Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Locker Injured.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
damn that sucks. can the fitz save the season?

only if he has some of that "fitzmagic" left lol 

as long as he doesnt pull a matt schaub he doesnt need his magic this game lol

Damn shame too. Was having the game of his life now he's out 4-8 weeks. If Fitzpatrick can manage with what he has I think he'll be alright. It won't be easy with the Chiefs, Seahawks and Niners coming up though

Sounds like Gabbert.

Quote:Damn shame too. Was having the game of his life now he's out 4-8 weeks.
I hate to see any player get injured. Locker was starting to play well. This was a make or break year for him. This is why I never fault an NFL player for holding out for more money. Careers are short. Contracts are not guaranteed. 

The Titans will struggle to to stay in the playoff race while he is out 4-8 weeks. 

Hips are difficult to heal. This looks closer to 8 weeks than it does 4. 

Quote:I hate to see any player get injured. Locker was starting to play well. This was a make or break year for him. This is why I never fault an NFL player for holding out for more money. Careers are short. Contracts are not guaranteed. 

The Titans will struggle to to stay in the playoff race while he is out 4-8 weeks. 

Hips are difficult to heal. This looks closer to 8 weeks than it does 4. 

The titans will be fine while he's out.

He's not the one that's been winning games for them. They've been winning games playing the old Fisher-ball style.

As long as Fitzpatrick doesn't implode they'll come away from his injury period with practically the same record they would have had with a healthy Locker.

Real shame. He was coming into his own too.

Hate to see a guy go down that was working hard and coming into his own. Hopefully he'll be back soon for the Titans.

I've never had a hip injury, but man, that looked painful.

Quote:damn that sucks. can the fitz save the season?

I don't understand.  Living in Jacksonville, an injury to our starting QB means the team gets better.  How does it work in the outside world?  Is it a bad thing when the QB gets hurt? :mellow:
Quote:I don't understand.  Living in Jacksonville, an injury to our starting QB means the team gets better.  How does it work in the outside world?  Is it a bad thing when the QB gets hurt? :mellow:
the vikings seem to be better without the injured ponder  :woot:
Quote:the vikings seem to be better without the injured ponder  :woot:
No kidding.  My hometown steelers are 0-4 as well.

think i'll go back to reggae sundays instead of football.
Quote:Damn shame too. Was having the game of his life now he's out 4-8 weeks. If Fitzpatrick can manage with what he has I think he'll be alright. It won't be easy with the Chiefs, Seahawks and Niners coming up though
He is not allowed to practice for six weeks.
Quote:I don't understand.  Living in Jacksonville, an injury to our starting QB means the team gets better.  How does it work in the outside world?  Is it a bad thing when the QB gets hurt?
If you don't think it is bad when the quarterback gets hurt, talk to Peyton Manning.
Quote:If you don't think it is bad when the quarterback gets hurt, talk to Peyton Manning.

He won't return any of my calls.
Update on locker. He has a sprained hip and knee. Could be back quicker than originally expected.

Quote:Update on locker. He has a sprained hip and knee. Could be back quicker than originally expected.

Once the coaches see how much better the team is with the backup they'll "take it slow to not risk anything" with him. I see IR in his future.
Quote:Once the coaches see how much better the team is with the backup they'll "take it slow to not risk anything" with him. I see IR in his future.

Locker was doing MUCH better than previous years and has looked pretty good, so I'd think Fitzpatrick would have to light the world on fire to take the job away from him. I could be wrong though.
Quote:Locker was doing MUCH better than previous years and has looked pretty good, so I'd think Fitzpatrick would have to light the world on fire to take the job away from him. I could be wrong though.

It's funny how 149 yards on 24 attempts starts looking good after a while.

He's still the same guy, they're just more talented around him and making it easier for him to succeed. They still lost to the texans because they don't have a good QB. Teams with good QBs beat the texans. That's how it works against them.

In a sadistic way, though, I kind of like that he's doing some fooling up there. I kind of hope the titans pull a Garrard with him and lock him up for 5 or 6 years with a lot of guaranteed money this offseason to guarantee they'll be mediocre for the foreseeable future.
Locker made a 4th quarter comeback in that game. It was the defense that let the Texans back in it, and win in overtime. He shines anytime the coaches get away from their grind out the game, pound the ball gameplan.

149 yards on 24 attempts and three touchdowns in a little over half of a game looks pretty good to me.

In his previous game against San Diego, he had 299 passing yards, 1 passing touchdown, 68 rushing yards, and 1 rushing touchdown.

He has scored seven touchdowns, has no turnovers, and has a QB rating of 99 on the season. Compare that to the other quarterbacks in this division.

Quote:It's funny how 149 yards on 24 attempts starts looking good after a while.

He's still the same guy, they're just more talented around him and making it easier for him to succeed. They still lost to the texans because they don't have a good QB. Teams with good QBs beat the texans. That's how it works against them.

In a sadistic way, though, I kind of like that he's doing some fooling up there. I kind of hope the titans pull a Garrard with him and lock him up for 5 or 6 years with a lot of guaranteed money this offseason to guarantee they'll be mediocre for the foreseeable future.
Pages: 1 2