Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Maybe The Jags Already Have Their Rt Of The Future After All?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/APMarkLong'>Mark Long ‏@<b>APMarkLong</b></a> According to Pro Football Focus, Jaguars RT Austin Pasztor ranked 5th in NFL this week in pass blocking efficiency

The person he was blocking for the majority of the game, Chris Long, is borderline elite too as we all know. This very good performance is in addition to Pasztor being our highest rated lineman by PFF this preseason and also grading well at the end of last year. Granted that's only 4 starts and probably about 2 full games of preseason snaps in all, but overall it's a nice glimmer of hope for the oline. 
that would be great. one less hole to fill! hopefully he keeps it up.

Then what will we do with Jake Matthews?
That would be a great and welcome surprise!

Quote:Then what will we do with Jake Matthews?

Lol help hold the knife steady.
This is especially encouraging considering Marcedes Lewis was out again.

He showed potential at G late last season but it would really be a pleasant surprise if he works out at RT.  This team could certainly use more good news.

It was also nice to see that Bradfield wasn't a disaster at LT either.  Honestly figured the Rams would have a field day on him once Joeckel was done.  

Quote:This is especially encouraging considering Marcedes Lewis was out again.

He showed potential at G late last season but it would really be a pleasant surprise if he works out at RT.  This team could certainly use more good news.

It was also nice to see that Bradfield wasn't a disaster at LT either.  Honestly figured the Rams would have a field day on him once Joeckel was done.  
Yes you're very right, I should have specified in my OP that the previous good PFF grades were at guard. My bad. His frame and length have always suggested RT might be his best position, however. 
I'm liking Pasztor. He's young (1990 born), he has tremendous size at 6'7", and hell, he was drafted 4th overall... In the CFL. I hope he works out because I'd love to get Vic Beasly or Eric Ebron in the second as opposed to a RT

Quote:I'm liking Pasztor. He's young (1990 born), he has tremendous size at 6'7", and hell, he was drafted 4th overall... In the CFL. I hope he works out because I'd love to get Vic Beasly or Eric Ebron in the second as opposed to a RT
Quick Vic would be a dream at 33, unfortunately it's looking like it's just dreaming to think he'll be there. He's one of the quickest risers in the draft right now.
Yall do know they pulled him and put Bradfield in at RT before Jokel got hurt?

Quote:Yall do know they pulled him and put Bradfield in at RT before Jokel got hurt?

I thought they were just switching in offensive lineman to see who was better at first, or to keep the right tackle fresh all game.
Quote:I thought they were just switching in offensive lineman to see who was better at first, or to keep the right tackle fresh all game.
that is quite possible, giving each a few series would haev  been a good idea. no matter now they both starting.
Quote:Yall do know they pulled him and put Bradfield in at RT before Jokel got hurt?

From what I heard, the pre-game plan was to rotate the two, and the substitution had nothing to do with Pasztor's performance to that point.

Quote:Lol help hold the knife steady.

much needed laugh today.
The backups actually blocked surprisingly well this week. I was impressed. Hopefully they can be consistent  :thumbsup:

One game... let's see how the rest of the season plays out...
I hope it works out! Seeing half the Offensive line will need to be replaced next year. That is just one more spot to not have to worry about. 

Quote:I'm liking Pasztor. He's young (1990 born), he has tremendous size at 6'7", and hell, he was drafted 4th overall... In the CFL. I hope he works out because I'd love to get Vic Beasly or Eric Ebron in the second as opposed to a RT
IIRC he played well at guard last season for a few games.

He could end up being a nice find for sure if he can shore RT up long term.

Like shag said... good start.  Needs to keep it up.  Bradfield looked decent until he crashed and burned.
Quote: Bradfield looked decent until he crashed and burned.

That is conclusive.

Regards......................the Chiefjag
Quote:The backups actually blocked surprisingly well this week. I was impressed. Hopefully they can be consistent  :thumbsup:
But I thought the OL was terrible Sunday and was the reason Gabbert played terrible?
Pages: 1 2