Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Food Challenges -
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Has anyone here tried any of the food challenges around town? 

I tried the 1 1/2 pound burger challenge at Col Mustard's Phabulous Phat Burgers out at the beach.  I was going for time and I ended up finishing it in 4 minutes and 59 seconds.  My goal was 5 minutes...crushed it.  To make it better, two girls I work with did it as well and one finished around 7 1/2 minutes and the other around 11. 

Its not something you should do every day, but we had a good time doing it.  If you want to say how this is what America has come to and blah blah blah, save it....you all do things that you shouldnt.  I dont need to hear you judge people based off what they do.

That paints quite a description about the girls you work with. You must be a construction worker or sumo wrestler huh?
Did a pizza challenge in Orlando and I Failed miserably. All of the grease ruined me.
I ate that burger, also. Didn't go for time, though.
I ate a large sausage sandwich and cheese fries for a free T-Shirt at the now-defunct "Mothers",
which later became Taco Lu, at Jax Beach. The fries were the hardest part of it.
Won a round in a fish Taco eating contest, eating 12 in 10 minutes.

I believe Home Plate Diner In Atlantic Beach has a 2&1/2 pound burger. I haven't tried that one yet.
Back around when I was 19, 20ish me and a group of friends would try to see who can eat 2 philly cheesetakes the quickest at Dave and Busters. One of my buddies had a brother who was manager at the time, and whoever wins would get a 1,000 coin game card to use.

Quote:That paints quite a description about the girls you work with. You must be a construction worker or sumo wrestler huh?

Actually no, they are both relatively thin.  I intentionally didnt eat all day.  They ate lunch, and the one girl said she went home and was still hungry.  I didnt eat anything else the rest of the day.
Quote:I ate that burger, also. Didn't go for time, though.

I ate a large sausage sandwich and cheese fries for a free T-Shirt at the now-defunct "Mothers",

which later became Taco Lu, at Jax Beach. The fries were the hardest part of it.

Won a round in a fish Taco eating contest, eating 12 in 10 minutes.

I believe Home Plate Diner In Atlantic Beach has a 2&1/2 pound burger. I haven't tried that one yet.

The 1 1/2 pound may be my limit as far as a challenge would go.  As I was coming up on the end of the burger, the finish couldnt come quick enough.
Food taste so good ... especially the good food.

Quote:Food taste so good ... especially the good food.

Bad food doesn't taste good though!!

I went to one of those Brazilian Steak houses this weekend...the ones where they walk around with all the different meats, they served this one piece of pork loin spiced with some sort of sage rub.... OMG!!! That was the nastiest stuff I have ever had in my mouth!! Sick

It was so bad, I was looking around for somewhere to spit it out without being obvious about it!! Darn cloth napkins!! :angry:
Quote:Food taste so good ... especially the good food.
"This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"
Quote:"This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

My wife made ribs a few nights back, I made a rib sandwich using 2 pieces of buttery texas toast. It was better than I thought it would be, then I showed her and said "Hey look, a homemade McRib" ... My humor was lost on her. :yes:
No

Quote:Bad food doesn't taste good though!!

I went to one of those Brazilian Steak houses this weekend...the ones where they walk around with all the different meats, they served this one piece of pork loin spiced with some sort of sage rub.... OMG!!! That was the nastiest stuff I have ever had in my mouth!! Sick
Must not comment...must not comment....
Quote:Must not comment...must not comment....

Yeah...probably a good idea!! :whistling:
Quote:No

Thanks for the insight.
Quote:My wife made ribs a few nights back, I made a rib sandwich using 2 pieces of buttery texas toast. It was better than I thought it would be, then I showed her and said "Hey look, a homemade McRib" ... My humor was lost on her. :yes:

I've never had a Mcrib...with that said, I'm betting yours probably tasted better and did not have quite as much filler.
Steamin in Mandarin has one that no one has beaten..I think it's the 3 POUNDS of fries.

http://eatsteamin.com/The-Fat-Boy-Challenge.html

[Image: Fat-Boy.jpg]

Quote:Steamin in Mandarin has one that no one has beaten..I think it's the 3 POUNDS of fries.

http://eatsteamin.com/The-Fat-Boy-Challenge.html

[Image: Fat-Boy.jpg]

LOL a guy at work found this.  There is no chance I would even try this, and if someone could actually finish it then they are a special person.
Yeah, the winners wall is so lonely looking.

Quote:My wife made ribs a few nights back, I made a rib sandwich using 2 pieces of buttery texas toast. It was better than I thought it would be, then I showed her and said "Hey look, a homemade McRib" ... My humor was lost on her. :yes:
But not on me. Good stuff there.
Pages: 1 2