Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Kenny Britt...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For all the Tennessee fans out there, how much time does he have left on the roster? Do you think he'll make it to the end of the season?

The reason I ask is because there are reports that he's essentially the third option at WR right now, and may end up even further down the list.

Quote:For all the Tennessee fans out there, how much time does he have left on the roster? Do you think he'll make it to the end of the season?

The reason I ask is because there are reports that he's essentially the third option at WR right now, and may end up even further down the list.

He was a first round pick. Much like Gabbert, unless he starts causing locker room trouble, he'll be around until his rookie contract is up.
Quote:He was a first round pick. Much like Gabbert, unless he starts causing locker room trouble,
he'll be around until his rookie contract is up.

"Unless"?!?! The dude has been nothing but a pain in the neck since he's been there! I've seen a report that stated he's had nine run-ins with the law since signing with Tennessee.

Quote:"Unless"?!?! The dude has been nothing but a pain in the neck since he's been there! I've seen a report that stated he's had nine run-ins with the law since signing with Tennessee.

Run-ins with the law isn't the same as locker room trouble. If he causes strife with his teammates he could be dumped sooner, but as long as his teammates don't get irritated by him I he'll likely play out his contract.
Quote:He was a first round pick. Much like Gabbert, unless he starts causing locker room trouble, he'll be around until his rookie contract is up.

The funny thing is that Gabbert won't see the end of his rookie contract.
He doesn't have any focus. He drops way too many passes. He cheers on his teammates, but he plays with little conviction. He should be at the bottom of the depth chart, in my opinion. Wright, Washington, Hunter, and Williams are much better options.

Quote:The funny thing is that Gabbert won't see the end of his rookie contract.
If Gabbert weren't a first round pick he'd already be gone. My point is just that first rounders get more time to show they're not good than later round picks.