Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What Will The Oline Look Like Next Year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know we would all like to say that everyone is gone and we're starting over.  But, in reality, are Meester and Uche out the door?  Is Monroe walking?  What are your thoughts.

I just watched Manning have time to film a Papa John's commercial back their on the Bronco's first play.  The oline is a huge obstacle for an already bad quarterback to overcome.  

Im hoping they bring back Monroe.  Joeckel obviously is staying.  I'd like to see the three interior players replaced.  I dont think their replacements are currently on the roster or else they'd be playing.  I dont think we need to go with 2 or 3 rookies.  Its easy to find serviceable players inside... which makes it so odd that ours are so bad.

Monroe, LG, C, RG, Luke.

Quote:Monroe, LG, C, RG, Luke.
If they even keep Monroe around.  He really hasn't been that great this year.  He's allowed a sack and a number of pressures.   Of course - tripping over Rackley, who is constantly floundering on the ground at his feet -  may have contributed...
Monroe LG C Rackley Luke

Monroe should be retained while the interior line especially Meester has to be shuffled around. We won't be able to acquire all interior positions w/o sacrificing other needs...

NH3...
This will franchise Monroe if they have too.  We have too many holes to not bring him back for atleast another year under the tag.  We have the money.  Rackly, Meester and Uche need to go. 

Meester, Rackley, and Uche need replaced. Rackley and Meester I don't want on the roster and I'm a BIG Meester supporter. It's time for him to move on, he's being manhandled. Uche I would slightly consider as depth temporarily but eventually he'd be replaced there too.
Quote:If they even keep Monroe around.  He really hasn't been that great this year.  He's allowed a sack and a number of pressures.   Of course - tripping over Rackley, who is constantly floundering on the ground at his feet -  may have contributed...

We can't go into the off season needing 4 Olineman and a QB, that's a suicide mission.
Quote:We can't go into the off season needing 4 Olineman and a QB, that's a suicide mission.
Yeah, I think they should keep Monroe too, but a few of the writers covering the team have said they'll let him walk if he doesn't  play really well.  Don't know if they have any inside info or are just speculating. 

(Kuharsky - who doesn't cover the Jags anymore said it -   and O'Halloran said it in a live chat at kacksonville.com)
Lt tbd (franchise Monroe and get first rd or 2nd round)

Lg tbd ( to be drafted/ addressed in fa)

C tbd

Rg tbd

Rt/lt jockel
Anyone know if there are any decent Gs or Cs in free agency next year? 

Better.

I never thought this would be a legitimate inquiry, but who was the worse lineman, Guy Whimper or Will Rackley?

Quote:If they even keep Monroe around.  He really hasn't been that great this year.  He's allowed a sack and a number of pressures.   Of course - tripping over Rackley, who is constantly floundering on the ground at his feet -  may have contributed...
LMAO that signature. 
Even Tony Pashos is an upgrade from Meester Nwaneri and Rackley. We're lucky to get more than 3 pockets per game to throw from. Even then, Gabbert will find a way to make the blocking look bad when it isn't.

They likely will resign Monroe.  With his mediocre play he is displaying, he should be affordable.  Joeckel remains and gets a pass this year as he is a rookie and learning.  Rackley, Nwaneri, and Meester need to be replaced, using a combination of draft and free agency. 

Johnathan Goodwin (49ers C) will be a free agent this upcoming summer. I hope we pursue him.

Quote:Monroe, LG, C, RG, Luke.
Monroe

Cyril Richardson* (1st round, Baylor)

Travis Swanson
<span style="font-family:'Open Sans', Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"> </span>(2nd round, Arkansas)

Zack Martin (3rd round, ND)

Luke

* trade up from 2014 1st round pick
Last year it was like Swiss Cheese....

This year it's like Limburger....

Next year.... just a pile of flies and maggots

What good is franchising Monroe going to do? You get to keep him for one more year and then have to sign him to a monster deal after that? The writing was on the wall for EM the second they drafted LJ with the #2 pick.

They will still probably franchise him, but also find a good RT in the process and move LJ to LT in 2015.

Pages: 1 2