Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: State Road 9B
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Opened yesterday and it is glorious.

Toll or not to toll?

Am I thinking of the right one?

Have not been on it yet, but very much needed. Will improve travel around town, that is for sure. I am still waiting for the connector they've batted around that will help Clay (Oakleaf/Middleburg area) get to and from Duval in a more efficient manner.

Quote:Toll or not to toll?

Am I thinking of the right one?

No toll. I think eventually the western beltway (Cecil Parkway) will be toll.

Eventually 9B will connect to 95 and then to Racetrack Road. Definitely needed.
Ooh!  A new road to take the bike on!  Sweet!

It'll be nice when they get it connected with 95.  Bypassing the 95/295 interchange will be a good thing.

The construction area on US1 is awesome... great work there DOT.

Quote:Have not been on it yet, but very much needed. Will improve travel around town, that is for sure. I am still waiting for the connector they've batted around that will help Clay (Oakleaf/Middleburg area) get to and from Duval in a more efficient manner.
It cant come soon enough.
It's great to see Jacksonville is growing with the proper infrastructure.

.... my only request (and I think it will get done soon) is Rt 210 between Nease HS (Rt 1) and I95.  

I can tell you the traffic this morning was worse than normal on 9A.  Now instead of there being one merging spot, there are 2.  I dont know if its going to help or not in the long run.

A guy I work with said on Friday it took over 30 minues to get off 9B to get on Phillips. 

I think in the long run it will help, but for now the traffic is pretty much the same as previous.

Quote:I can tell you the traffic this morning was worse than normal on 9A.  Now instead of there being one merging spot, there are 2.  I dont know if its going to help or not in the long run.

A guy I work with said on Friday it took over 30 minues to get off 9B to get on Phillips. 

I think in the long run it will help, but for now the traffic is pretty much the same as previous.

Must depend on time of day I guess. I got off there around 745 this morning and there was hardly anyone there,
Quote:Must depend on time of day I guess. I got off there around 745 this morning and there was hardly anyone there,

Do you take it on your way home to Phillips?  Two people here had the same feedback.  I was going to take it to the end, take a right on Phillips and then a left on Old St Aug....but they said it was bad going right or left.