Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Dirtier: Titans or Colts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
'nuff said about Titans, but Colts...tanked for Luck, and gave up a 1st rd. pick in an attempt to prevent Jags from finally getting a franchise QB
Can't tell if this is a joke. Sure hope this is.

Both things you mentioned about the Colts are false.

Quote:'nuff said about Titans, but Colts...tanked for Luck, and gave up a 1st rd. pick in an attempt to prevent Jags from finally getting a franchise QB

I don't think the colts are that dirty. Yeah they tanked for luck. I don't think they traded to hurt the Jags. There are other teams that need a RB. Browns would have traded with somebody. Titans became a lot less dirty after Fischer and finnegan left. I say hit the reset button.
The Colts will likely be picking in the mid 20 range so it's no big deal.

Unless their master plan is to tank the season so the Browns get two top 5 picks,

Quote:The Colts will likely be picking in the mid 20 range so it's no big deal.

Unless their master plan is to tank the season so the Browns get two top 5 picks,

That would be pretty dirty.
Is this one of those questions where both answers are right?... :ermm:

ah, nevermind, the Texans are conspicuously absent from the title and they would fit more so than the Colts. 

Quote:Can't tell if this is a joke. Sure hope this is.

Both things you mentioned about the Colts are false.

I know no Colts fan will ever admit it, but no one is convincing me that they didn't tank it for Luck that year. They did the right thing, actually. I wish their fans would just admit it and stop being so stuffy about the whole thing. 

Quote:I know no Colts fan will ever admit it, but no one is convincing me that they didn't tank it for Luck that year. They did the right thing, actually. I wish their fans would just admit it and stop being so stuffy about the whole thing. 

Because it's not true and to think it is is RIDICULOUS. Shows you (anyone who believes this) knows nothing about the NFL. I've argued this 100 times on this board and everyone here is too blind by their hatred/jealousy for the Colts to admit they're wrong.

Ask these people how they're benefiting from 'tanking' for Luck:

Vice Chairman: Bill Polian

GM: Chris Polian

Head Coach: Jim Caldwell

Director of Player Personnel: Tom Telesco

Curtis Painter

Dan Orlovsky

Joseph Addai

Austin Collie

Pierre Garcon

Anthony Gonzalez

Dallas Clark

Ryan Diem

Jeff Saturday

Ernie Sims

Jamaal Anderson

Justin Snow

All of the players listed above started at some point during the 2011 season. The 4 people I listed in the front office are the most important pieces in the front office (not counting the owner, obviously).

Oh and if you didn't catch the trend, everyone I mentioned above are no longer with the Colts.
Quote:I know no Colts fan will ever admit it, but no one is convincing me that they didn't tank it for Luck that year. They did the right thing, actually. I wish their fans would just admit it and stop being so stuffy about the whole thing. 

Let's refresh this for everyone to understand the TMD conspiracy.

A. Peyton Manning faked season ending surgery.
B. Everyone on the Colts tanked the season to obtain Luck, then 75% lost their Job.
C. The NFL orchestrated the entire conspiracy because the NFL didn't want Luck to go to the Jaguars.
D. No one took a payday from any news media to spill the beans.

That bad part is ... I actually believe you believe your crazy conspiracy. ... And you probably Vote. :woot:
Quote:Because it's not true and to think it is is RIDICULOUS. Shows you (anyone who believes this) knows nothing about the NFL. I've argued this 100 times on this board and everyone here is too blind by their hatred/jealousy for the Colts to admit they're wrong.

Ask these people how they're benefiting from 'tanking' for Luck:

Vice Chairman: Bill Polian

GM: Chris Polian

Head Coach: Jim Caldwell

Director of Player Personnel: Tom Telesco

Curtis Painter

Dan Orlovsky

Joseph Addai

Austin Collie

Pierre Garcon

Anthony Gonzalez

Dallas Clark

Ryan Diem

Jeff Saturday

Ernie Sims

Jamaal Anderson

Justin Snow

All of the players listed above started at some point during the 2011 season. The 4 people I listed in the front office are the most important pieces in the front office (not counting the owner, obviously).

Oh and if you didn't catch the trend, everyone I mentioned above are no longer with the Colts.

Bill Polian, Saturday, etc, were on their way out anyway...Chris Polian is a joke. No Jags fan wanted him here....

Quote: 

<div>Let's refresh this for everyone to understand the TMD conspiracy.

A. Peyton Manning faked season ending surgery.
B. Everyone on the Colts tanked the season to obtain Luck, then 75% lost their Job.
C. The NFL orchestrated the entire conspiracy because the NFL didn't want Luck to go to the Jaguars.
D. No one took a payday from any news media to spill the beans.

