Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Pittsburgh Pirates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Great Game -- Great Atmosphere

Go Bucs !!!

Raise the Jolly Rancher !!

Better believe it! Great game for the Buccos. Can't wait to get to the St. Louis series on Thursday!

Need to get one in St. Louis

The crowd and atmosphere was giving me the chills last night as I watched. This article brought them back. Great stuff.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/pittsburgh-...39218.html

I went to a sold out game this season in Pittsburgh. It was the last game before the All Star Break against the Mets. Mets HR hitter David Wright was the NL Rep for the HR Derby. He didn't choose Alvarez on the initial go round, (he was robbed), but chose a couple buddies.

The crowd was merciless on Wright and had him rattled that night too. It was awesome.

Quote:The crowd and atmosphere was giving me the chills last night as I watched. This article brought them back. Great stuff.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/pittsburgh-...39218.html

I went to a sold out game this season in Pittsburgh. It was the last game before the All Star Break against the Mets. Mets HR hitter David Wright was the NL Rep for the HR Derby. He didn't choose Alvarez on the initial go round, (he was robbed), but chose a couple buddies.

The crowd was merciless on Wright and had him rattled that night too. It was awesome.

Yes, it was crazy last night.  I can't recall being on the edge of my seat for every pitch.  Now I know how Yankee fans and Red Sox fans feel.

I get the MLB Package so I do recall the Bucs/Mets game on Root Sports Network (Ch 659 direct tv) prior to the All Star break.   So funny to see the fanbase get intense once again.
Quote:Yes, it was crazy last night.  I can't recall being on the edge of my seat for every pitch.  Now I know how Yankee fans and Red Sox fans feel.

I get the MLB Package so I do recall the Bucs/Mets game on Root Sports Network (Ch 659 direct tv) prior to the All Star break.   So funny to see the fanbase get intense once again.
The fan base has to be able to get intense about something! The new ownership has taken a different route that McClatchy took. McClatchy was all about being cheap and making every dollar he could. When players started to perform, he'd trade them for little to nothing just so he didn't have to pay.

The new guy has gone the TB Rays route and it is a success, and he still makes money! Small market teams can do it.

That Met game was an awesome 11 inning win by the Pirates, great ending!
Quote:Great Game -- Great Atmosphere

Go Bucs !!!

Raise the Jolly Rancher
!!

Wait a minute...
I'm the one who actually started the Cueto chant.

Quote:Wait a minute...
HA !! that's funny
Let's Go Bucs.  I only wish the new stadium had a sound system like 3 Rivers.  I remember being able to hear everything the PA announcer said over the TV growing up.  Smile

Last time I saw the Pirates play was the 1971 and the 1979 World Series, It was them against the Orioles. Took them 7 games in both series but they won it all.