Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Shame On The Jags
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Enough is enough. I've tried to be Mr. Positive, stay upbeat and see the silver lining. After yesterdays loss, I can't take it anymore. We are not competitive, outside of a few special teams players we are not talented, and are just awful. With the start we have had and our next two games on the road, we have now completely blown any chance of a first round bye and having home field advantage throughout the play offs.

Just four short years ago, Jack Del Rio was the coach and David Garrard was slinging touchdown pass after touchdown pass in every stadium he set foot in. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, it wasn't good enough. Since we made the decision to fire JDR and sit down David G, our franchise cut ties with what undoubtedly were the only two things holding this franchise together. If I had the capability of showing a graph, I would now display how since we cut ties with Del Rio, his career has taken off and our team has gone south. The line would point up for Del Rio, and down for the Jaguars.

I can't help but think that Coach Bradley must have went to a Joe Mcmennamin coaching clinic while he was out on the west coast, for reasons such as this:

I've lost all confidence in this coaching staff and it should be noted that I'm a big believer in sports analytics... Down 34-3, we had a chance to get back in the game yesterday when we had the ball 4th down on the four yard line. Statistically, Gabbert had 0.000% chance to throw a touchdown pass. This is because he is a really bad football player. However, had Coach Bradley gone to his go to kicker/player, who had  a 100.00% chance to make the field (because he is really good) goal, we get momentum and turn a 31 point spread into a 28 point spread, which is a much more manageable number. It's a five possession game at decision time anyway - kick the field goal and then let Scobee perform his onside kick magic. I don't know if the pressure of the situation got to Coach Bradley or what - but this is the NFL, not a training ground for coaches.  Time and score is a key component a coach must master to be the best he can be, and Coach Bradley is apparently still behind the game in this area.

Furthermore, outside of Scobee, the only other halfway decent player we have is Bryan Anger, who we are just killing.  Bradley is over using this poor kid game in and game out. I don't recall Joe Girardi pitching Mariano Rivera 7 innings a game for 59 games in a row - we shouldn't continue to abuse our punter like this. Get a clue Bradley - go for it on 4th down to save your punters leg - or  better yet, get the first down on one of the first three allotted downs so we keep our punter off of the field. I'm just stunned by Bradley's philosophy to hurry up and get to 4th down. At this pace, Anger is going to have to have leg replacement surgery by Halloween. Being the head coach that ruined the best punter since Ray Guy is not the way I'd want to start my coaching legacy.

I realize I can moan and complain and want Del Rio back, but I do understand it's not going to happen.  I have no idea how he is going to manage being the Bronco's D-Coordinator and USC's head Coach all at the same time, but a man of his many talents and managing capabilities will obviously find a way to make it happen.

I think at this point there is no way we are going to go into St. Louis and win in that hostile environment this week.  The following week, Del Rio will once again play Chess while our staff is playing checkers and we will lose there as well. We just need to get to the bye week and then find a way to come back and win 9 of our last 10.  9-7 a lot of years is good enough to make the playoffs and hopefully this will be one of those years.

Quote:Down 34-3, we had a chance to get back in the game yesterday when we had the ball 4th down on the four yard line.

I understand you are venting, but I lost my focus after this...
Lawl I didn't read everything, so if this is trolling, I apologize lol. But did you really think we were going to make the playoffs, much less get to the playoffs with a first rd bye? lmao!!!! You must be joking? The people who thought this season was going to be any different than the last two are seriously delusional. We suck and will continue to suck until year 3 if this plan plays out. Go 0-16, draft TB, have lots of spending cap space. Get better by year 2 and much better by year 3. Please people........... 

tl;dr

Quote:Lawl I didn't read everything, so if this is trolling, I apologize lol. But did you really think we were going to make the playoffs, much less get to the playoffs with a first rd bye? lmao!!!! You must be joking? The people who thought this season was going to be any different than the last two are seriously delusional. We suck and will continue to suck until year 3 if this plan plays out. Go 0-16, draft TB, have lots of spending cap space. Get better by year 2 and much better by year 3. Please people........... 
No I didn't "think" we were going to make the play offs, I fully EXPECTED to make the playoffs and still think we can with a few breaks here or there. We need to believe in our team and hope our quarterback learns how to throw and our coaching staff learns how to coach in the next few weeks.
See it's omaha that does the good satire, oklahomie is dead serious lulz 

We are not making the playoffs...

Quote:Down 34-3, we had a chance to get back in the game yesterday when we had the ball 4th down on the four yard line. 

That is the line of the day!

Yes. I did bust out laughing.  Laughing

That was good!
Quote:No I didn't "think" we were going to make the play offs, I fully EXPECTED to make the playoffs and still think we can with a few breaks here or there. We need to believe in our team and hope our quarterback learns how to throw and our coaching staff learns how to coach in the next few weeks.

You expected to make the playoffs with no real upgrades from a 2-14 team, with the booting of almost all of the experienced players, to bring in new, younger, inexperienced players, and lots of low-talent/hole-filling personnel??? Are you kidding? I think this is a troll post, seriously. There's no way in hell we make it to the playoffs. We fans will always believe in our team. I believe in our teams plan to get better. With the players we have, we ain't going to get better. It's just that plain and simple. Our QB can't learn to throw in a season (ask Tebow.......). And our coaching staff can't teach talent. You either have it or you don't. We don't. This year will be the year to be able to get that talent (i.e. draft and FA). Please stop this delusional thinking....... 
Ok, ignore my responses, this is definitely troll post lol. Good one Smile

Quote:Ok, ignore my responses, this is definitely troll post lol. Good one Smile
Absolutely not a troll post. I post weekly and watch every game and am entitled to my opinion. A big reason we went 2-14 last year because we had Ron Prince on staff, I figured that was worth 5 more wins, maturity from losing the heartbreakers we lost last year would lead to an additional 4 wins so right there, we are 11-5 and then throw in the new coaching (3 more wins) and all of a sudden we have something.
Quote:No I didn't "think" we were going to make the play offs, I fully EXPECTED to make the playoffs and still think we can with a few breaks here or there.

Goodness...

I support this team through thick and thin, but I'm also realistic.  If you truly believed, or still believe, that we have a shot at the playoffs this year, then I'm speechless. 

I do admire your optimism though.
http://goo.gl/VDMS8I

this might help 

When the chips are down, you put the ball on the foot of your best player.

Why we don't kick field goals immediately after crossing the opposing 35 yard line, regardless of down, every time, remains a mystery to me.

Quote:When the chips are down, you put the ball on the foot of your best player.

Why we don't kick field goals immediately after crossing the opposing 35 yard line, regardless of down, every time, remains a mystery to me.

Uh, you have to GET to the 35 yard line first.
Quote:When the chips are down, you put the ball on the foot of your best player.

I agree with this

Anger and Scobee are probably your best players

if you're not at the 35 you should be punting, maybe you get lucky 
"I realize I can moan and complain....."

As if we didn't already know that.

Quote:See it's omaha that does the good satire, oklahomie is dead serious lulz 

Yup this is the guy I was thinking of!

Best part of this one

"Jack Del Rio will play chess while we play checkers" Had me ROFLMAO!
Did you seriously say the coaching staff is going to burn out Anger's leg because he is punting too much?