Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 5 Observations I Made While At The Game Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1) Gabbert looks even more scared in the pocket when hes 200 feet away. And I don't mean when he randomly decides to scramble straight up the middle, but even when he throws out of the pocket.

2) Henne looks confident but awful. He has no accuracy.

3) Blackmon is an absolute beast and some Rams fans I met seemed to still be upset that we drafted him ahead of them.

4) Marks is a beast.

5) Joeckel was playing great at the LT spot before the injury. The line in general seemed to be playing pretty well for the most part.

Quote:1) Gabbert looks even more scared in the pocket when hes 200 feet away. And I don't mean when he randomly decides to scramble straight up the middle, but even when he throws out of the pocket.

2) Henne looks confident but awful. He has no accuracy.

3) Blackmon is an absolute beast and some Rams fans I met seemed to still be upset that we drafted him ahead of them.

4) Marks is a beast.

5) Joeckel was playing great at the LT spot before the injury. The line in general seemed to be playing pretty well for the most part.
I agree with everything here. I'd like to throw in that I think we could have won this game with even remotely competent QB play and that I like Ace Sanders as a return guy, but still am not sold on him as a receiver.
Many of our offensive ills are QB driven.....and have been for 3 years

My five observations.

1.) Gabbert sucks.

2.) Gabbert sucks.

3.) Gabbert sucks.

4.) Gabbert sucks

5.) Teddy Bridgwater.
I may have been the last "let's see what Gabbert has got" fan left.  Today did it.  The pick six, and the premature scrabbling when a step or two forward would do...

I don't know what to say.  I take no pleasure in yet another wasted 1st round draft choice.  Our team is going to continue to suck for years.  It will take a lot of work to undo what has been done, and I don't know if we have that much time.

Quote:I may have been the last "let's see what Gabbert has got" fan left.  Today did it.  The pick six, and the premature scrabbling when a step or two forward would do...

I don't know what to say.  I take no pleasure in yet another wasted 1st round draft choice.  Our team is going to continue to suck for years.  It will take a lot of work to undo what has been done, and I don't know if we have that much time.

If it wasn't for complete lack of any decent QB ability we could arguable have two wins right now.
Quote:I may have been the last "let's see what Gabbert has got" fan left.  Today did it.  The pick six, and the premature scrabbling when a step or two forward would do...

Same here he had no excuse today. He killed so many plays by scrambling today and his accuracy is shocking.

There's nothing to like about him there is no upside he has zero instincts for the position
Quote:My five observations.

1.) Gabbert sucks.

2.) Gabbert sucks.

3.) Gabbert sucks.

4.) Gabbert sucks

5.) manzeil.
Ahh thats better

We will be competitive next year. All of our rookies (minus Joekel) are getting playing time right now, its only going to make them improve.

Bridgewater will make all of our skills position players look 2x better, and Im pretty confident that we can fix the o-line to make it functional (not a strength) this offseason as well. Draft a RT and C by the 4th round, then in free agency sign a G.

The defense hasnt been horrible this year but with a year of experience I think they will be a middle of the pack unit if they can upgrade at MLB and LEO. Poz is to slow and is a liability in coverage (despite the plays he made today where TEs ran hooks right at him). You cant have those type of guys at MLB anymore. None of the modern day good LBs are as slow and as unathletic as Poz.

Depending on how the offseason turns out I could see us going 10-6 next year at best, and 7-9 at worst.
and scobee is still a beast

Quote:1) Gabbert looks even more scared in the pocket when hes 200 feet away. And I don't mean when he randomly decides to scramble straight up the middle, but even when he throws out of the pocket.

I have never seen a QB so scared to get hit. 
Quote:Same here he had no excuse today. He killed so many plays by scrambling today and his accuracy is shocking.

There's nothing to like about him there is no upside he has zero instincts for the position

whats funny is many spoke of his accuracy issues coming out of college, particularly on routes over 15 yards....and there were people on this board that tried to defend Gabbert to the death about it, and pretend it wasn't an issue. ...
Quote:I have never seen a QB so scared to get hit.
It's not fear of getting hit, it's fear of screwing up, which leafs to screwing up

It was such a huge mistake to put him in there before he had a clue

Too late now
Quote:Ahh thats better

I tend to agree. He has IT
1. Gabbert is not "it".

2. Henne is not "it".

3. Blackmon and Shorts are a very solid receiving duo.

4. MJD can still run, but only now if there is a hole.

5. Sanders is an exciting returner.

6. Pasztor and Bradfield could have stunk, but they didn't.

7. Marks was a very good free agent pick up.

8. Branch is not NFL caliber, and his windmill dance was ill-timed and foolish.

9. Cyprien is a player, just needs more experience.

10. Special teams is getting better as a whole.

Anyone notice that block Geno Hayes had on Aces's punt return that was called back?   Brutal. 

rah rah rah does not work!

And we feel good about that... Smile

Quote:1. Gabbert is not "it".

2. Henne is not "it".

3. Blackmon and Shorts are a very solid receiving duo.

4. MJD can still run, but only now if there is a hole.

5. Sanders is an exciting returner.

6. Pasztor and Bradfield could have stunk, but they didn't.

7. Marks was a very good free agent pick up.

8. Branch is not NFL caliber, and his windmill dance was ill-timed and foolish.

9. Cyprien is a player, just needs more experience.

10. Special teams is getting better as a whole.
No kidding!  He didn't even sack him, he just happened to be closest to Bradford after he fell to touch him on the ground.  What an idiot.
Quote:Anyone notice that block Geno Hayes had on Aces's punt return that was called back?   Brutal. 
Yeah man, that was pathetic.
Quote:Yeah man, that was pathetic.
Not the block in the back (that was Reynolds)

Hayes completely leveled a guy to help spring Ace.    It was awesome. You could hear all the guys on the sideline reacting to it. 
Pages: 1 2