Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Grill PFF time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Some people like to hate on Blake, some people like to hate on Gus...but seems like everyone around here likes to hate on PFF. Here is some ammo to do that.

PFF's top 25 corner ranking has Prince at 25.

25. Prince Amukamara, Jacksonville Jaguars, 81.2

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Gotham SSm A', 'Gotham SSm B', Gotham, sans-serif;">At this point in the list, we are coming across players that have been far from elite, but have made some good plays and have been solid overall. Prince Amukamara has surrendered a pair of touchdowns, and has been beaten for a 56-yard catch, but allowed only 53.7 percent of passes thrown his way to be caught overall, and has been flagged just twice—an area many corners hide bad plays statistically, trading receiving yardage for penalty yardage.

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Gotham SSm A', 'Gotham SSm B', Gotham, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Gotham SSm A', 'Gotham SSm B', Gotham, sans-serif;">https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-top...mpaign=nfl
Wow, Prince over ramsey. Who woulda thunk
Haha....trust your eyes not the stats
Quote:Wow, Prince over ramsey. Who woulda thunk
I was surprised too until I looked a bit deeper. Obviously Ramsey shadowing teams #1 is a daunting feat for anyone much less a rookie, but he has actually been pretty blah. He isn't giving up a ton of yards overall, but he is allowing almost 70% of his man's targets to be completed for a 102.9 passer rating against. He also has zero turnovers and only 1 pass defensed. Add on a few pass interferences and a couple boneheaded personal fouls and an ejection and it's not THAT crazy. 

Quote:I was surprised too until I looked a bit deeper. Obviously Ramsey shadowing teams #1 is a daunting feat for anyone much less a rookie, but he has actually been pretty blah. He isn't giving up a ton of yards overall, but he is allowing almost 70% of his man's targets to be completed for a 102.9 passer rating against. He also has zero turnovers and only 1 pass defensed. Add on a few pass interferences and a couple boneheaded personal fouls and an ejection and it's not THAT crazy. 
Yeah, we should trade him. Garbage player.

Prince was a great signing by Caldwell. People can hate on him for his draft picks, but he can't predict that Fowler would have a freak rookie season ending injury. As well as, Blake regressing in his 3rd year due to him partying too much. You can try to blame it on him and he deserves some flak, but he also deserves a lot of credit for the talent that has been brought here. Luke is a bust as far as a Tackle. 

Gus, and his lackadaisical, no responsibility taking attitude has caused this nightmare. 

Quote:I was surprised too until I looked a bit deeper. Obviously Ramsey shadowing teams #1 is a daunting feat for anyone much less a rookie, but he has actually been pretty blah. He isn't giving up a ton of yards overall, but he is allowing almost 70% of his man's targets to be completed for a 102.9 passer rating against. He also has zero turnovers and only 1 pass defensed. Add on a few pass interferences and a couple boneheaded personal fouls and an ejection and it's not THAT crazy. 

Not much pass rush to help the guy out, though. 

Quote:Yeah, we should trade him. Garbage player.

I didn't get an overly negative vibe from the poster you responded to. Just stating facts. 
Pff is trash. Allowing 70% of targets means nothing. How often does he get targeted? All I know since he's been playing for us no WR has gone crazy on us. He put TY Hilton in his back pocket.

If the receiver runs 100 routes... gets blanketed 90 times... qb throws his way 10 times... 7 receptions and 3 incompletions. That also is "70% completion percentage on the targets"... it's just a completely meaningless stat.

Now if they are targeting Ramsey a lot (which they aren't) then that stat may mean something.

Next thing to come is picks and turnovers, he had a nice forced fumble last week that was just unfortunately not called.
Quote:Pff is trash. Allowing 70% of targets means nothing. How often does he get targeted? All I know since he's been playing for us no WR has gone crazy on us. He put TY Hilton in his back pocket.

If the receiver runs 100 routes... gets blanketed 90 times... qb throws his way 10 times... 7 receptions and 3 incompletions. That also is "70% completion percentage on the targets"... it's just a completely meaningless stat.

Now if they are targeting Ramsey a lot (which they aren't) then that stat may mean something.

Next thing to come is picks and turnovers, he had a nice forced fumble last week that was just unfortunately not called.
Yup only catches Ramsey gives up is like 10 yards or shorter, he's not getting beat deep, its a high % cuz its lil short high % passes

only an moron would think Prince is out playing Ramsey 
Quote:Yup only catches Ramsey gives up is like 10 yards or shorter, he's not getting beat deep, its a high % cuz its lil short high % passes

only an moron would think Prince is out playing Ramsey

That's what happens when you box score stat scout instead of using your actual eyes.
Prince was also beaten for 2TDs. Has Ramsey allowed any?

He should actually have at least 3 passes defended.
PFF grades are garbage and have been for awhile now and im not just saying that because of this ramsey thing.
Isn't Prince the one who got murked by Crabtree all day long while Ramsey held down Cooper for the most part

I mean... I don't wanna hate on Prince. Helluva player and DB... But I'd take Ramsey every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

That being said. Prince showing up in the top 25 is pretty good. Listening around the league people know our defense is legit VS run and pass.

I'm not surprised to see some players get a little love.

But if PFF is "trash" why do so many people reference it. (Even pro sports talking heads)

Quote:Isn't Prince the one who got murked by Crabtree all day long while Ramsey held down Cooper for the most part

I mean... I don't wanna hate on Prince. Helluva player and DB... But I'd take Ramsey every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

That being said. Prince showing up in the top 25 is pretty good. Listening around the league people know our defense is legit VS run and pass.

I'm not surprised to see some players get a little love.

But if PFF is "trash" why do so many people reference it. (Even pro sports talking heads)

Because it gives them another talking point.

It's absolute garbage. Remember, pff graded bortles equally good to philip rivers this year when we played them.
Quote:Prince was also beaten for 2TDs. Has Ramsey allowed any?

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2016111302...ab=analyze

Didnt really get "beat" per se I guess.

The texans ran a similar play to score again later in the game. Moving their TE across the line.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2016111302...tab=videos

Cant tell if this was Cyprien or DBs fault though.

He prevents a receiver from catching the ball in 9 out of 10 games, but he allows 1 to get 7 of their 10 catches, then its a 70% completion rate?

Seems kind of dumb
Jalen passes the eye test right now. Prince does as well. Gipson isn't all that bad. And Cyprien has been ranked in the top ten at safety as well by PFF. The fact that this secondary has played at a respectable level DESPITE, yet again in Bradley's fourth straight year, of no consistent pass rush off the edge. This defense can be well above average next year with just a better scheme, coach and maybe another interior space eater and disrupter and a consistent threat off the edge. 

Cyp has been playing better than usual the last few weeks but is still bad.
Pages: 1 2