Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 12-4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For all the optimist out there, we've played 3 playoff teams.

4-0 Seattle Seahawks

4-0 Kansas City Chiefs

3-1 Indianapolis Colts

1-3 Oakland Raiders

I know we are a bad team and I know that Oakland's only win came against us. We won't be good this year, but I believe playing tough competition will pay off in the end. Evans and Cyprien are getting reps, Gratz has shown flashes and will be available this Sunday, and Joeckel has played well for a rookie. I'm encouraged! The defense plays hard despite what the score ends up being. And hell, we expected to be bad. We can't expect to get the #1 pick and be "Ready for Teddy" yet still be surprised that we aren't winning! We are on the way up
The OL looked much better, but Gabbust was still Gabbust
Understood why they had to at least give Lame a try...just to be fair to him.

That's probably why Bradley will let him play at least three games (as many as the garbageman) to give him a fair comparison.

After 6 total games, I'll bet he's seen enough to either go back to henne or give some of the rooks a try

to see what kind of backup they'll make for our choice nest year.

both Lame and Garbageman will be gone after this 0-16 (1-15 at best) season is over.

You know?  I had the same thought this morning.  When you look at the teams that we have played so far, other than the Raiders the others are likely playoff candidates.  We are doing this with a lot of rookies and second-year-players on the roster and a new coaching staff.  I can't really say that "it's not as bad as it looks", but at the same time there should be a bit of perspective when looking at the team and the outcome(s) of our first four games.

That being said, I don't see us winning a whole bunch of games, but we won't be win-less either.  I have some faith and believe in our young team.  At this point, playing some good teams and getting beaten badly will probably make them better in the future.

One other thing to look at that is interesting.  Other teams that are currently 0-4.  Who would have thought?

Steelers

Giants

Buccaneers

The Steelers and the Giants are typically higher up in the standings at this point.  While they have played strong teams, the outcomes of those games in my mind is actually worse than what we have done so far this season.

Everyone wants to blame somebody/something such as the quarterback or the coach for losing.  Most "fans" expect to win every week.  That doesn't happen in this league.  We'll get a couple of wins and the players are gaining valuable experience.  The wins will come, it's all about patience and working from week-to-week.  17 week season is long.

We haven't been competitive at all in any of the losses to the good teams.  I'm not talking about winning, I'm talking about being in the game.  They've just needed to show up and they can walk all over the Jags 

Quote:You know?  I had the same thought this morning.  When you look at the teams that we have played so far, other than the Raiders the others are likely playoff candidates.  We are doing this with a lot of rookies and second-year-players on the roster and a new coaching staff.  I can't really say that "it's not as bad as it looks", but at the same time there should be a bit of perspective when looking at the team and the outcome(s) of our first four games.

That being said, I don't see us winning a whole bunch of games, but we won't be win-less either.  I have some faith and believe in our young team.  At this point, playing some good teams and getting beaten badly will probably make them better in the future.

One other thing to look at that is interesting.  Other teams that are currently 0-4.  Who would have thought?

Steelers

Giants

Buccaneers

The Steelers and the Giants are typically higher up in the standings at this point.  While they have played strong teams, the outcomes of those games in my mind is actually worse than what we have done so far this season.

Everyone wants to blame somebody/something such as the quarterback or the coach for losing.  Most "fans" expect to win every week.  That doesn't happen in this league.  We'll get a couple of wins and the players are gaining valuable experience.  The wins will come, it's all about patience and working from week-to-week.  17 week season is long.
Are you serious?  The Steelers, Giants and Bucs are not getting blown out in most of their losses.  There's a big difference between playing playoff contenders and being competitive, and playing playoff contenders and got completely blown out of the water.  It would take an absolute miracle for this team to stay competitive heading into the 4th quarter, let alone, win a game or two this season.
I don't care if they play the 72 Dolphins every week; 8 consecutive 3-and-outs, an inability to cross midfield, and teetering on setting a new franchise record for least total yards every single week is unacceptable for a professional football team.
This team won't win a game this season.

Quote:This team won't win a game this season.

We could play a team on their off day and get a fluke win like against the Colts last year. But I agree its more probable we go 0-16.
I have my money on 1-15 with some lucky win thrown in against Cleveland or Buffalo.

Quote:For all the optimist out there, we've played 3 playoff teams.

4-0 Seattle Seahawks

4-0 Kansas City Chiefs

3-1 Indianapolis Colts

1-3 Oakland Raiders

I know we are a bad team and I know that Oakland's only win came against us. We won't be good this year, but I believe playing tough competition will pay off in the end. Evans and Cyprien are getting reps, Gratz has shown flashes and will be available this Sunday, and Joeckel has played well for a rookie. I'm encouraged! The defense plays hard despite what the score ends up being. And hell, we expected to be bad. We can't expect to get the #1 pick and be "Ready for Teddy" yet still be surprised that we aren't winning! We are on the way up

You hit the nail on the head with this whole post. I'm ready for Teddy but I think it'll start clicking for these guys by the end of the season. The defense has played much better than the numbers show. It gets tough trying to stop teams starting near the 50 every possession. 
Quote:I have my money on 1-15 with some lucky win thrown in against Cleveland or Buffalo.
I don't even see any wins there. I've been watching Cleveland and Buffalo and they look good enough to whoop us.

Heck, Cleveland just beat Cinci and Buffalo beat Baltimore. No way we do we win against them.
hey man those are weeeeeeks away, we cant possibly get worse? right? RIGHT?  i wanna see stanzi get a shot.