Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: O-Line Needs A Lot Of Work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been paying close attention to the line play through the past weeks and this line is beyond horrendous. MJD cant find any room. All game yesterday the line was being dominated and alot of times they let defends get straight to the QB. Coming into this season I though the line was going to be much improved but I guess I was wrong. And it doesn't help that Joeckel is out for the season either. 

Say we do end up getting the 1st Pick and end up drafting Teddy or who ever is the top QB by time the draft comes along. His career probably wont last long if the line continues to be this horrible.

Maybe I am jumping the gun. It could be the ZBS and that we don't have the proper line to run it who knows? I just know I wanna see major improvements with this team sooner or later. Its frustrating.

I know it's tempting to push that "New Topic" button every time you have an epiphany.  But you have to realize, there are going to be times we disagree with you. <i> </i>

Now, I'm not saying you're wrong.  I'm just saying that you can't expect to be right all the time either.  Our offensive line is just fine.  I'm sure that-- *gets sacked*

I'm pretty sure they will land their quarterback AND fix the line in the draft/free agency.

lol

@fbt We said that after last season too

Quote:@fbt We said that after last off season too

Last off season they used the 2nd overall pick in the draft to land the best offensive lineman in the draft.

They tried to fill as many of the roster holes as they possibly could, but there was no way to complete that effort in one off season.  Try a little patience.  Rome wasn't built in a day. 
We're probably gonna need to revamp our entire interior offensive line this offseason. If we do that and get Bridgewater, suddenly our offense will do a complete 180.

Great observation.

I think we need to improve our pass rush. Thoughts?

they don't need work,they need unenjoyment (unemployment) checks

@APMarkLong: According to PRo Football Focus, Jaguars RT Austin Pasztor ranked 5th in NFL this week in pass blocking efficiency
Where did Meester rank in run blocking efficiency?
Quote:@APMarkLong: According to PRo Football Focus, Jaguars RT Austin Pasztor ranked 5th in NFL this week in pass blocking efficiency
Hopefully he can be the future at the RT position for us
Wow.  What a shocking surprise - when did our O-line get bad?

The offensive line will definitely improve when Luke Joeckel returns. I expect the next draft to include another offensive lineman who is better than Cameron Bradfield and a guy I had never heard of before this season.