Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jamell Fleming?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I guess we just signed this guy. They said he had two picks in practice yesterday. At least we got that going for us. Played 15 games with Arizona last year.

Yes
Quote:I guess we just signed this guy. They said he had two picks in practice yesterday. At least we got that going for us. Played 15 games with Arizona last year.

It's going to be interesting to watch how they continually retool the team moving forward.

I believe he's played nickel, but has started at corner, too.  Hopefully he can contribute.
Hope they can get him up to speed in three short days...
Have we signed any offensive linemen?
Quote:Have we signed any offensive linemen?
Not many good linemen available
This a good, low risk move. Alot of Cardinals fans were surprised he was cut. He showed some promise as a rookie last year, so this seems like maybe he just didn't fit into the new staff's plans in Arizona.

This type move will be common throughout. Bringing in guys, letting them play and seeing if they're an upgrade or not. This season, whether we want to believe it or not is a long experiment imo, and I am ok with that.

Doubt we see him this week, but with Ball not 100% healthy and Gratz out,  he should push W. Blackmon and McCray for their back-up spot next week if the starters aren't back. 

Seems like a good pick-up. Hopefully, he can contribute.

Quote:I guess we just signed this guy. They said he had two picks in practice yesterday. At least we got that going for us. Played 15 games with Arizona last year.

I THINK IT'S KIND OF SAD THAT WE CAN PICK UP A GUY OFF THE STREETS AND HE HAS 2 PICKS.
Quote:I THINK IT'S KIND OF SAD THAT WE CAN PICK UP A GUY OFF THE STREETS AND HE HAS 2 PICKS.

He wasn't picked up "off the streets".
Quote:I THINK IT'S KIND OF SAD THAT WE CAN PICK UP A GUY OFF THE STREETS AND HE HAS 2 PICKS.
Well it is Henneroid throwing in practice to be fair.
I don't get why people get angry over the fact that our team is bad and its because we only have people on our roster that were picked up off the street.  I used to think the same thing until I took a step back and actually realized what is going on.  The simple fact is we have no other option.  DC is simply filtering out through as many players as possible and seeing if he can find a guy or two that are worthy of the roster spot.  Its like panning for gold, more dirt you go through higher your chances are of finding that golden nugget.  Granted we have not really found any yet (well maybe besides Hayes and Marks) but its still early in the season and if we can find couple of those guys by the end of 2013 I will consider that a win no matter how bad we finish the season.  

Rome was not built in a day. 

Quote:He wasn't picked up "off the streets".

He was unemployed.
Quote:He was unemployed.

He did not clear waivers, so he was never unemployed
Quote:He did not clear waivers, so he was never unemployed

Technically, you are absolutely correct.  I just checked the waivers process and the players remains property of the team while awaiting the possibility of another team picking up his contract.

Still does not make me feel any better about a person that was "almost" unemployed coming in and picking our QB 2x.
Sad? Hey, if we claim a guy on waivers and he gets two picks in the next game (these picks were in practice, by the way), I'd say that's a pretty solid base hit.
In all fairness, the Arizona Cardinals do have some pretty talented CB's.

Brother-in-law that lives in Phoenix and Cards fan indicated that Fleming has good skills, but fell down the depth chart for being "lazy".  Many were surprised there by his release, as it seemed more of a message sent to the team. He had better performance than Justin Bethel, the 5th CB, but Bethel was viewed as a harder worker. If Gus can light a fire under Fleming, he can be a decent CB (he was a NB for the Cards). 

Pages: 1 2