been ruined.  Maybe he'll get a chance somewhere else.  His time here is finished.

Gabbert has a few things that can't be taught it has to be natural.

0 pocket awareness

Accuracy issues

lack of courage

no leadership

Gabbert is the worst starting QB I have ever seen in over 20 years of watching football.

He sucks and always will suck. The Blaine Train has derailed and there is no saving it

Quote:There's been no bigger Gabbert defender and apologist than me, but dude is bad.  I feel confident that we've seen his last NFL start.  It's a shame because I think he could have evolved into a decent serviceable QB with enough bench time but the fact of the matter is that he's been ruined.  Maybe he'll get a chance somewhere else.  His time here is finished.
2nd string CFL player?
I hope he never starts another professional football game in his life. He and Gene Smith set this franchise back minimum 3 years.

Come on man! almost two and half years and you want to see more! One touch down and seven interceptions this year! Give it up hes a bust.
I feel for the kid. He was thrown into the worst possible situation imaginable being only 2 seasons removed from high school, no training camp due to lock out, lame duck coach who was coaching for his job rather than developing a QB, injured RB, no WR's, new coaching, new coaching, terrible O-line................ I mean Geez, you couldn't have written a worse script for him.

Despite his apparent excellence on the practice field;

YOU HAVE TO SEE IT ON SUNDAY!! WE HAVE NOT.

<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-size:14px;">Regards....................the Chiefjag</span></span>

Put Whoopie Goldberg back out on the runway because she didn't have the right high heels on.  If only she had the same heels as Gisele Bundchen had, she would be an adequate model.  I don't think we saw her full potential yet

Quote:What I want to see (and probaly the coaches) is at leat 4 - 6 games with BG Starting with all his weapons, Shorts, Blackmon, MJD, Lewis if healthy. Not recievers off the street. That is the only way to tell if he can be good or not. You cant say he is terrible or good when he has not had all his best players on the field with him or he has lasted more then one game without getting hurt. Flame on!

Dear Mr. Gabbert,

Your son is just not that good.  Sorry to break the news.

Signed,

Hurricane!!!

(the official spokesperson of all the people in the world that have 20/20 vision).

The train is the Jaguars' entire organization...the bridge is Gabbert.........

[Image: trainwreck-general_zps72771d01.gif]

Gabbert needs to start the rest of the season.  It's our best defense against "accidentally" winning a game.  With Henne, you never know - he could lucky and throw a couple TD's.  But with Blaine, you have absolutely no illusion that he's going to lead the team to victory.

You get your pick of QB's in 2014 with the first pick of the draft.

Quote:Just watched the all-22 footage.  Ugh.  He ignored sooooo many open WR's vs the Rams, dude.   It was really terrible.  On the ridiculous pick that was off target by a mile and thrown to the only receiver somewhat covered - Sanders was open underneath near the marker and Shorts was wide open for a 15+ yd gain.  He never glanced their way and then threw it incredibly off target.  Add in the massive overthrow to Blackmon that would have been an easy TD - and I can't bear to watch anymore. 

His lack of pocket presence and inability to make the reads is absolutely inexcusable for a guy in the league this long.  If they put him back out there just to be sure he's absolutely useless as a back-up - I'll understand  - but I won't like it.

He can't even be a back- up, his career is over. The book has already been written on Gabby.
Pages: 1 2