Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Caldwell's 2015 draft as bad as his 2013?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We all know just how bad the 2013 draft was, but the 2015 is possibly on a similar level, and if you believe it is, can you really stick with Caldwell moving forward?

Round 1: Fowler, more like Fouler, right?

Round 2: Yeldon, a complete waste of a pick. Taking RBs high is always risky, but when it's a guy that doesn't have any standout ability and is also a fumbler it's a pretty stupid pick.

Round 3: Cann, looked okay last year, but hasn't held up in 2016 so far. Could be another guy that doesn't end up panning out.

Round 4: Sample, looks to be a career nothing.

Round 5: Greene, seemed to be a possible answer at punt returner and backup WR and suddenly can't field a punt. Could be out of the league soon if he doesn't turn it around in a major way.

Round 6: Bennett, another example of just a guy syndrome. Backup player at best, not that you expect much in the 6th round, but it's not fixing a bad draft.

Round 7: Neal Sterling and Ben Koyack. Koyack might make it to the point of being a contributing player, but that's not a guarantee, and getting a few borderline players in a draft isn't what I'd call a success.

Between two drafts devoid of impact players and a coach selection that ended up as one of the worst of all time can Dave really survive another season?

Its worse tbh

Cyprien isnt that bad anymore so its already 1 player more than the entire 2015 class
Quote:We all know just how bad the 2013 draft was, but the 2015 is possibly on a similar level, and if you believe it is, can you really stick with Caldwell moving forward?

Round 2: Yeldon, a complete waste of a pick. Taking RBs high is always risky, but when it's a guy that doesn't have any standout ability and is also a fumbler it's a pretty stupid pick.

Round 3: Cann, looked okay last year, but hasn't held up in 2016 so far. Could be another guy that doesn't end up panning out.

Round 5: Greene, seemed to be a possible answer at punt returner and backup WR and suddenly can't field a punt. Could be out of the league soon if he doesn't turn it around in a major way.

Round 6: Bennett, another example of just a guy syndrome. Backup player at best, not that you expect much in the 6th round, but it's not fixing a bad draft.

Round 7: Neal Sterling and Ben Koyack. Koyack might make it to the point of being a contributing player, but that's not a guarantee, and getting a few borderline players in a draft isn't what I'd call a success.

Between two drafts devoid of impact players and a coach selection that ended up as one of the worst of all time can Dave really survive another season?

Shhh... Dont wake them up .. Lol
We should have drafted Tevin Coleman in the 3rd. Yeldon would probably have been a 4th round pick if we didn't pick him.

A lot of us wanted Leonard Williams too -_-

Quote:We should have drafted Tevin Coleman in the 4th. Yeldon would probably have been a 4th round pick if we didn't pick him.

A lot of us wanted Leonard Williams too -_-

Count me among those that wanted Williams over Fowler. I think 2015 was another pretty weak draft, much like the 2013 one was, but isn't Dave getting paid millions of dollars to know which players are better? If he is really just a guy that spends a lot of time at the stadium watching film and gaining little insight from it then I could see Khan cleaning house after this season and getting a new GM or coach and letting them choose the coach/GM they want to work with.
The Yeldon pick was maybe the biggest head scratcher of any picks in Daves 4 years here. He was never even that good at Ala. He is a decent 2nd string back. To take him high in the 2nd with all the talent that was still on the board was a mistake. Not to mention the RBs that were still on the board that were better than him and could of gotten later in the draft
how is it possible to be this awful on special teams?

Idk if Sample has even played a snap

Really wanted any one other than Fowler in that draft
I was invested in this game for a few mins. I'm all checked out now. Should be 14+ up.
Lol
The Gratz pick was the 2nd biggest head scratcher. The guy got beat multiple time at Uconn and wasnt good at all even in college. You had guys like Logan Ryan and Honey Badger that were much better than Gratz, we needed still needed a lot of help on the oline and had guys like Larry Warford and Terron Armstead that would of been much better value and much better players who could of went in the 1st round
I think Fowler can be productive still.  It takes time to develop a pass rusher.  With better coaching, it should help.

The rest of the draft though, meh....

Give grade A prime beef to a fry cook and you ain't coming out with Ruth's Chris.
Caldwell is clueless. Even a casual football fan could see David Johnson or Tevin Coleman would be better than Yeldon.
Quote:Give grade A prime beef to a fry cook and you ain't coming out with Ruth's Chris.

I agree, but aside from the possibility of Fowler coming on strong with good coaching which guys will be significantly better than they have been so far? Greene looked like he could be good for a short time, but he's following Bortles down the toilet right now. Cann might be a guy that is a passable starter with great coaching down the line, but I don't see him being a top tier guy right now.

Which guys do you think just need coaching up.
I think all of the starters except Poz still have room for growth. I don't see anyone who Caldwell brought in that Gus has developed and maximized.
Quote:Hah, ok...

1. Fowler

2. Yeldon

3. Greene
Almost like I could have seen this happening in the nightmare scenario draft thread...
Quote:Almost like I could have seen this happening in the nightmare scenario draft thread...

The validation you seek will not be found here.
I like how people act like Fowler was a bad pick, and not unanimous Top 5.

Quote:We all know just how bad the 2013 draft was, but the 2015 is possibly on a similar level, and if you believe it is, can you really stick with Caldwell moving forward?

no...he's brought in TONS of talent...Dave isn't the problem....THEY SAY! lol

you are correct. Dave is trash and is the reason we have so many losses.
Pages: 1 2