Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Six-Year-Old Becomes First Transgender Child In Argentina To Change Identity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Six-year-old becomes first transgender child in Argentina to change identity

A six-year-old girl, who was born a boy, has become the first transgender child in Argentina to have her new name officially changed on her identity documents.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew...ntity.html

There's a whole lot of gender bending going on lately.

Should we change the name from "sideline" to "transgender"
I'm just trying to show that eric (or whatever his name is) that gender idenity is something you're born with

Should have been posted in that thread then?

Quote:I'm just trying to show that eric (or whatever his name is) that gender idenity is something you're born with

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I don't see any evidence in the article you posted that supports that claim.

The whole debate is entirely subjective. I still think parents should allow their children to become adults before making such decisions. 
Quote:I'm not saying you're wrong, but I don't see any evidence in the article you posted that supports that claim.

The whole debate is entirely subjective. I still think parents should allow their children to become adults before making such decisions. 

Of course the parents should have...!!

It is actually disgusting that this was allowed to happen. 

Society today...smh....
Quote:I'm just trying to show that eric (or whatever his name is) that gender idenity is something you're born with

WHAT YOU think THIS is an example of a 6 year old knowing what's going on?

This is a case of disgusting parents. WOW you think this is proof that poor child was born the wrong sex? I have a 3 year old daughter she has 3 brothers so naturally she wants to be a boy, guess I should change her name and start saving for the sex change huh?

Disgusting, I can't even go into how mad this makes me.
Quote:WHAT YOU think THIS is an example of a 6 year old knowing what's going on?

This is a case of disgusting parents. 

My sentiment exactly!!! 

Yet, it is rationalized and encouraged by a certain sect of todays society. (and of course the media)

I  agree with you, Eric. 

Quote:My sentiment exactly!!! 

Yet, it is rationalized and encouraged by a certain sect of todays society. (and of course the media)

I  agree with you, Eric. 

Seriously makes my blood boil, kid has no chance with parents like that.
It's much better to let the child endure years of confusion and self-doubt, then get counseled out of suicide before she is able to accept what seemed natural to her at a very young age.

Quote:It's much better to let the child endure years of confusion and self-doubt, then get counseled out of suicide before she is able to accept what seemed natural to her at a very young age.
As long as someone's suffering fits within a traditional societal view, then it is perfectly okay. Isn't that what America is all about? Narrow mindedness and conformity?
there needs to be a transgender section in this forum :woot:

That's insane.

Quote:It's much better to let the child endure years of confusion and self-doubt, then get counseled out of suicide before she is able to accept what seemed natural to her at a very young age.

As long as it "feels" natural guess it's ok  Rolleyes

Tell me, do you really think a child won't endure years of confusion and self-doubt once he/she is told that he/she was born male/female? Do you think the scale of confusion will be more or less as a child when this child is told that he/she was not born male/female?

The mental toll of undergoing a gender change will always be there, and that's not even including the toll taken on a transgender teenager in today's incredibly intolerant world. The difference between undergoing it as a child and undergoing it as at an older age is that you're significantly more ready to make a decision like that and understand what you're doing. You're most likely positive that this is what you want to do, and you understand that there's no going back from that

As a child, you can easily have a change of heart. But if the process is already done before age six, then what? Then you've got a child that grew up being something they didn't want to be simply because they set off a few flags when they were very young, and still developing both mentally and physically. Now, you've got a transgendered person that has to endure the rest of their life being something they don't want to be, and I guarantee you a case like this will come to fruition in the future.

I'm not against the transgender process. Actually, I encourage anyone at least over the age of 16 to undergo whatever type of surgery they feel they need. But doing that to a child based on this pseudo-psychological science is something I don't agree with.
Quote:Tell me, do you really think a child won't endure years of confusion and self-doubt once he/she is told that he/she was born male/female? Do you think the scale of confusion will be more or less as a child when this child is told that he/she was not born male/female?

The mental toll of undergoing a gender change will always be there, and that's not even including the toll taken on a transgender teenager in today's incredibly intolerant world. The difference between undergoing it as a child and undergoing it as at an older age is that you're significantly more ready to make a decision like that and understand what you're doing. You're most likely positive that this is what you want to do, and you understand that there's no going back from that

As a child, you can easily have a change of heart. But if the process is already done before age six, then what? Then you've got a child that grew up being something they didn't want to be simply because they set off a few flags when they were very young, and still developing both mentally and physically. Now, you've got a transgendered person that has to endure the rest of their life being something they don't want to be, and I guarantee you a case like this will come to fruition in the future.

I'm not against the transgender process. Actually, I encourage anyone at least over the age of 16 to undergo whatever type of surgery they feel they need. But doing that to a child based on this pseudo-psychological science is something I don't agree with.

From what I read in that article, the girl hasn't undergone actual sex-reassignment surgery. She just identifies herself as a female with a different name than what she was given at birth on her identification papers.

I think all these posts regarding transgender issues should be required to have The Kinks "Lola" be playing in the background.
Quote:From what I read in that article, the girl hasn't undergone actual sex-reassignment surgery. She just identifies herself as a female with a different name than what she was given at birth on her identification papers.
Well, I thought they were going to actually do surgery on the poor child.

Titles and paperwork are generally meaningless to me but physically performing corrective surgery on the child would bother me to no end.
Quote:Of course the parents should have...!!

It is actually disgusting that this was allowed to happen. 

Society today...smh....

You seem to really dislike today's society. Out of curiosity - what society would you like to live in?

If gender identity is something that someone is born with (which from what I understand, there is evidence that says it is), I don't see anything wrong with people that aren't 18+ undergoing the procedure. In fact, I believe it makes the process easier and more "complete," particularly in male to female transitions because of the less developed "Adam's apple." There should, of course, be appropriate psychological testing done beforehand and not simply doing the procedure at the parent's whim.

If there hasn't been a surgery actually performed in this instance, I don't see any controversy here at all. Let's just hope it doesn't turn into a situation where she dresses, acts, and is identified as a girl yet is required to use the boy's bathroom at school, for example, because that would just lead to unnecessary bullying/teasing especially at such a young age.