Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Panthers Fan Here...i Have A Question For You Guys
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'll start off by saying I've casually followed the Jaguars as a Panthers fan since the teams are kind of sister-teams in a way, coming into the league at the same time.  You guys have been pretty consistently competitive until the past two years.  I can empathize with your pain because the Panthers suck almost as much.  If it weren't for Cam Newton we'd be 0-5 too.  And even he has a chance of being Josh Freeman'ed as soon as next year once a new head coach is hired so it's not so rosy here either! 

Anyways, since the Panthers game wasn't until 4 yesterday I had a chance to watch the Red Zone channel and caught part of your game against St. Louis.  My question is, why the hell aren't you guys running the ball in the red zone?  Is Maurice Jones-Drew still on your team???  I saw you guys get down to the red zone a few different times and you put the ball in Blaine Gabbert's hands?  MJD was one of the best backs in football just a couple years ago!  I'd be wondering about some conspiracy theory stuff...I couldn't believe what I was seeing!  It was as if your coach wanted you guys to lose.  Sorry, just calling it how I see it.  Good luck with the rest of your season.

Because MJD is out of shape and slow.

Quote:Because MJD is out of shape and slow.
That, and our offensive line blows.
Quote:I'll start off by saying I've casually followed the Jaguars as a Panthers fan since the teams are kind of sister-teams in a way, coming into the league at the same time.  You guys have been pretty consistently competitive until the past two years.  I can empathize with your pain because the Panthers suck almost as much.  If it weren't for Cam Newton we'd be 0-5 too.  And even he has a chance of being Josh Freeman'ed as soon as next year once a new head coach is hired so it's not so rosy here either! 

Anyways, since the Panthers game wasn't until 4 yesterday I had a chance to watch the Red Zone channel and caught part of your game against St. Louis.  My question is, why the hell aren't you guys running the ball in the red zone?  Is Maurice Jones-Drew still on your team???  I saw you guys get down to the red zone a few different times and you put the ball in Blaine Gabbert's hands?  MJD was one of the best backs in football just a couple years ago!  I'd be wondering about some conspiracy theory stuff...I couldn't believe what I was seeing!  It was as if your coach wanted you guys to lose.  Sorry, just calling it how I see it.  Good luck with the rest of your season.

If we need a yard, he gets half that.  Whether it's MJD in decline, or it's the line not blocking well in the running game, when we absolutely must have a yard or two, he's not a guarantee. 

Now, with as many shots as we had at putting it in the end zone yesterday in that particular instance, I'm pretty sure MJD could have gotten the yardage eventually.  That would be much more likely than letting our QB throw it inside the 5. 
MJD hasn't looked like himself this year.  He'll improve as the year goes on, but his best days are behind him.

Our coach saves running for 1st 2nd, and  3rd and longs 

Quote:That, and our offensive line blows.

Probably the best offensive line play we have had all season so far though. Gabbert tends to make them look worse than they are because of his way too early scrambling and sacking of himself.
No!   Wait, what was the question?  

Oh yeah, running in red zone.  The center and left guard get pushed 8 yards backward on every running play and half of the passing downs and they are attempting (and failing) to switch to a zone blocking scheme.  They still should have run for a TD from the 3. 

We're in tank mode. If we're in a situation on where it's 3rd and goal we kick field goals. If it's 1st an 10 we unleash the Picksixernator. 

Do you have any other RB's?  I mean to completely abandon the running game in the red zone when your QB is struggling...just sounds like the recipe to lose.  I can understand if ya'll are tanking to draft Teddy Bridgewater because you guys really need a capable QB!

Quote:...just sounds like the recipe to lose. 
You are starting to get it....
Quote:Because MJD is out of shape and slow.

Quote:That, and our offensive line blows.

That and scientists are still looking at the imperial data on whether or not Jedd Fisch's playcalling is from either the Paleozoic time period or Mesozoic time period. Personally, I'm under the presumption that it's the remnants of the big bang...but I could be wrong.

Quote:That and scientists are still looking at the imperial data on whether or not Jedd Fisch's playcalling is from either the Paleozoic time period or Mesozoic time period. Personally, I'm under the presumption that it's the remnants of the big bang...but I could be wrong.

[Image: tumblr_lj3t79ToKm1qchk28.gif]
This is basically an extended preseason for us and they wanted to give Gabbert some confidence. 

I much rather MJD get the ball then Gabbert throwing it to the other team and the dirt

Quote:My question is, why the hell aren't you guys running the ball in the red zone?  

Does Denver run it in the Red Zone - no

Does New England run it in the Red Zone - no

Does New Orleans run it in the Red Zone - no

When you have a QB like the Jags, Broncos, Patriots, and Saints .... you don't run it in the red zone.
Quote:Does Denver run it in the Red Zone - no

Does New England run it in the Red Zone - no

Does New Orleans run it in the Red Zone - no

When you have a QB like the Jags, Broncos, Patriots, and Saints .... you don't run it in the red zone.

That was a much needed laugh today. 
Quote:That and scientists are still looking at the imperial data on whether or not Jedd Fisch's playcalling is from either the Paleozoic time period or Mesozoic time period. Personally, I'm under the presumption that it's the remnants of the big bang...but I could be wrong.

Doesn't this imply explosiveness of some sort?
Quote:I'll start off by saying I've casually followed the Jaguars as a Panthers fan since the teams are kind of sister-teams in a way, coming into the league at the same time.  You guys have been pretty consistently competitive until the past two years.  I can empathize with your pain because the Panthers suck almost as much.  If it weren't for Cam Newton we'd be 0-5 too.  And even he has a chance of being Josh Freeman'ed as soon as next year once a new head coach is hired so it's not so rosy here either! 

Because we ONLY run MJD between the tackles after a 1st down incomplete pass.

Regards.....................the Chiefjag
Quote:Because we ONLY run MJD between the tackles after a 1st down incomplete pass.

Regards.....................the Chiefjag

That's unfair.

We also run MJD between the tackles after a failed 1st down run.
Pages: 1 2