Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Nfl Says Todman Penalty Unwarranted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The league should also give us a draft pick in compensation for this outrageous miscarriage of justice. 

Quote:The league should also give us a draft pick in compensation for this outrageous miscarriage of justice. 
He was fined for that?? HAHAHAHAHA Love ya, NFL!

Babin's hit on Luck wasn't even a penalty. Hit him in the upper chest. Flagged and fined. Typical. 

If I remember correctly that penalty killed that drive too.

We had a little something going until that.

Quote:If I remember correctly that penalty killed that drive too.

We had a little something going until that.
Correct.  Wasn't a stellar looking drive, but any time this offense gets a single first down it's a shame to have a penalty erase it. 
its a conspirecy i tell you. Refs see us driving magic flag appears. :teehee:

Quote:Babin's hit on Luck wasn't even a penalty. Hit him in the upper chest. Flagged and fined. Typical. 

Someone said there was accidental helmet contact. The problem is officials don't consider the intention. They only care about the results, which is stupid.

Quote:It's a conspirecy i tell you. Refs see us driving magic flag appears.

That was obvious when a penalty wiped out a beautiful jump catch by Cecil Shorts. If there really was a personal foul by the offense, CBS would have shown it to us.

However, it is worth noting John Parry was the referee. The previous week, I watched another game where he called a lot more penalties than other referees do.
Quote:Defensive end Jason Babin was docked $15,750 for his hit on Colts quarterback Andrew Luck. It is Babin’s fourth fine since the start of last year. Running back Jordan Todman was fined $7,875 for unnecessary roughness but is appealing because the league told the Jaguars a penalty should not have been called.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/...z2gp1vL1b6

Quote:Someone said there was accidental helmet contact. The problem is officials don't consider the intention. They only care about the results, which is stupid.

The only thing that's stupid is you thinking intention should play a factor in determining whether a play is legal or not.
Quote:The only thing that's stupid is you thinking intention should play a factor in determining whether a play is legal or not.
I call it stupid because anyone who saw a replay of the hit on Tom Brady last year knows it was 100 percent Brady's fault a Jaguars player hit him in the helmet. Referees need to take into account if the helmet collision was caused by the offensive player.
Quote:I call it stupid because anyone who saw a replay of the hit on Tom Brady last year knows it was 100 percent Brady's fault a Jaguars player hit him in the helmet. Referees need to take into account if the helmet collision was caused by the offensive player.

Cause and intention are two wholly different things. A defensive player may not have the intention of helmet to helmet contact but still be the cause of it.