Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Todd Wash for Head Coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hear me out, now. 

Wash has the attention of the players and his defense is ranked 7th overall.  7th!  After being 30th for 3 years!  They play hard for him.  They are super young but playing well enough to win if they had some support from the offense.  With a few exceptions, they have held teams in check for large portions of most games. 

Do we really want to blow this up and start over?  The offense is the main problem.  The defense could be lights out next year, but a new head coach would likely not retain Wash or our defensive scheme.  If Wash was HC he could bring in somebody to run the offense and/or Special Teams. 

I get the feeling Wash would not coddle players or let them stay on the field after screwing up game after game.  Seems like the D is held accountable more than the O.  Another pick 6?  Sit down.  We have other guys that can throw a football. 

Yeah I had this thought a little while ago but then I said wait... we got

-Jalen, Prince and Malik and Teshaun in the offseason

-We rank top 5 In Pass D

Yet...

We have no pass rush? And we haven't had a consistent pass rush since Wash got here and he's been our D-line coach.

I think Wash got a lot of help this offseason. However, I do love his demeanor and if we decide to go in-house with coaching staff change I think Wash would be my top pick.
Wash will go on to be a good coordinator IMO, but he's not ready for a HC gig. He's had some struggles early but that's to be expected being a first time play caller. Unfortunately he's most likely to continue his career elsewhere.
Quote:Hear me out, now. 

Wash has the attention of the players and his defense is ranked 7th overall.  7th!  After being 30th for 3 years!  They play hard for him.  They are super young but playing well enough to win if they had some support from the offense.  With a few exceptions, they have held teams in check for large portions of most games. 

Do we really want to blow this up and start over?  The offense is the main problem.  The defense could be lights out next year, but a new head coach would likely not retain Wash or our defensive scheme.  If Wash was HC he could bring in somebody to run the offense and/or Special Teams. 

I get the feeling Wash would not coddle players or let them stay on the field after screwing up game after game.  Seems like the D is held accountable more than the O.  Another pick 6?  Sit down.  We have other guys that can throw a football. 

I want a clean break from the Bradley era.  Gus & Wash are buddies.  Wash as HC might even want bring Bradley back as a DC or position coach.  No thanks.

Blow it up and start over, at least as far as leadership is concerned.  Let a new crew come in here, evaluate the talent that we have, and coach up who they intend to keep.
Great, let's bring in another rah-rah guy with no previous head coaching experience.  Maybe Wash can continue his success of getting the fewest turnovers in the NFL somewhere else, but if this is a serious thread - it's a huge fail.  

We need proven winners, not more coaches who are going to continue to underperform. 

Wash should go coach a college team.after this. Maybe Bradley can be his DC.
Blowing the whole thing up could be good or bad.  What currently unemployed coach is going to turn this around?  I could go with Tom Coughlin as HC, keeping Wash as DC.  How about that?  Accountability across the board, a rising young defense in place and an excellent offensive mind in TC.  Let Tom bring in a new offensive staff and ST coach.

Hes done a good job but he also has lots of talent. Still think hes gonna be a good coordinator somewhere else but i think a total wash of the bradley era is best. But i wouldnt freak out if he wasnt fired either.
Quote:Hear me out, now.

Wash has the attention of the players and his defense is ranked 7th overall. 7th!
Does anyone feel like this defense is 7th? I think the stats can be misleading.

The ranking is based of how many yards are reached by the opposing team. When there is a turnover committed by the Jags, in Jaguars territory, the opponent has less yards to go to make a score, as opposed to the opponent starting on their own 25. And there are no yards taken into effect for a Bortles pick 6. Hence, it is quite possible for an opponent to blow up the score board, and the Jags defense to have held them to less than average yards. And when the Jags have hardly any offense at all, and the opponents are 3 scores ahead, opponents are happy to do things like control the clock, play it safe, or even put in 2nd stringers.

Sorry, Wash sucks. The scheme sucks. We are in the bottom tier in several other defensive statistics, including points allowed.
Quote:Does anyone feel like this defense is 7th? I think the stats can be misleading.

The ranking is based of how many yards are reached by the opposing team. When there is a turnover committed by the Jags, in Jaguars territory, the opponent has less yards to go to make a score, as opposed to the opponent starting on their own 25. And there are no yards taken into effect for a Bortles pick 6. Hence, it is quite possible for an opponent to blow up the score board, and the Jags defense to have held them to less than average yards. And when the Jags have hardly any offense at all, and the opponents are 3 scores ahead, opponents are happy to do things like control the clock, play it safe, or even put in 2nd stringers.

Sorry, Wash sucks. The scheme sucks. We are in the bottom tier in several other defensive statistics, including points allowed.
I think they're playing more like a 15th ranked defense at the moment.
#5 in passing yards against

#28 in rushing yards against

#25 in sacks

#32 in interceptions

#26 in points against

I'd say 15th is far too generous
Lol, this would be a terrible idea.
Nope, he's been around dopey Gus and the loser culture for too long. We need to wipe the slate clean of anything that has to do with Gus. Only then will the franchise and city be able to heal.
no

Please stop the in-house hire. We saw how awful Gene Smith's hire was.

Besides you should be Todd Wash or one of his kids to suggest the idea.
Another inexperienced head coach....NO !!!!!!!!!

No pass rush... no turnovers... no thanks.

Nope,nope,nope.....no more rookie Head Coaches that used to be coordinators. 

Besides....he looks too much like gus.  :woot:

No more of the Ice Cream Zone, thanks.
This would be THE #becausejaguars moment to kick off 2017.
Pages: 1 2 3