That bad part is ... I actually believe you believe your crazy conspiracy. ... And you probably Vote. :woot:

</div>

A. Judging how Peyton has played since, (i.e. picked up right where he left off) theres probable cause to have that hypothesis. 

B. The people that lost their job that were worth a darn like Bill Polian/ Saturday were on their way to retirement soon anyway...

C. If you haven't noticed, the NFL isn't exactly thrilled with the Jags being in Jacksonville and success in Jacksonville only creates more stability in Jax and less of a chance for the team to move into a market where the big money benefits more. So yeah, I don't think the NFL wanted Luck in Jax at ALL. 

D. Nothing spilled yet, nope. But then again,...nothing spilled in Baseball until years later for all this steroid stuff too. Lets see what spills 10-15 years from now....

Quote:Bill Polian, Saturday, etc, were on their way out anyway...Chris Polian is a joke. No Jags fan wanted him here....

Um, what?

Saturday was the only on his way out no matter what. Bill Polian & Chris? They would NOT have been on their way out if we didn't suck in 2011. Why would they be?

And you saying Chris Polian is a joke even more proves my point. Why would he want to tank a season when he was secured a job with the Colts?
Quote:Um, what?

Saturday was the only on his way out no matter what. Bill Polian & Chris? They would NOT have been on their way out if we didn't suck in 2011. Why would they be?

And you saying Chris Polian is a joke even more proves my point. Why would he want to tank a season when he was secured a job with the Colts?

it didn't really matter what Chris Polian wanted. Small potatoes. 

Bill was ready for retirement anyway. If not, he'd be GM somewhere by now. 

Its funny how you Colts fans protest this so much. 

It was the correct move to tank that season with Luck hanging in the balance. So, good job! Stop acting like your franchise is just so pristine that the notion of this is beyond you. Its the NFL.....follow the money. 
Quote:it didn't really matter what Chris Polian wanted. Small potatoes. 

Bill was ready for retirement anyway. If not, he'd be GM somewhere by now. 

Its funny how you Colts fans protest this so much. 

It was the correct move to tank that season with Luck hanging in the balance. So, good job! Stop acting like your franchise is just so pristine that the notion of this is beyond you. Its the NFL.....follow the money. 

You still deny the fact that many people lost their job over this.

Makes no sense to tank and to think they did makes you delusional.
Quote:You still deny the fact that many people lost their job over this.

Makes no sense to tank and to think they did makes you delusional.
they tanked it. Irsay is just crazy enough to do it. Neck injury withstanding before the season even started everyone knew Manning wasn't affordable anymore. Just so happens a team loaded with talent even with Manning out cant win more games than they did? And happens to be the same year the top QB prospect since your current QB was drafted is in the draft? I find it hard to believe it wasn't tanked.
Quote: 

C. If you haven't noticed, the NFL isn't exactly thrilled with the Jags being in Jacksonville and success in Jacksonville only creates more stability in Jax and less of a chance for the team to move into a market where the big money benefits more. So yeah, I don't think the NFL wanted Luck in Jax at ALL. 

You have one thing right, the NFL isn't always straight with the fans. The threat of LA has built many stadiums on Tax payers dollars by staying viable as a threat for franchise relocation. The NFL doesn't want that spot taken as long as they can use the large market to twist the arms of NFL cities, and their Tax revenue.

The NFL has held LA over fanbases for nearly 20 years. They have nothing to gain by having an LA team. Luck has nothing to do with the NFLs grand plans, players come, players go.

As for the rest of it (your conspiracy theory) ... you should have just stuck with calling it a tank job, everything else is pretty laughable. You really think Peyton would throw an entire season for Luck to not go to the Jaguars? :no:
For what it's worth, I don't know too many people who would qualify as being dirtier than Sammy.

And that's not really an insult. I'm just sayin'

Quote:For what it's worth, I don't know too many people who would qualify as being dirtier than Sammy.

And that's not really an insult. I'm just sayin'

You say that now...until its your backside he's patting when you're visiting him at the home!!!
Quote:You say that now...until its your backside he's patting when you're visiting him at the home!!!
You too huh? :ermm:
Quote:You too huh? :ermm:

Yeah...I don't even want to think about where those hands have been!!! :blink:
Quote:Yeah...I don't even want to think about where those hands have been!!! :blink:

I washed them, it isn't like Deacon has cooties or anything anyway.

Does he?
Pages: 1 2