Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Welp.....its Official - Broncos Are 28 Point Favorites Vs. The Jags On Sunday...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Interestingly enough, the game doesn't have the highest over/ under for the week. The Jags/ Broncos over/ under is 52. 

The highest O/U for the week is the Cowboys/ Redskins game @ 53.5.

Using the over/under and the point spread, the game is expected to be a  40-12 Denver win.

Quote:Interestingly enough, the game doesn't have the highest over/ under for the week. The Jags/ Broncos over/ under is 52. 

The highest O/U for the week is the Cowboys/ Redskins game @ 53.5.

Of course, they don't expect the Jaguars to score. Why would anyone? The Jaguars just managed 20 against another bottom feeder in St Louis. Against a good team they'll once again be struggling to reach double digits and the Broncos will be playing backups through most of the second half.
Quote:Of course, they don't expect the Jaguars to score. Why would anyone? The Jaguars just managed 20 against another bottom feeder in St Louis. Against a good team they'll once again be struggling to reach double digits and the Broncos will be playing backups through most of the second half.

Denver's defense isn't anything special, IMO. 
Highest point spread,ever?

We finally get recognition. Yay.
Quote:Denver's defense isn't anything special, IMO. 
The Jaguar's offense certainly is, just not in the good way.
Quote:The Jaguar's offense certainly is, just not in the good way.

If you think that the Jaguars offense (now that Blackmon is back) can't routinely score 20-ish points per week, then you are buying the media hyperbole. 

Quote:If you think that the Jaguars offense (now that Blackmon is back) can't routinely score 20-ish points per week, then you are buying the media hyperbole. 
Depends if Henne or Gabbert is playing.. we wouldn't have gotten 20 yesterday if Gabbert remained in. 
Quote:Depends if Henne or Gabbert is playing.. we wouldn't have gotten 20 yesterday if Gabbert remained in. 
Let's not exaggerate. The team had put 16 points up with Gabbert in. (then 3 got taken off the board and Gabbert threw an interception, classic Gabbert)

The Jaguars can score points, and I suppose this game could go a lot like the Seahawks game where the coaching staff gameplans completely ignoring the score and just tries to grind out whatever small amount of points they can.

Either way I wouldn't feel comfortable putting money on the Jaguars offense putting up any amount of points with the current offensive tackle situation.
Quote:Let's not exaggerate. The team had put 16 points up with Gabbert in. (then 3 got taken off the board and Gabbert threw an interception, classic Gabbert)

The Jaguars can score points, and I suppose this game could go a lot like the Seahawks game where the coaching staff gameplans completely ignoring the score and just tries to grind out whatever small amount of points they can.

Either way I wouldn't feel comfortable putting money on the Jaguars offense putting up any amount of points with the current offensive tackle situation.

The Tackle play hasn't been great before this past week, anyway....
[Image: Shirley-Temple-Laughing-Gif.gif]

28 points....that's all?  Take the Broncos.  The only way they don't cover the spread is if they take Manning out very early to avoid an injury in a lopsided meaningless game. 

I'm a Bronco fan and that is ridiculous. It is at home and we'll put up some points, but three of our best defenders were knocked out of the game yesterday. We should get Champ Bailey back, whose been out all year. And Von Miller will be back the week after. But this is a defensive unit that is playing a bit over their heads missing their Middle Linebacker, both corners, our best defensive player in Von Miller, and one of our starting defensive ends in Robert Ayers.

The other reason the spread is stupid is John Fox isn't a total jerk like Belichik or Pete Carroll. We were up pretty big against the Eagles and he put second string QB Brock Osweiller in and they ran the ball a lot. Also, after a huge emotional win, coming back home I wouldn't be surprised if Denver slept on the Jags a bit and the game was closer than everyone expected. I remember when the Lions went 0-16 the team they almost beat was the then unbeaten Indianapolis Colts. So you never know.

Quote:Of course, they don't expect the Jaguars to score. Why would anyone? The Jaguars just managed 20 against another bottom feeder in St Louis. Against a good team they'll once again be struggling to reach double digits and the Broncos will be playing backups through most of the second half.
We were waiting on your subjective laundry list of Blaine Gabbert's performance. Where have you been buddy?
Quote:We were waiting on your subjective laundry list of Blaine Gabbert's performance. Where have you been buddy?

What?
Quote:I'm a Bronco fan and that is ridiculous. It is at home and we'll put up some points, but three of our best defenders were knocked out of the game yesterday. We should get Champ Bailey back, whose been out all year. And Von Miller will be back the week after. But this is a defensive unit that is playing a bit over their heads missing their Middle Linebacker, both corners, our best defensive player in Von Miller, and one of our starting defensive ends in Robert Ayers.

The other reason the spread is stupid is John Fox isn't a total jerk like Belichik or Pete Carroll. We were up pretty big against the Eagles and he put second string QB Brock Osweiller in and they ran the ball a lot. Also, after a huge emotional win, coming back home I wouldn't be surprised if Denver slept on the Jags a bit and the game was closer than everyone expected. I remember when the Lions went 0-16 the team they almost beat was the then unbeaten Indianapolis Colts. So you never know.
Ridiculous?

Pffffft. Obviously you haven't seen the Jags play.
Well at least you guys will get to draft someone pretty sweet. We were the second worst team in the league three years ago and got Von Miller and that really started turning things around.

Well, at least they won't have Miller. Instead of giving up 10 sacks, we'll only allow 5 lol I don't want to even imagine the score on this game. The Broncos offense is on fire right now. We're just sitting there with gasoline on our rear ends waiting for it lol

if we somehow miraculously win this game, it will be the biggest upset in sports history, or at least in the NFL. man i hope we win, im gonna sacrifice some chicken eggs before the game sunday!! 

Best one yet for team nick name..The Possum Posse.... playing dead at home and get killed on the road.

Pages: 1 2 3