Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Whats With The Coward Plays?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am not understanding some of the stupid decisions by the coaching staff.

1.  We are down by 10 against the rams at halftime.  We have the ball with 20+ seconds left and 3 timeouts.  I don't understand not trying to throw the ball and see what happens.  Instead we call a draw play and let the clock run out

2.  The Jags were up by 3 on the Rams side of the ball.  3rd and long.  Instead of trying to throw for the first down, a run play was called that netted like 2 yards to set up the long field goal attempt. 

3. Defense in the red zone rams driving.  2 solid sticks and now it's 3rd and goal.  A soft zone coverage is called and allows the easy score.

Makes you wonder if this isn't just bad play calling or intentional failure.

At this point, I'm hoping we enter a golden age of Jaguar football with Teddy Bridgewater getting us a dynasty
Quote:At this point, I'm hoping we enter a golden age of Jaguar football with Teddy Bridgewater getting us a dynasty

You need to unhitch your wagon from that cart, the draft is a long, long ways away.

The 'called' QB draw where Blaine sorta fell on himself... did not like that.  I've seen enough.  You're a big boy, lower your shoulder.
So you would rather have Gabbert try to make a throw downfield into tight coverage? Really? Really????

If you have an upper echelon QB in the league you try with 20 secs. and 3 time outs,   try to get in FG range,  but When you have GaBBy,  You take a knee.

Because we have a coward qb who sees phantom pass rushers.

Quote:If you have an upper echelon QB in the league you try with 20 secs. and 3 time outs, try to get in FG range, but When you have Gabby, you take a knee.
Say hi to Peyton Manning. With almost two minutes remaining, he drew once, then knelt twice, and ran the clock down to two seconds for the game-winning FG attempt. That is good clock control at the end of a half.
Quote:I am not understanding some of the stupid decisions by the coaching staff.

1.  We are down by 10 against the rams at halftime.  We have the ball with 20+ seconds left and 3 timeouts.  I don't understand not trying to throw the ball and see what happens.  Instead we call a draw play and let the clock run out

2.  The Jags were up by 3 on the Rams side of the ball.  3rd and long.  Instead of trying to throw for the first down, a run play was called that netted like 2 yards to set up the long field goal attempt. 

3. Defense in the red zone rams driving.  2 solid sticks and now it's 3rd and goal.  A soft zone coverage is called and allows the easy score.

A draw with a QB who is scared to death of contact is a marginal call at best
Quote:I am not understanding some of the stupid decisions by the coaching staff.

its bad play calling, and if it contiues bridgwater wont help this team
I'm not in love with Fisch's play calling, but I get it.

Selling out to get the running game going sucks when your o-line isn't blocking well.   I still don't think we can accurately evaluate Fisch's playbook until we actually see it.  And we've probably only seen half of it.   Half of it likely just won't work without a competent QB and a line that can run the ZBS effectively. 

We saw a few glimpses of what the run game should look like when we were down by 2 TDs late in the game - but that has to happen against a stacked box - and that hasn't happened yet.

All of that said - I did still question a few play calls - but I'm not tripping about it yet. 

It's Fisch's strategy of bending over and wrapping your hands around your ankles hoping the assault doesn't last too long. 

You live and die by your QB. If we had one I'm sure the playcalling would be very different.
So you are saying they wanted to lose because they didn't put it in Mr. Pick Six's hands at crunch time? Laughing

If you call taking points off the board to try a fourth and goal TD pass cowardly, then I really can't help you.

Personally, I thought that was idiotic, but I can't say it wasn't bold.

Quote:So you would rather have Gabbert try to make a throw downfield into tight coverage? Really? Really????

yeah, he tried that in the 1st Q and threw a pick 6, missing his Jaguar target by about 15 yards....
Stop it. I agree Blaine does not look like the answer. How ever Blaine did step into the rush and deliver some nice passes in the first quarter. And then Luke went down. So had Luke not we don't know if that would of been a major difference.
Gabbert Virus. 

Quote:yeah, he tried that in the 1st Q and threw a pick 6, missing his Jaguar target by about 15 yards....
That wasn't tight coverage. He actually had the open man, he just missed the throw in the absolute worst way a QB can miss a throw.
Quote:Gabbert Virus. 
By the way, the GIF in your sig is actually another good read. Gabbert pulls it down after seeing #22 breaking on MJD. Of course it wouldn't be Gabbert if he didn't follow a good moment with a bad one.
Its called Tank!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2