Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Who Is Responsible!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I would like to know who is responsible for turning a once proud franchise into a NFL joke. I’m talking about the insanity that is displayed by stating that Gabbert is still the starter if he is healthy! How does one player become such an obsession with an organization to the detriment of the team and it’s fans!  Even the talking heads are finding it impossible to defend such horrible quarterback play. We don’t have the answer on the bench but anyone who thinks that Blaine Gabbert gives us the best chance to win needs to take there head out of the sand! I will stand firm in supporting this team but I will not, nor do I have to accept the insanity of this coaching staffs player selection at the quarterback position. It is destroying any credibility that this coaching staff may have had. Gus you put the best players on the field or all your competition comments are nothing more then mouthing words. You will lose this locker room and it will be your own fault.

Gene Smith!
Quote:Gene Smith!
For the players in the locker room yes. For the decision of what quarterback should start no!
Gene Smith drafted our most utilized player ever... Anger will punt more than any other punter in NFL History... Don't blame Gene. Blame Dave Caldwell.... he cut Eugene Monroe just hours before Luke goes doen with a season ending leg injury... Dave Caldwell should be fired!!!!

Gene Smith.

Shack Harris.

top 2 offenders. 

Thank the wonderful caped crusaders of J-Ville, Shack Harris and his protégé, Gene Smith.

Jeans Miff!

Terrible draft picks. We're lucky we aren't in even worse shape but guys like Cecil Shorts, Eugene Monroe and Justin Blackmon aren't colossal failures.

Quote:Gene Smith drafted our most utilized player ever... Anger will punt more than any other punter in NFL History... Don't blame Gene. Blame Dave Caldwell.... he cut Eugene Monroe just hours before Luke goes doen with a season ending leg injury... Dave Caldwell should be fired!!!!
He didn't cut Monroe...he traded him...and by the way what was we winning if Monroe was still on the roster...the running game did improve this game after Monroe was traded...

Now move on to your next agenda but try to get some of your facts right the next time...
Wayne Weaver, Gene Smith, Jack Del Rio, and Shack Harris in that order.

Weaver was the owner who fired Coughlin and hired and held JDR, Harris, and Smith. Responsibility at 38%

Gene Smith was the GM who missed on too many players in the draft. Responsibilty at 35%

JDR was a good coach who lapsed at the end of his tenure. He destroyed whatever opportunity Gabbert had to be good by throwing him to the wolves in his rookie season. Responsibility at 22%

Harris was the meistro of bust drafting with a terrible record both in the draft and free agency. Responsibility at 5% since it's been 5 years since he left.
Quote:Gene Smith drafted our most utilized player ever... Anger will punt more than any other punter in NFL History... Don't blame Gene. Blame Dave Caldwell.... he cut Eugene Monroe just hours before Luke goes doen with a season ending leg injury... Dave Caldwell should be fired!!!!
Riiiiight.. Like he knew beforehand that Luke was going to get injured. He got several draft picks for a guy that was going to walk at the end of the season, and in the process, moved Luke to the position he was most comfortable in. Injuries happen.. I don't think Caldwell could have forseen that
Bad drafts - Harris and Smith.  The fans who ran JDR out of here.

Cheers

The start of the decline for the Jag's was when WW fired TC...............

Quote:For the players in the locker room yes. For the decision of what quarterback should start no!
So, why are you asking if you've already made up your mind?
Quote:The start of the decline for the Jag's was when WW fired TC...............

No it wasn't.
Quote:The fans who ran JDR out of here.

lol...huh????
Quote:No it wasn't.
So when was it???????????????
Quote:So when was it???????????????

The Jaguars had a losing record the three seasons before Coughlin was fired. It wasn't exactly a rosy situation. The biggest problem was not cleaning house at any point prior to this offseason. It was always a piecemeal rebuild. New GM/same coach, new coach/same GM. There is not an exact moment that led to the decline. Just a series of moments that led to this disaster we see now.
Durrrrrrrrrr when this new guy came in and cut half the roster and replaced them with rookie free agents, I thought we were going to be real good this year.

Durrrrrrrrr don't mind me. When I think real hard about stuff my eyes go crossed and my ears start to get super hot.

Durrrrrrrrrr I demand answers!!!
When Shack Harris was hired to be teh GM

Gene Smith.

Pages: 1 2 3