Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Akeem Davis and Team Speed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I find myself intrigued by a player I hadn't noticed before. If you take a look at the roster there's bound to be a player or two that you just don't quite remember signing. It's just been that crazy since Coughlin arrived.

In Telvin's interview video, they were talking about Myrick and his 4.28. The O-man asked Telvin who the fastest guy on the team is, and of course Telvin instantly brought up... "Corey Grant...no doubt." That's the easy answer. But when thinking about who else, he mentioned "Akeem running around."

Now the only "Akeem" I'm noticing on the roster is CB Akeem Davis, and this makes sense as his "fastest 40" was a 4.27, and officially he runs a sub-4.4. Over the past three seasons he's been active for 21 games for 5 different teams. Even more intriguing is that this speedy Jaguars corner is more often listed on the net a strong safety. I'm like, "who is this guy?"

<strong>What other sub-4.4. players are on the roster right now?
</strong>

As a side discussion, does Akeem have a chance to become one of the five CBs to make the final roster?

The position looks rather stacked. Off the bat, you have Ramsey, Bouye and Colvin as the top three, but those last two spots oh my... as a draft pick you'd think the 4.28 Myrick makes it for his special teams attributes alone. Unless he makes it as a 6th CB, that really tightens things up. Josh Johnson is coming into his own as a player and the team really appears to like him, so that's five right there. If there is another spot to be made, in addition to Akeem you have two very impressive rookie UDFAs with Jeremy Cutrer and Ezra Robinson along with Tracy Howard who played in every game of his rookie season last year with the Browns. Then there's Doran Grant who is still trying to get his feet wet.

As far as other sub-4.4 players in the mix as the Jaguars fastest guys, rookie UDFA WR Kenneth Walker III reportedly ran a 4.3 flat.

I think this was the same guy who was on "undrafted" which was a feature on ESPN or NFL network. 

From Wikipedia...

The events of Davis's life before making an NFL roster, were filmed for an NFL Network series, "Undrafted". Davis was the only one out of 6 undrafted prospects to be signed to an NFL 53-man roster.

I feel like this thread was perhaps another excuse for you to bring up Corey Grant.
Member when the Raiders drafted only on speed? I member

[Image: member-berries-t-shirts-women-s-t-shirt.jpg]