Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Mjd Is Going To Go Off This Week..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Rams have given up monster numbers this year, they have no run defense. MJD is going to get that confidence. 

That would require him not to be hit in the backfield on every carry because the interior offensive line imploding. 

MJD is slow and unexplosive. Dude is done.
MJD is a Colts killer too.

Maybe MJD is just done?
In addition to MoJo's decline, perhaps he too is adjusting to the ZBS that arrived with the new OC/ OL coach. 

I know McFadden had a rough year running the ball last season trying to adjust to the ZBS after having a good season the one before it in a standard system. 

I'll be happy if he gets 80 yards. 

Quote:MJD is a Colts killer too.

Maybe MJD is just done?

You mean Gabbert.
Between defenders getting to him through the Oline and his loss of a quick launch (what I saw firsthand this past Sunday)

....I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Heck, give Todman some reps....let the guy develop

Bad O-Line and worst QB in the league may have something to do with his decline.
You guys are missing the point.. Jim Brown could come out of retirement right now and go for 100 on the Rams defense.. their run D is like our O line.. they bad. 

Quote:You guys are missing the point.. Jim Brown could come out of retirement right now and go for 100 on the Rams defense.. their run D is like our O line.. they bad.

Then we should be worried if he struggles..
Am hoping so.....he can then be placed on the trading block and Dave can collect more picks.

No he isn't.

Quote:MJD is slow and unexplosive. Dude is done.

Maybe he gets up to 2.595 ypc. 
Quote:You guys are missing the point.. Jim Brown could come out of retirement right now and go for 100 on the Rams defense.. their run D is like our O line.. they bad.
So, when he struggles against the Rams, what will that say about him?

Even if he does do well, so what? You've pretty much made the case that the Rams run defense stinks. So, it remains meaningless if he is productive, right?
Quote:So, when he struggles against the Rams, what will that say about him?

Even if he does do well, so what? You've pretty much made the case that the Rams run defense stinks. So, it remains meaningless if he is productive, right?

Not meaningless.  It would at least give some hope that MJD is getting stronger.  If he struggles though, that will say a lot more then if he does well.
Quote:So, when he struggles against the Rams, what will that say about him?

Who cares if it's meaningless? I simply said he's going to go off and I stand by that. 
Quote:Not meaningless.  It would at least give some hope that MJD is getting stronger.  If he struggles though, that will say a lot more then if he does well.

Sorry, but it would be meaningless because the next marginal run defense he'd face would shut him down once again. Fools gold. False hope. That's all this game would potentially bring.
I hope so. If not, will he be in the nfl next year?
Quote:I'll be happy if he gets 80 yards. 

He absolutely will, if they give him 33+ runs.
Pages: 1 2