Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: There Were Alot Of Positives In Todays Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Feel Free to ad to the list

-The game was watchable and even exciting for most of the first half. 

-I said it before, Justin Blackmon is our best player.  Over 130 yds and a td in his debut

-Will Blackmon is becoming a solid corner.  Yes he got burnt for a td today but he has played well for us

-Marks is a beast on the inside pass rush.  If this guy had 2 good DE we could be seeing big sack numbers from him

-Shorts made some tough grabs and scored a Td himself.  We got a good WR tandum

-The offensive line played well today.  Even with Joeckle went down they were solid

-Mojo had his best game all season.  70 yards with over 4 yards a carry average.

-The Team scored 20 points today.  By far best offensive game all season

-Ace Sanders had a TD today. He got robbed on a bad call but I'm giving him credit

-Gabbert got hurt.  It sucks to say but I can't stand watching this guy play

-

Quote:Feel Free to ad to the list

-I said it before, Justin Blackmon is our best player.  Over 130 yds and a td in his debut

-Will Blackmon is becoming a solid corner.  Yes he got burnt for a td today but he has played well for us

-Marks is a beast on the inside pass rush.  If this guy had 2 good DE we could be seeing big sack numbers from him

-The offensive line played well today.  Even with Joeckle went down they were solid

-Mojo had his best game all season.  70 yards with over 4 yards a carry average.

-Ace Sanders had a TD today. He got robbed on a bad call but I'm giving him credit

-
Quote:Feel Free to ad to the list

-
He didnt get burned for that TD.  It was good coverage just a perfect throw
I wonder who are starting CBs will be when Gratz comes back. My guess is Gratz and Blackmon starting. Ball hasn't played bad but I think Gratz will be a better player

There were some signs of life.  

I can't quite agree on the O-line comment because the run-blocking was so bad most of the time, but this rag-tag group may improve if they stay healthy. 

- I thought Evans showed a little more quickness to the ball today. 

-  Russell Allen made 2 tackles behind the L.O.S.

-  Already mentioned by OP but - Will Blackmon is no joke.  Really good pick-up. 

- Alan Ball had a sure pick today had he not lost his footing.  
It is hard to see, but there are bright spots.  The D was put in a horrible position a couple of times by the offense so the score looks worse than it really was.  It all gets back to the lack of consistant play from the QB. How horrible Gabbert is just exacerbates the other weaknesses. A outside pass rush would also sure help...here is my MOTO (Master of the Obvious) post

Gratz starts becuase he is the young and developing player

MJD looked a bit more like himself today. If he can string together a couple of nice performances maybe somebody will throw a pick at us for him. 

Cyprien made a few really good looking plays against the run. He's still a liability in coverage but he's getting better. 

The OL looked surprisingly decent considering Bradfield and Pasztor were the tackles. 

I'm really excited at the thought of these WRs playing with a real QB. Blackmon and Shorts combined for 10-210-2 from Gabbert and Henne. 

The cornerback group is really good and that's without Gratz in there. That's pretty exciting. Also didn't really notice Evans all day which I think is a good thing?

we have the best set of kickers in the league. hands down.

Quote:It is hard to see, but there are bright spots.  The D was put in a horrible position a couple of times by the offense so the score looks worse than it really was.  It all gets back to the lack of consistant play from the QB. How horrible Gabbert is just exacerbates the other weaknesses. A outside pass rush would also sure help...here is my MOTO (Master of the Obvious) post
The offense handed the Rams 14 points. 7 on the INT, another 7 on the fumble that ended up on the 4 yard line.
I thought was happy with many of the performances today

-Blackmon/Cecil

-Ace as a PR

-Our backup OTs somehow didnt look like garbage against the best DE duo in the NFL.

-Will Blackmon played well, he had pretty decent coverage on that TD pass, its not fair to say he got "burned"

-Marks is a beast

Negatives:

-Cyp missed a couple tackles and got beat in coverage a few times. He was a bit too aggressive at times.  I think hes going to be a great player, but hes going to have to improve on some things, which is to be expected.

-QBs

Quote:we have the best set of kickers in the league. hands down.

Anger consistantly out kicks the coverage and sets up running lanes. Hes been horrible.
Quote:Anger consistantly out kicks the coverage and sets up running lanes. Hes been horrible.
thats on the coach/gunners
Cyprien had 13 tackles. That's having a presence.

The positives are that the guys Dave has brought in for the most part look promising (Denard being the only one who isn't IMO, but we all knew he was a long term project anyway). Marks and Will Blackmon have been FA bargain gems, Joeckel was stoning a very very good Quinn (PFFs #2 DE this year), the entire secondary is very young, improving, and exciting. 

I know a lot of y'all are bummed about the Monroe trade, but I think you'd still admit that almost all of what he has done has been convincingly positive. He just needs to hit on his choice of franchise QB and this team will be competing for the playoffs and more in no time.

Joeckel broke his ankle and not his knee. That's a positive, isn't it?
Quote:Joeckel broke his ankle and not his knee. That's a positive, isn't it?

Very much so, a bad knee is like the kiss of death for tackles.
Unfortunately, this is what it has come to.  The Jags have sucked the life out of us that we are talking about all of these positives when we LOSE by 14 points.  And I'm right there with everyone.  I was dissapointed yesterday, but I thought we played our best game...and it was still not good enough to come within 10 points of one of the other worst teams in the league.  The Rams are a bad team.  They looked almost as lost as we did.

Thanks Jags.  Because of your ineptitude these last 2 years, losing by 14 points is considered a victory!

It sucks that Luke is out for the season but honestly I don't think he was getting much better in our offense in its current state. He is outplaying Fisher who sounds to be getting manhandled on a more consistent basis. We have to build up the interior of the O-line and figure out how to run the ball between the tackles again. MJD isn't an outside runner. Our receiving corp and special teams looked good. Ace provides a spark at returner and they are kicking away from him. Hopefully we can use Gabbert's next injury to finally bury his career as a starter he makes my eyes bleed. Will Henne frustrate me to watch? Yes. Is he good? Heck no. But at least he looks like he can play in the NFL. 

Positives? I'm positive that Gabbert is awful and that Teddy with be our QB next year.

Imagine Shorts and Blackmon with just an AVERAGE QB!

Pages: 1 2