Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Since The Game Against The Broncos Is So Lopsided, Should The Jags Just Forfeit?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

Best case scenario: The Jags keep Denver under 35 points and pull off one of the biggest upsets ever in sports history.

Worst case scenario: Broncos unleash the hounds and score 75+ points on us. Heck, I could even imagine this Bronco offense scoring 100 points on us. Peyton Manning is just that good.

If you were a Jaguars player, or HC right now, what would you do?

If only we could.....

I'd pretend to run out of bounds and smack Del Rio on the sideline.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him want to shut the Jags out, just because he khan.
We're not afraid of bighead...he fears the Jaguars!

We will rise to this. :yes:

We should send an 11 man blitz on every play.  EVERY SINGLE PLAY DO NOTHING BUT TACKLE THAT BIG HEADED DUMMY.

When he is sitting on the bench looking at film he should be tackled.

When he is running out of the tunnel for warmups he should be tackled.

After the game when he's trying to kiss suzie kolber he should be tackled.
we are gonna shock the world, and allow 100 points lol

kill this thread

I'd rather Blackmon and Shorts get to 1k yards on the season.

Forfeitting the game would be more embarassing than showing up and getting stampeeded...

Always have the faith regardless of the odds...

NH3...
I would put in a new scheme. Drop eleven into coverage.
Hello. Friday Night Lights, Season 4. Coach Taylor forfeiting the first game because he fears the safety of his players was a horrible decision. 

Same thing here. For pride and character, you play the game.

You can list every single factor, every one of which that says the Jaguars should get whitewashed, but you never know until you play the game. 

There are dozens of greatest upsets that cannot be explained in the histories of sports. Just in the NFL there was the Kansas City beating  Green Bay a few years ago that was totally improbably and inexplicable. 

I think we still owe Peyton a little revenge for all those years he was beating up on us in the AFS South... I hope someone puts a good pop on him Sunday.

Jags 19

Broncos 63

Don't worry, Denver's starters will be out after halftime.  We'll still get shellacked by their bench player but at least we'll look somewhat talented and their score will not run as high.  I would imagine Peyton and company are pretty excited about this game.  They get a full days wages for half a days work.  Plus their injury risk is lower.  Not bad.  

Got a feeling were gonna be watching Brock Osweiler in the second half
Quote:Don't worry, Denver's starters will be out after halftime.  We'll still get shellacked by their bench player but at least we'll look somewhat talented and their score will not run as high.  I would imagine Peyton and company are pretty excited about this game.  They get a full days wages for half a days work.  Plus their injury risk is lower.  Not bad.  

^This

You beat him by keeping him  off the field.

He can't hurt you from the bench.

I'm just glad the Jaguars get to be a small part of Peyton's historic season

This could be a historic game.  Can Peyton go over 600 yards passing?  7 TD's?    Both are distinct possibilities.  We very well could give up 70 points or more. 

I do think the offense will be better.  Since we'll be playing from SO far behind, Henne will just air it out, and with Blackmon and Shorts at WR, we could end up with 2-3 passing TD's.  Garbage time Henne might get 250 yards passing. 
Quote:You beat him by keeping him  off the field.

He can't hurt you from a stretcher.

Fixed. 
Every year there's a game that I have a good feeling about and we end up winning... 2 years ago Bal on MNF, and last year against the tacks after the HOU game... for some odd reason I'm getting that feeling again.

Go Jags!

Pages: 1 2 3 4