Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Our Defensive Scheme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all, I want to start off by saying that I have been impressed with our defense so far this season. Yes, they have given up plenty of points, but that's because the offense pretty much leaves them on the field the whole game by both not making plays, and turning the ball over. Also, our young guys have loads of potential and are showing flashes of productivity (Cyprien, and specifically Blackmon).

However, our scheme on defense is puzzling to me. Specifically on third down. Every third down against our opponent we're basically playing a prevent defense. Now, i understand this philosophy when it's a more than 10 yard conversion, and/or the game is on the line, but this just isn't an appropriate approach to take against opposing teams, especially the ones with mediocre QBs (like the rams), or when it's a 3rd and 5. A couple of weeks ago when i was checking out the Seahawk Fans' board, i noticed that they were mentioning the same thing about Bradley and his philosophy of calling extremely soft zones on 3rd down.

What are you guys' thoughts on our scheme and our overall defense? 

When we get the players then I'll think about it. This year is just filled with guys trying to make an impact that will either not be there next year or be a back up
Quote:First of all, I want to start off by saying that I have been impressed with our defense so far this season. Yes, they have given up plenty of points, but that's because the offense pretty much leaves them on the field the whole game by both not making plays, and turning the ball over. Also, our young guys have loads of potential and are showing flashes of productivity (Cyprien, and specifically Blackmon).

However, our scheme on defense is puzzling to me. Specifically on third down. Every third down against our opponent we're basically playing a prevent defense. Now, i understand this philosophy when it's a more than 10 yard conversion, and/or the game is on the line, but this just isn't an appropriate approach to take against opposing teams, especially the ones with mediocre QBs (like the rams), or when it's a 3rd and 5. A couple of weeks ago when i was checking out the Seahawk Fans' board, i noticed that they were mentioning the same thing about Bradley and his philosophy of calling extremely soft zones on 3rd down.

What are you guys' thoughts on our scheme and our overall defense? 

Their on the field no more then last years defense. look it up I did, through 5 games we're on the field an average of about a min less then last year per game.
We have a defensive scheme?