Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Fourth Down
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I totally understand Gus Bradley's logic in putting the offense back on the field instead of taking the points after a Rams penalty. But when offsetting penalties gave Gabbert a third chance to score, why didn't Bradley give up on the touchdown idea.and send Josh Scobee out again?

Also, was our player really interfering with the Rams player? If not, we were robbed and should have had a first down at the 1.

Gabbert makes all of it a non-issue by hitting a wide open MJD...just saying!

0-5 yea! As a true fan I'm so excited we are getting bridgewater.
Quote:Gabbert makes all of it a non-issue by hitting a wide open MJD...just saying!
So you are blaming MJD for not catching the pass?  The interception was totally Gabbert's fault.
Quote:0-5 yea! As a true fan I'm so excited we are getting bridgewater.
You are not a true fan if you want us to be the worst team in the NFL.
Quote:You are not a true fan if you want us to be the worst team in the NFL.

Yes, you've told me that before. I get jaggy with it am not a true fan because I don't want the jags winning 2-3 meaningless games and lose out on a potential number one pick. Does that bother you?
ALL HAIL TEDDY B, THE GREATEST EVER!

Sarcasm.

I don't disagree with the move. Either time. The interference call on US looked questionable based on what was shown on tv, and the commentators weren't sold on it as a flag either. Regardless though, you're in the position and truly thinking that "hey, we're doing great to be this close the way our offense has been playing lately, so we need to light a fire under everyone and get seven. Worst case, we have them pinned inside their own 5!" You really aren't thinking that it's going to end up coming back to the 20 with no points on the board...

Quote:You are not a true fan if you want us to be the worst team in the NFL.
No, he is a true fan. You? You'd rather win meaningless games so we will be stuck in mediocrity for the next 7+ years until another amazing QB prospect like Teddy Bridgewater declares.

YOU, are not a true fan. As a true fan, you want whats best for the franchise. Winning meaningles games in an already lost season does not help the franchise. Get it through your head.

Not busting on you.  But I keep seeing this on the board.

How do we know that Bridgewater is really that good?  Louisville doesn't play against any schools with first rate talent.
Not so fast...Tampa still has to win a game.  I'm not worried about Pitt. and the Giants.
Quote:I totally understand Gus Bradley's logic in putting the offense back on the field instead of taking the points after a Rams penalty. But when offsetting penalties gave Gabbert a third chance to score, why didn't Bradley give up on the touchdown idea.and send Josh Scobee out again?

Also, was our player really interfering with the Rams player? If not, we were robbed and should have had a first down at the 1.
Gabs made it a non-issue by throwing the Int.
Quote:Not so fast...Tampa still has to win a game.  I'm not worried about Pitt. and the Giants.
Bucs defense is good enough to win them a couple games. 
Quote:No, he is a true fan. You? You'd rather win meaningless games so we will be stuck in mediocrity for the next 7+ years until another amazing QB prospect like Teddy Bridgewater declares.

YOU, are not a true fan. As a true fan, you want whats best for the franchise. Winning meaningles games in an already lost season does not help the franchise. Get it through your head.
You should know by now we only need the worst record to clinch the top pick and that can mean 3-13, 2-14, or 1-15. Root for the team to win so they don't join the 2008 Lions.
Quote:Gabs made it a non-issue by throwing the interception.
The whole reason it is an issue is the interception. How can you be that stupid?