Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Is It Possible That Gabbert Could Be Released Before The Season's Up?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This isn't a Gabbert bashing thread. I'm just curious as to how close he is to losing the faith of the staff.

The Jaguars love releasing their QBs abruptly, so what are the chances, in your opinion, that we keep tradition alive by releasing Gabbert before the season's up?

Why?

It serves no purpose at this point.
I don't see it happening, but of course it's not impossible considering the team's history (though those decision makers are gone now).

What had me thinking was the hamstring injury. Had he and the team been playing well, moving the ball along and looking solid, would that injury have taken him out of the game? Not a conspiracy theory by any means, but I think being slightly hobbled with a pulled hamstring made it convenient to switch quarterbacks and try to get something going... Which they did get some momentum for a short bit.

I doubt it. Would not be surprised to see him go on IR at some point. It would be akin to putting a dog to sleep.

I wouldn't be shocked by his release.  He played badly enough the past two weeks to earn it, IMO. 

I'm sure they've seen enough to make their "evaluation" by now - but they may trot him out there one or two more times so they are certain of not abandoning a 1st rounder too soon - (even if it may seem silly to most fans.)   At this point I wouldn't even want him as a back-up. 

Quote:I wouldn't be shocked by his release.  He played badly enough the past two weeks to earn it, IMO. 

I'm sure they've seen enough to make their "evaluation" by now - but they may trot him out there one or two more times so they are certain of not abandoning a 1st rounder too soon - (even if it may seem silly to most fans.)   At this point I wouldn't even want him as a back-up. 

Hopefully if they trot him out there, it is not for the next home game. Last week was embarrasing.
He didn't even look like a capable backup. Any faith I had in  him has been wrecked by this game.

I think it was the worst ive seen him play.

He's worth at least a 4th and a 5th. We're going to need more late round picks to come in and start in 2014.

He looked like Gabbert. One great play surrounded by pure garbage. Still, I don't see him getting cut. There's no point. This hamstring injury will hopefully sideline him for at least a few weeks.
Quote:This isn't a Gabbert bashing thread. I'm just curious as to how close he is to losing the faith of the staff.

The Jaguars love releasing their QBs abruptly, so what are the chances, in your opinion, that we keep tradition alive by releasing Gabbert before the season's up?

I think we are cursed because we have done this twice, the question is how long the curse will last..
Quote:This isn't a Gabbert bashing thread. I'm just curious as to how close he is to losing the faith of the staff.

That was a different staff in a bygone era.  This staff doesn't seem nearly as knee-jerk.  I'd be surprised if Gabbert was actually released during the season.  What would be the point?
he wont be released, we need him to guarantee is the top pick.

5foot7

Quote:He's worth at least a 4th and a 5th. We're going to need more late round picks to come in and start in 2014.

Seriously? Gene Smith isn't GMing other NFL teams, bro.
Quote:He's worth at least a 4th and a 5th. We're going to need more late round picks to come in and start in 2014.

haha.......what?
It would be low key, I agree with the assumption that he would go on IR as a mercy-end to his season.

At this point it has to be about just confirming that he's so bad he's not even back-up material.  They can't possibly be hoping for some miracle emergence from him anymore.  

The team doctors need to throw us a bone and declare Gabbert's hamstring injury season ending.

I just can't watch that bum anymore.
Not likely but I wouldn't rule it out.

If we get a 7th for chicken little then the GM is a genius!!!

Pages: 1 2