Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Far fetched or possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We end up with the 2st overall and Cleveland is 2nd.

Cleveland is desperate for Teddy so they fear we would take him and trade up to us giving us the 2nd and the colts pick say 26th.

Then at 2 dangle that pick in a clowney sweepstakes say the Rams pony up thier pick say 22nd and the skins pick say 7th.

Would you do that if it unfolded that way? Is it far fetched and a pipe dream?

If teddy is the real deal and were picking that low. You do not pass over him

This team looks light years ahead with a better QB.
Quote:We end up with the 2st overall and Cleveland is 2nd.

Cleveland is desperate for Teddy so they fear we would take him and trade up to us giving us the 2nd and the colts pick say 26th.

Then at 2 dangle that pick in a clowney sweepstakes say the Rams pony up thier pick say 22nd and the skins pick say 7th.

We will not get the 2st pick. Guaranteed.
Yes, I'd take the 7th, 22nd and 27th first round picks. We'd get our QB, DE and LB within the first round. Go OL in the 2nd.

Not Plausible though...

NH3...
Quote:We will not get the 2st pick. Guaranteed.

LOL... Stop it...

NH3...
It would probably still take more than just the Colts pick to move up from 2nd to 1st in that scenario.

<sup>2st picks are far more valuable than even a 1st pick.  They don't happen very often if ever at all.</sup>

No. Take the qb.
If you deem Bridgewater or some other QB significantly better graded than the other QBs in the draft, and that grade is anywhere near a potential elite franchise level, then you don't pass with the 1st pick on such player as a team in need of a QB and a chance to begin floating this sinking battleship.   

Quote:<sup>2st picks are far more valuable than even a 1st pick.  They don't happen very often if ever at all.</sup>

We can't just give something that rare away for nothing. Would at least need the 1nd and 3st
Quote:We end up with the 2st overall and Cleveland is 2nd.

I'd want all of their picks this year and next year to even consider the deal. I'd even stipulate if they get any picks during the next two seasons from trades that I'd get those, too.

If this bridgewater guy really is as great as people here think (Andrew Luck/Peyton Manning level) then I still might not do the deal in spite of how good it would be.
pick a punter at 2st overall, we need to secure the future at that position and banger would be the perfect guy to learn from while sitting on the sidelines, aka favre and rodgers.

Quote:<sup>2st picks are far more valuable than even a 1st pick.  They don't happen very often if ever at all.</sup>
I got a $2 bill the other day.

But I think 2st picks are more like $3 dollar bills.
It depends on if Caldwell and co has Teddy as their 1th rated QB or not.
Quote:pick a punter at 2st overall, we need to secure the future at that position and banger would be the perfect guy to learn from while sitting on the sidelines, aka favre and rodgers.
Gene... is that you...
The 3st pick is called Thirst. 
Quote:The 3st pick is called Thirst. 

I was just about to comment on how much fun it is to say these picks' named. "Firnd", "secost," and "thirst".
It'll depend on whether the Jags have Teddy as the highest QB on their board.  He may not be by the end of the season.

Quote:It'll depend on whether the Jags have Teddy as the highest QB on their board. He may not be by the end of the season.
manziel manziel manzieeeeeelllll