Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Mathews Bridge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just read that the Mathews Bridge is shut down due to a ship hitting it today....  Gameday will be a mess with it shut down...

Quote:Just read that the Mathews Bridge is shut down due to a ship hitting it today....  Gameday will be a mess with it shut down...
Not with only 30 thousand attending. Just joking... I hope. Could be troublesome for sure. There is never traffic when we go or leave..
They'll need to paint it for 2 more years now. 

The damage looks bad to me. And could have been alot worse.

Best comment from the link: "probably hit by Capt. Morgan".

Quote:Story and pic of the damage here: http://www.news4jax.com/news/accident-cl...index.html
That's some serious damage. Sheared one of the members completely off.
Quote:That's some serious damage. Sheared one of the members completely off.
What was RuPaul doing on the bridge?
Quote:That's some serious damage. Sheared one of the members completely off.

Should this be merged with the transgender thread now? :whistling:
Quote:Not with only 30 thousand attending. Just joking... I hope. Could be troublesome for sure. There is never traffic when we go or leave..

Try to at least stick around to the 2nd quarter next time. ... Your going to get 2 free beers, anyway. Smile
So glad everyone is ok, I lived through the Skyway tragedy in my adolescence, I'd hate for something like that to happen here.

Quote:Best comment from the link: "probably hit by Capt. Morgan".

That, or, "The Ship has officially hit the Span"!!
The Matthews bridge used to be a lot cooler when you could see through the bottom of it... it's just a shadow of it's former self these days, kinda like MJD.

Quote:The Matthews bridge used to be a lot cooler when you could see through the bottom of it... it's just a shadow of it's former self these days, kinda like MJD.

He's a sad sack of sally now isn't he folks?
Game day traffic is going to be an absolute mess. 

Quote:Game day traffic is going to be an absolute mess. 

Yep. I usuallly arrive early but the drive home is going to suck
Quote:Try to at least stick around to the 2nd quarter next time. ... Your going to get 2 free beers, anyway. Smile
Thats not us at all, we leave the house at 9am to tailgate, then stay after the games until traffic has died, usually about an hour.
Quote:Someone caught the impact on video.  Tough to see clearly, but the commentary in the background tells you when the bridge was struck.
Thanks for the link. Had to share it with my coworkers that got screwed this morning by the bridge closing. Man gameday traffic is going to be so much worse. 
Pages: 1 2