Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I have an opinion that is NOT going to be popular. AT ALL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Apparently....we have the 12tg ranked defense.

And now that Hackett is calling better plays....

I believe we are very close to where we thought we were at the beginning of the season...

On the cusp of winning a LOT of games.

( Bortles is the key to this. He improves his play= we win games)

I also believe if we do " turn the corner" and start winning...

Bradley will be our coach next year.

And we will do next year what we should have done this year...

Be in contention for tge division title.

Comments? Objectively PLEASE?
Bradley is as good as done here.

View from inside Everbank if GB remains HC.

[Image: img_0968.jpg]

I don't think it could be more clear that the team, including Bortles, has packed it in for the year. This was especially true during the Titans game.

Gus Bradley should be released at the conclusion of the year. If Khan chooses to release Caldwell I could understand that (though I disagree).

I believe Blake can still turn his career around, but Dave or the new GM must acknowledge that a quality backup plan must be drafted early next year or signed in FA.

Bottom line, I feel this roster/ rebuild could be successful, but it needs better coaching to have any chance. I will trust Khan's judgement in regard to Dave. At the very least I don't feel a new GM would need to "burn it down".
How dare you have a contrary opinion to majority of the jungle?!?!?111

I'll bring the pitchforks whose got the torches?
I don't disagree with the OP that Bradley and Bortles could turn it around...but I don't think that's a gamble Khan is willing to take with the fanbase.

I think you mean you have an opinion that is crazy.

I'd bet the farm Gus is gone. I'm not at all in favor of keeping Dave, but at least he's got a sliver of a chance. Gus' goose is already cooked in Jaygwire territory.
If we win the rest of our games easily with no coaching mistakes, then maybe consider keeping GB. Although IMO he should've been fired after the titans game.
Quote:Apparently....we have the 12tg ranked defense.

I believe we are very close to where we thought we were at the beginning of the season...

How much $$ have you spent on Season Tickets over the past 4 years?
Quote:How much $$ have you spent on Season Tickets over the past 4 years?

Agreed, keeping Gus at this point would cause me to drop my tix.
Bortles will be a Jaguar next year.  He's under contract and there is no reason to cut him.  They MIGHT trade him, but I doubt they will be eager to do so.

There will probably be a new QB brought in as well. 

I hope he puts in a lot of work this offseason and lives up to his potential.  If he does he will start next year.

If not, he won't.  The new guy will start.

Bradley has had the boos rained upon him at the last two games at his introduction. Mr. Khan has heard it clearly. I cannot at this point imagine a scenario other than a win out and freak entry into the playoffs at 8-8 that will bring about his retention. Bortles will be back but must face some real competition from somewhere.

Mr Khan might be so angry that he cleans house top to bottom on the football side. We just don't know.

Ain't happening.

Quote:Apparently....we have the 12tg ranked defense.

No. Gotta move on.
I honestly don't think Out-of-Towners grasp the full extent of how depressing it is to go to the stadium on Sundays, listen to local sports talk radio, and just general Jags talk around the coffee machine is here in Jacksonville.

This was the year things were supposed to turn around and here we are again with 2 wins and essentially out of the playoffs in mid-October.

This is [BLEEP]-Up

Quote:I honestly don't think Out-of-Towners grasp the full extent of how depressing it is to go to the stadium on Sundays, listen to local sports talk radio, and just general Jags talk around the coffee machine is here in Jacksonville.

This was the year things were supposed to turn around and here we are again with 2 wins and essentially out of the playoffs in mid-October.

This is [BAD WORD REMOVED]-Up

When Gus was brought back after absolutely crashing and burning last year it was clear the only way the Jaguars could make the playoffs would be the rest of the division imploding even worse. But Gus is literally the worst head coach to ever step onto a modern NFL field, so the other teams getting worse than us was always a major longshot.

The sum it up, most of us pretty well knew 2016 was at best a lost cause when Khan announced before the Texans game that Gus would be back no matter what.
Bradley has the second worst record of a HC with 50+ games.  The worst if you don't count coaches who OWNED the team.  If he's not fired after this year, we should all chip in on a private investigator to find out what Gus Bradley has on Shad Khan, and then use it ourselves.

Starts thread.

Never posts again in thread.

My favorite posters.

10-46-2 (.189) thats the worst after 50 games. Ol Gussy is looking mighty fine at 14-44 (0.241). Both made thier record in 58 games. But Bert Bell gave himself the full 5 seasons(wierd lengths 12 to 13 games) to make sure he didnt have it. Yes you may know that Bart Bells Eagles were broke and he had to be the coach because they couldnt afford one, but this merely shows how good we have it!

Come on guys, at least the Jags arent broke and playing during a war. Yes Bell showed somewhat more improvement than Bradley, even posting a 5-6 record during a season before going really broke and having to sell out to Rooney, who decimated the team (along with the draft). But ignore these outliers, nobody has it better than us! The only fair thing to do is to give Gus that 5th season so he can strive for the number 1 slot! Bell would have kept going to if Rooney hadnt pressured him to resign. You really need more than just 4 measly seasons to know if a coach is REALLY good or bad, you just cant be sure before then. Trust the process.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5