Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Far Less Injured Reserve Under Caldwell?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jags have 3 on injured reserve.  My impression on Gene Smith was that he seemed to put a lot more guys on IR. Anyone recall where IR stood at this point the last couple years?

Gene loved IRing everyone. We had the most in the league I believe.
Gene used IR as a way to stash players for next year. Caldwell doesn't use IR the same way.
You are right about Gene Smith putting too many guys on IR. Rashad Jennings was cleared to play and stuck on that list. That was a case where Gene would have applied the DTR (designated to return) tag if it existed at the time, however, because he expressed frustration about not having a short-term IR list.

I don't track how many guys we have on IR, but I do know it was more than three after only four weeks.

Quote:You are right about Gene Smith putting too many guys on IR. Rashad Jennings was cleared to play and stuck on that list. That was a case where Gene would have applied the DTR (designated to return) tag if it existed at the time, however, because he expressed frustration about not having a short-term IR list.

I don't track how many guys we have on IR, but I do know it was more than three after only four weeks.
Rackley also
Quote:Gene loved IRing everyone. We had the most in the league I believe.
2 yrs in a row.  A few years ago we had like 35 players on IR I think lol
Quote:Rackley also
When was he supposed to come back if not put on IR?
Gene used it too heavily, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Caldwell use it a bit more than he has as the season goes on in order to bring in a few waiver claims for evaluation. 

I always hated the way Gene did that, we could've used Rashard that one year I remember him being cleared to play and then he was on the IR. Same with D'Anthony hard to evaluate a guy when he's on the IR every year.