Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags Claim Wr From C-Hawks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We're basically the Seahawks B team. 

On another note, I think Pete Carroll just threw away half a sandwich, we should probably claim that too.....

Quote:On another note, I think Pete Carroll just threw away half a sandwich, we should probably claim that too.....

metaphorically we have been.....since about Early August or so....
Can Seattle release some decent guards?

Quote:We're basically the Seahawks B  D team. 
fixed
Williams (6-feet-5, 208 pounds) played four games for the Seahawks this season. He caught seven passes for 236 yards and three touchdowns in the preseason, and had a reception  of 38 yards or more in all four preseason games.

Now if we could only get them to release Russell Wilson.

Who is going to throw it to him... While laying on his back? What's next? Another kicker?
Quote:Who is going to throw it to him... While laying on his back? What's next? Another kicker?

Laughing ....we're good on kickers.
Quote:metaphorically we have been.....since about Early August or so....
[Image: 98A2E2B7-AE7E-4819-9724-6AFD9795137F-221...f41a27.jpg]
Really good pick up.

Ryan O'Halloran ‏@<b>ryanohalloran</b> 2m

Cleveland also put in a waiver claim on WR Stephen Williams, who was awarded to #<b>Jaguars</b>

Haha, Cle. hasnt been happy with us the last couple of weeks

Quote:Really good pick up.

meh,....why? because he had a good pre-season?....so did Troy WIlliamson that year....

This Williams has bounced around the league over the past 3 or 4 years, he doesn't seem like much more than fodder to me. 
Well, now we got a tall dude to throw the ball too. Thats cool. I guess hes got some speed too with the stats hes put up in the preseason.

Quote:meh,....why? because he had a good pre-season?....so did Troy WIlliamson that year....

This Williams has bounced around the league over the past 3 or 4 years, he doesn't seem like much more than fodder to me.

I'm not sure you understand the types of players you find in the waiver process.
Quote:meh,....why? because he had a good pre-season?....so did Troy WIlliamson that year....

When your weapons at WR only consists of Blackmon and CS3 you have to keep looking to add. This depth signing doesn't hurt. At worst he gets cut for someone else. At best we strike gold and he preforms as well as Will Blackmon has.
Quote:Ryan O'Halloran ‏@<b>ryanohalloran</b> 2m

Cleveland also put in a waiver claim on WR Stephen Williams, who was awarded to #<b>Jaguars</b>

Haha, Cle. hasnt been happy with us the last couple of weeks
We also stole the great Don Carey from them. Thats when we had a REAL GM that knew what he was doing.

Cleveland mad.
Williams was the 5th WR on the Seahawks roster, and was destined to be bumped off the roster when Harvin returns (within 1-2 weeks).  With Irvin coming back and the need for line depth (they also signed Jason Spitz recently), they needed a roster spot.  Early in his career with the Cards, he had injury issues that hampered his career, notably a back issue and a torn Achilles.  The successful preseason with Seattle this year was a breakout for Williams.  However, he hasn't been able to replicate it into the regular season.    

Quote:I'm not sure you understand the types of players you find in the waiver process.

I'm sure I do understand what kind of players you find in the waiver processes after being a football fan for almost 30 years.....

but I'm also sure that the other guy is a bit gung ho for this player who will likely amount to little more than fodder. 

Quote:When your weapons at WR only consists of Blackmon and CS3 you have to keep looking to add. This depth signing doesn't hurt. At worst he gets cut for someone else. At best we strike gold and he preforms as well as Will Blackmon has.

Not disputing that.....just not getting my hopes up for the latest fodder addition, either. 
Pages: 1 2