Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Blackmon Put His Time Off To Good Use
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Quote: 

Brent Martineau ‏@BrentAS360

Blackmon gained 8 pounds of muscle and lost 4 percent body fat according to a teammate. Best shape of life.

Quote: 

Brent Martineau ‏@BrentAS360

I've also heard that Blackmon spent a lot of the month visiting hospitals here and in california. They were not publicized.

I think this kid is going to be all right. But the proof will be over time.

Nice to hear. Sounds like he's starting off on the right foot. :thumbsup: 

I really think he's turned a corner to a positive direction. The man was riled up and getting into fights in the freakin' pre-season. He knows Shad, Gus and Dave are hellbent on making this a succesful franchise. I really do think he first came here and didn't want any part of it. He saw the poor drafting, the overpaid players, the lazy mentality, etc. This team turned a corner so he did to.

My favorite part was that his visits weren't publicized.
Quote:I think this kid is going to be all right. But the proof will be over time.
Glad to see that the maturity is starting to set in for him. He'll be a good player for us. Cecil and Justin will make Teddy a very happy QB next year.
Quote:I really think he's turned a corner to a positive direction. The man was riled up and getting into fights in the freakin' pre-season.

I don't mind that.....thats just football stuff. Dude's a competitor. Id rather have more players with his grit than some players with no fire. 
He's better than Shorts and he will soon show why. 

Good to hear.

Quote:I don't mind that.....thats just football stuff. Dude's a competitor. Id rather have more players with his grit than some players with no fire. 

I was mentioning that as a positive thing. He didn't have that energy all last year but he was riled up for the pre-season this year. lol.
Quote:I don't mind that.....thats just football stuff. Dude's a competitor. Id rather have more players with his grit than some players with no fire. 
Brady gets in spouting matches all the time

Agreed completely.

More importantly, I'd also throw in more players with his TALENT than some with no ability.
We need something to smile about. Thank the lord he's back
Good to know he really did learn something from his suspension. I always believed him when he said that, but knew there was a small chance it might not happen.

Time will tell who is better. What we do know is which player was better during his rookie season, and that guy was Blackmon.

Quote:Good to know he really did learn something from his suspension. I always believed him when he said that, but knew there was a small chance it might not happen.

Time will tell who is better. What we do know is which player was better during his rookie season, and that guy was Blackmon.

We don't know that he learned anything.

It's great to hear that he's taking his conditioning seriously if the reports are true, but the way the games have played out could really cause the Jaguars problems if Blackmon comes back and seems to significantly improve the offense.

He'll suddenly be the indespensible guy who can do no wrong, and for someone with a problem resisting temptation it could cause problems.

That said I still hope he plays great and the team looks more competitive with him.
Apparently Shorts hurt his groin so he will be double teamed as well. Blackmon is better obviously but still.

Quote:Apparently Shorts hurt his groin so he will be double teamed as well. Blackmon is better obviously but still.
When was this?
Quote:When was this?

Today. Came out of practice.
We need to draft another WR who can play outside at a competitive level. Jordan Matthews anyone?
I want Marquis Lee. We really need a deep threat. I know, I know, "but we have Shorts..." but this man cannot stay 100% healthy and if his speed is hampered even a little, he can't run past anyone. I don't know why we didn't draft another WR in later rounds taller than 6'0".

That's wasn't 8 pounds of muscle, it was the two flasks and whiskey he has strapped under his pads.

Anyways, glad to hear he seems to be cleaning up and getting things together. Hope he turns out to be the guy we expect him to be
Pages: 1 2 3