Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags Offer Free Beer To Sell Tickets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: facepalm.gif]  I hope we can sell some more tickets

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000...-free-beer

Sold, where do I get my beer?

Quote:Sold, where do I get my beer?
its over now, it was only for 2 hours
Now we'll never hear the end of "Jaguars have to give away free beer to get fans to come to their games."

If they keep having games like the first three, they need to have hoses dropped down like in an airplane but connected to kegs. That way we will think they look better.
I wonder how many tickets they actually sold during this window.  I would love to know. . .

The team has had this promo with Bud Light before. But I guess since the team is winless, it makes for a cute headline.

So they can't reward season ticket holders with any promotions? People that have had tickets since day 1?

You know, the people that "Stand United"?

I'm seriously getting sick with all of the stuff they are giving people that are just now buying tickets but are not giving showing any respect at all to the people that have been here since day one. They had that thing they did like 5 years ago where you got to come down to the stadium and see the team scrimmage and get some free food if you were a day 1 season ticket holder, and that's been it for me.

Still to this day in the upper deck there are still no radios going. Anytime you walk to the other levels of the stadium you can hear whats going on in the game if you are using the restroom or getting some refreshments, but in the upper deck you gotta make a marathon dash to the restroom or vendors so you don't miss a play.

Well, I suppose that's my rant for this season. Hope I didn't offend any of you folks.

Quote:So they can't reward season ticket holders with any promotions?
1. JagsRewards program,

2. Tealdeals coupon book

3. Jagsbucks from Gate whenyou buy gas.

Just a few of the top of my head.
Quote:Still to this day in the upper deck there are still no radios going. Anytime you walk to the other levels of the stadium you can hear whats going on in the game if you are using the restroom or getting some refreshments, but in the upper deck you gotta make a marathon dash to the restroom or vendors so you don't miss a play.

What section in the upper deck? We are in 433 and can hear the radio broadcast in the concourse.
Quote:So they can't reward season ticket holders with any promotions? People that have had tickets since day 1?

I'm seriously getting sick with all of the stuff they are giving people that are just now buying tickets but are not giving showing any respect at all to the people that have been here since day one. They had that thing they did like 5 years ago where you got to come down to the stadium and see the team scrimmage and get some free food if you were a day 1 season ticket holder, and that's been it for me.

Still to this day in the upper deck there are still no radios going. Anytime you walk to the other levels of the stadium you can hear whats going on in the game if you are using the restroom or getting some refreshments, but in the upper deck you gotta make a marathon dash to the restroom or vendors so you don't miss a play.

Well, I suppose that's my rant for this season. Hope I didn't offend any of you folks.

Just like with cable...all the new customers get all the perks!
Quote:So they can't reward season ticket holders with any promotions? People that have had tickets since day 1?

I'm a season ticket holder and it doesnt bother me one bit.  My season tickets are cheaper than any single game ticket.  I get teal deals, I've gotten to special events with the team, etc etc....The cost of those two beers isnt far off from the difference in a ticket for single game/season.

I would rather the team offer special promotions and build a good atmosphere. 
...well, I don't really have an issue with this promotion.....but I don't like the fact that there are a lot of the $20 ticket folks sitting in my section.....they NEVER check tickets.....I often question why I buy season tix when all I have to do is pay $20 and sit where ever I can find an mty seat........no questions asked?

The winless Jags made the drudgereport.com. Free beer for a ticket purchase? How embarrrassing!
trollol

I actually think it was a good marketing strategy. 

They did the same promo in week one. But the team was 0-0 instead of 0-3, so it didn't make for a funny punchline then I guess.

EVERY team should offer free beer.

What the hell is drudge's problem? 

Everyone in the media seem to be "anti-Jags" right now....

I have a theory on this...

Pages: 1 2