Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trade Monroe to Denver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
The Broncos will be desperate to find a replacement for Ryan Clady. This could be their year to return to the Super Bowl and must find an adequate left tackle to protect Manning's blind side. I had hopes that Monroe and Joeckel could be excellent bookends for the next 5 years, but Monroe has underachieved again in the first 2 games. He's still a talent who would be motivated by going to a winning team. Why not offer the Broncos Monroe for their number 1 pick in 2014 (a very late pick) and either another pick in the 3rd round or a young  player who could start right away for the Jags and be part of their re-building for the future ? Since the Broncos Super Bowl window will only last for another couple of years, they must take an offer like this seriously.

The secondary benefit of this trade is that it looks like the Browns are serious about getting the number 1 pick for next year. Their trade of Richardson makes them even money to have a worse record than the Jags. By inserting Bradfield for Monroe, this would give us the edge over Cleveland. I pull for the Jaguars to win every week, but I'd rather they end up 2-14 with the first pick than be 4-12 with the 4th or 5th pick for the obvious reasons. Bridgewater or Clowney would look great in a Jaguar uniform.

Actually not a bad idea. 

All in - let's get into the history books as worst team in NFL history...

If they gave us a 1st rounder it's essentially a 2nd rounder since they will more than likely be in the superbowl.. 

How about "no" :no: .

Run down to the stadium and tell the GM... hurry now...
Quote:If they gave us a 1st rounder it's essentially a 2nd rounder since they will more than likely be in the superbowl.. 

They have the wrong Manning if they want to be in the Super Bowl.
I'd actually consider it. Partly because Joeckel doesn't look as comfortable on the right side as opposed to how he looked at LT.

However, Monroe is IMO worth more than Richardson. So the Broncos would have to give us more than just their 1st which will be very late in the round.

How about Monroe + Marcedes in exchange for their 1st rounder and TE Julius Thomas? 

If he were slightly older, I would agree.  He's still young enough that you could build into the future long enough WITH him.

Now, MJD should have been traded 2-3 years ago.

If someone were to lose a kicker to a season ending injury, I would take a draft pick(if someone offered) for Scobee as well.  You can find a kicker off the streets.

He's a decent building block.  I wouldn't trade him.  

Monroe and MJD for Den. 1st round pick and Monte Ball

lol.  So we are trying to one-up the Browns to get that #1 pick? 

Unless Clady is never coming back from this, I highly doubt a team would invest that much in a LT when he will be back next year and should be in good shape considering how early the injury happened.

Quote:He's a decent building block.  I wouldn't trade him.  

I wouldn't give him away....but I'd certainly listen to see if the Broncos might overpay....Having Joeckel (natural OLT)  gives us that luxury. 
Quote:I'd actually consider it. Partly because Joeckel doesn't look as comfortable on the right side as opposed to how he looked at LT.

However, Monroe is IMO worth more than Richardson. So the Broncos would have to give us more than just their 1st which will be very late in the round.

How about Monroe + Marcedes in exchange for their 1st rounder and TE Julius Thomas?

I echo your thoughts on Joeckel. I would be OK with trading Monroe but it would need to be more than Denver's 1st. As you said he's worth more than Richardson and should command good value in a trade with a team needing a LT however his contract situation would be a hinder.

I love Julius Thomas.
Quote:If he were slightly older, I would agree. He's still young enough that you could build into the future long enough WITH him.

Now, MJD should have been traded 2-3 years ago.

If someone were to lose a kicker to a season ending injury, I would take a draft pick(if someone offered) for Scobee as well. You can find a kicker off the streets.

If the team could get a pick for Scobee I would be all for that deal.
Im blame the browns for this smh.....
I would be against it. Joeckel hasn't looked good at all on the "easier" right side. Do you think he's going to look better going against teams best pass rushers on the left when he's struggling with teams 2nd best pass rushers now?
Quote:I would be against it. Joeckel hasn't looked good at all on the "easier" right side. Do you think he's going to look better going against teams best pass rushers on the left when he's struggling with teams 2nd best pass rushers now?

We may have been wrong thinking he could transition to RT. I'm willing to give him more time on the right side but he may be a natural fit on the left.
Trade a great young Left tackle on an already bad offensive line? No thanks.
So... the team trades Monroe to Denver for a draft pick. Then how do we replace him?

The common theme I see is to move Joeckel over to LT, but then what happens at Right Tackle? You then use the draft pick that you picked up for Monroe to draft another Tackle to fill the hole that you just created?

This really doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Quote:I wouldn't give him away....but I'd certainly listen to see if the Broncos might overpay....Having Joeckel (natural OLT)  gives us that luxury. 
Absolutely true.   My concern is simply the staggering number of "needs" already on this roster and my unwillingness to add RT to that list.   Obviously, if Denver were prepared to grossly overpay, then the decision makes itself.  

When you are looking at  a need to replace at least 2 offensive linemen already - you don't leap at the chance to add a third to the list IMO. 

Pages: 1 2 3 4