Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Fulham Fan Here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As i know some of the jaguar fans have , i have taken an interest in the jacksonville jags ever since shad decided to buy my beloved fulham. As it stands from those jag fans i have on twitter that it isn't all champagne and caviar over the pond with regard to performances from the squad. I am interested to know what your view is on shad's work regarding your club ? i had a vision that maybe he has bought two of clubs with some of the worst performances to turn us into greats ! however, since are transfer window has shut , obviously not ! do you think that shad is doing all he can to turn your club into a success ? im really trying to get into NFL but my god it seems very confusing haha .

Also , on the fulham side of things , i love are manager but end of the day he is shocking. if you have been monitoring are performances you will know what i mean. are any jag fans planning on coming over for the 49ers vs Jags in october ? and if so are you contemplating going to a fulham game at the cottage? in all honesty the way we are performing at this moment in time, you'll more likely witness lots of swearing and chants of ' jol out ' ( the manager ) , but hey , it will be an expeirence ! 

thanks for your time , also - i have no idea of the time over in florida but fulham are playing tonight in the cup , streams avaliable if you would like to watch , will happily post some if you are interested 

SammyFFC

We may be the worst team in the history of the NFL.  Shad bought this team at a rock bottom price and is trying to fix the mess.  I'd give him a favorable rating thus far and believe that he does want to win and will take the necessary measures to do so.  Beyond winning, he's making renovations to the stadium to enhance the fans enjoyment on gameday.

oh wow thats a big statement to make , am i correct in saying there isn't relegation in the NFL ? see with us , if we do poor , very poor we could easily drop down a league , considering there is the Premiership , Championship , Division 1 , Division 2 . Could be very drastic, as many clubs have come to realise . Im glad to see shad does alot for the fans though as they are the first point of call , he has said that he is removing the michael jackson statue away from are ground and giving it back to the old chairman , thank god ! 

I'm a supporter of Shad Khan's efforts here, and have adopted FFC as my Premier League team. I haven't been able to follow them as close as I'd like, but it looks like they share a problem with the Jaguars...scoring.

I think you'll find that Khan will surround himself with good, young, energetic people and trust the instincts that lead him to hire them, and trust them enough to let them do their job

What do you think of the decision to remove Michael Jackson's statue? I like it.

Quote:oh wow thats a big statement to make , am i correct in saying there isn't relegation in the NFL ? see with us , if we do poor , very poor we could easily drop down a league , considering there is the Premiership , Championship , Division 1 , Division 2 . Could be very drastic, as many clubs have come to realise . Im glad to see shad does alot for the fans though as they are the first point of call , he has said that he is removing the michael jackson statue away from are ground and giving it back to the old chairman , thank god ! 

Thank goodness there is no relegation in American football. It would be embarrassing for the Jaguars to lose to the Crimson Tide.

Seriously, Shad bought a mess of a roster here. In the NFL, it takes a few years to undo 10 years of mistakes. I think he's going about it the right way, but it's painful to watch during the early stages. That being said, I wouldn't miss a minute of it.

Quote:I'm a supporter of Shad Khan's efforts here, and have adopted FFC as my Premier League team. I haven't been able to follow them as close as I'd like, but it looks like they share a problem with the Jaguars...scoring.

I think you'll find that Khan will surround himself with good, young, energetic people and trust the instincts that lead him to hire them, and trust them enough to let them do their job

What do you think of the decision to remove Michael Jackson's statue? I like it.
Glad to here it , i don't think us fulham fans really know what shad plans to do with us , we are all still abit wary , however im glad he is still going through with the expansion of one of the stands !! it just shocked us that we have consistently been the lowest spending club when it comes to transfers and we thought he may of opened his wallet a little bit , but it never happened ! and regarding the MJ statue , i could say on behalf of 99.9 percent of fans that we are over the moon with the removal of the statue, for a starters it has nothing to do with are club and it looks dreadfull haha
Why was there a Michael Jackson statue?
Is he replacing the Michael Jackson statue with the Joe Paterno statue ? :woot:

Quote:Is he replacing the Michael Jackson statue with the Joe Paterno statue ? :woot:

That should be a Sandusky statue....
basically are old chairman Al-Fayed had a mancrush on MJ , and MJ attended one game and then i think it was 2 years ago he put a statue up , and said to us fans if we don't like it we can go and support another club  :pirate:

Quote:basically are old chairman Al-Fayed had a mancrush on MJ , and MJ attended one game and then i think it was 2 years ago he put a statue up , and said to us fans if we don't like it we can go and support another club  :pirate:

Oh...didn't realize Al-Fayed was who owned you prior to Shad taking over....now I totally understand! :yes:
Quote:Oh...didn't realize Al-Fayed was who owned you prior to Shad taking over....now I totally understand! :yes:

What's not to love?

[Image: FULHAM-MICHAEL-JACKSON-STATUE.jpg]
haha he did wonders for us !! and an update , we are losing already , after 10 mins of play . keep the trend going !

I've been following Fulham a little bit since Khan made the acquisition.   Seems you all are having more success than the Jags.  We still don't really know the whole story on Khan as an owner, but he has certainly been pro-active in making what seem to be positive changes.  (front office staff changes - promotion of team in neighboring communities to grow fan base  - commitment to a youthful rebuild of roster that may take 2-3 years to show winning results - etc.)

I have a positive read on him until he gives me reason to believe otherwise.  

I found there's a group of followers here in NYC that meet at a sports pub for the matches.  Gonna try to meet them for the oct 21st match vs. Crystal Palace. 

Go Whites! 

I have been following Fulham since Shad bought the team. Like the Jags, they are in need of some improvements. They're sitting in the relegation zone in the current standings, but of course there are plenty of matches left to be played. I trust that Shad Khan will use the same meticulous approach to build a winning team over at Craven Cottage.

I really enjoy watching soccer both in the MLS and abroad, and it's nice to wake up every Saturday to Premier League coverage on NBC.

sammyffc - is there any reason why Dejagah doesn't get more playing time?

Instead of constructing a MJ statue here, Shad is planning a few pools that we can pee in during the game.  That way we don't miss any game action by having to run down the corrider to the restroom.

I'm a Man City fan, but since Khan bought Fulham I have definitely become a "mini fan", and definitely pay more attention to them.

I think Khan will have nothing less than the best going forward. It's a building process for both the Jags and Fulham. In due time, both will be contenders. I truly believe that.

Quote:I'm a Man City fan, but since Khan bought Fulham I have definitely become a "mini fan", and definitely pay more attention to them.

I think Khan will have nothing less than the best going forward. It's a building process for both the Jags and Fulham. In due time, both will be contenders. I truly believe that.
I agree with all that you say with the exception of being a MC fan. Rooting for Fulham and the Jacksonville Whatevers when they start NASL play.

Both clubs are in similar slumps at the present moment. Both clubs have blood loyal fans and will ride out the storm.
Quote:I agree with all that you say with the exception of being a MC fan. Rooting for Fulham and the Jacksonville Whatevers when they start NASL play.

Both clubs are in similar slumps at the present moment. Both clubs have blood loyal fans and will ride out the storm.
You are correct. The fan bases are there, and salivating for wins. When it happens, good times will abound, and we will find more "fans" as well.

MC with the big win this past weekend! Manchester is Blue!!
4-1 in the derby. It was an impressive victory.

Pages: 1 2