Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Regardless Of The Outcome, We Should All Be Very Proud Of Our Team Today.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

The Jags have done something today that they haven't done in about 2 seasons....They showed effort.

Don't confuse effort with playing another bottom feeder.

Yeah, lets give them trophies too...

Pay me millions and I'll give you more than effort...

Eh, I guess. That's a pretty bad team we played today.
Proud?  Are you kidding me?  What a joke. 

Quote:Don't confuse effort with playing another bottom feeder.
Hey, I'll take any effort against any team. Regardless of how good, or bad the team is.
Nope.  Not proud.  They stunk and they lost to a struggling team. 

The defense blows. Can't stop THE WORST rushing team in the NFL. Yea makes me real proud
Very proud.  They found a way to lose when all hope was lost.   :thumbsup:

Seeing more bright spots, nice to see JB back and make an impact.. But overall still pretty dismal. 

Yeah, players who are fighting for their career haven't been showing effort. It never amazes me how illogical folks can be.

Hey guys, good job losing by 2 scores to the second worst team in the league, maybe one day we will actually be able to beat someone.
Yeah. Like being proud of your hooker daughter because she makes an effort at making a living.
It was really a 3-score loss but Fisher had mercy at the end.

What is there to be proud of? MJD ran only 70 yards IIRC. Blaine Gabbert's arm was the cause of their two touchdown lead.

The answer is obviously Justin Blackmon. In his first game this season, he statistically had a good day - 7 catches for over 130 yards, I think. I am proud of both Blackmons actually because Will was good at pass defense. Jonathan Cyprien was not bad either. Subtract turnovers and we win that game.

Yes, we did show effort today, and I am happy about that. But the loss of #76 will kill us down the road.

Still lost by double figures
Quote:What is there to be proud of? MJD ran only 70 yards IIRC. Blaine Gabbert's arm was the cause of their two touchdown lead.

The answer is obviously Justin Blackmon. In his first game this season, he statistically had a good day - 7 catches for over 130 yards, I think. I am proud of both Blackmons actually because Will was good at pass defense. Jonathan Cyprien was not bad either. Subtract turnovers and we win that game.

Yes, we did show effort today, and I am happy about that. But the loss of #76 will kill us down the road.
We're already dead
Honestly I think if you replaced Gabbert with a mediocre QB we would have won today.

There is no reason to be proud of the Jaguars, Blaine Gabbert has THE worst offensive line and still is given time to throw, make the good plays and he looks absolutely horrible.

The defense still gave up big plays in the running game, Cyp had a HUGE game which is actually a very bad thing because the ball carrier is getting to the 2nd level all the time.

At this point in the season with two great Tackles gone via Trade & via Injury it really won't matter. This team, our team is the laughing stock of the league. Shad, Caldwell & Gus must be very proud.

Oh but our Pro Bowler Anger looked great, very proud.

Yeah, "proud" isn't the word I would use. This game had me wanting to bash my head into a brick wall for most of the duration of it, just like the previous 4 games. But for different reasons. This time not because we had no chance to keep up, but because we had every chance to set the pace and stay in the game, and just kept giving it to the Rams in different ways. As bad as the turnovers were, they should have been worse. We recovered 2 of our fumbles. The running game was lifeless until late. The defense continues to show potential in the secondary, which is awesome being that we have so much youth and inexperience there, but there they can't stop the run for anything.

You know how we like the "MJD left...Gabbert incomplete...3rd and long and MJD goes right. Punt" playcalling? Yeah... Teams can do that against us and still get the first-down. I can't begin to count the 5-10 yard runs.

But Blackmon looked good in his return, even aside from the 67 yard TD. Shorts still had a solid day. The young TEs look like they can develop. And the line wasn't horrid. There were definitely some less than fantastic moments...but...all things considered...they've looked worse.

But proud and effort aren't words I'd use. Effort is expected.