Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: AFC South Pick Em-Week 12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It is Thanksgiving week, which usually marks the start of the home stretch of the season.  There is no shortage of suspense, even in the AFC South.  Houston, Tennessee and Indy are all still in the playoff hunt, while the big question in Jacksonville is whether the Jaguars will tie the franchise's all time worst single season record-and STILL manage to miss out on the #1 overall pick.

On to the picks...

Pittsburgh (5-5) at Indy (5-5)
-The Steelers and their uncharacteristically soft defense travels to Indy for a Turkey day battle against the Colts.  Just found out Indy QB Andrew Luck is going through the concussion protocol due to a couple of hits suffered against Tennessee, and may not be cleared in time to play Thursday.  If Luck can't go, Scott Tolzien will get the start.  Tolzien of the 91 career passes.  Steelers win 30-14.

Tennessee (5-6)
at Chicago (2-8)
-The Bears don't have anyone as good as Luck on offense.  Tennessee bounces back 23-16.

Jacksonville (2-8)
at Buffalo (5-5)
-Let's see, a self admitted  not natural passer with a propensity for throwing ducks travels to Buffalo in late November winds to face a team still in the playoff hunt.  What could possibly go wrong?  Bills 24 Jaguars 10.

San Diego (4-6)
at Houston (6-4)
-San Diego is a dangerous team despite the injuries.  But Houston is at home and still fighting for a playoff spot.  Houston wins 24-21.

Last week:  2-1

Overall:      21-13

Steelers over Colts

Titans over Bears

Jags over Bills

Chargers over Texans

19-13 overall

Steelers

tacks

Bills

tinhorns

18-16 overall

I apologize for not being more involved in these threads the past few weeks. I guess I felt that limiting exposure was the best way to maintain my composure. Enough of that, on to the picks:

Pittsburgh at Indianapolis: Didn't this seem inevitable? I feel like several of us were just waiting for Luck to break down under the immense load that he is being asked to carry. Although Pittsburgh isn't exactly elite, I expect them to roll over a Tolzien-lead offense. Pittsburgh wins this one and maybe we are spared another week of witnessing the infighting going on over there.

Tennessee at Chicago: I really can't imagine a John Fox team playing like this. I think Tennessee wins this one handily, but not without a fight.

Jacksonville at Buffalo: I echo Bullseye's thoughts / worries on Bortles in this game. I don't think Buffalo is the place for a guy who is having accuracy struggles to figure things out. Buffalo wins this one.

San Diego at Houston: I keep going back and forth on this one. Houston has a good defense, but then they gave up two fourth quarter touchdowns to Oakland. San Diego looks well-coached, but they are also 4 - 6. I guess I'll take the home team on this one.

Last Week: N/A

Overall: 19 - 8

Steelers

Tacks

Bills

tinhorns

13-7 overall
19-15 overall

This week's picks:

Steelers (only because Luck won't play, I don't think)

Bears

Bills

Texans
Week # 11 Results:  2-1

Overall Results:  25-9

Week # 12 Selections:

Pittsburgh

Tennessee

Buffalo

Houston

Last week 2-1

Overall 20-14

Steelers

Titans

Bills

Texans

Steelers

titans

Bills

Texans

20-14 overall

2 - 1 Last week

20 - 14 Overall

Pittsburgh
   -6   At Indianapolis   50.5

Indy tough at home, and Pittsburgh is lousey on the road but I have to go with the Steelers

At Houston
   -1   San Diego   47

Take Houston at home

At Buffalo
   -7   Jacksonville   45.5

At Buffalo, cold weather does not suit us well so, Buffalo wins

Tennessee
   -3.5   At Chicago   43.5

At Chicago but  Tennessee been on a roll. After a tough loss last week to the Colts, I'm looking for a comeback Victory

steelers

titans

bills

chargers
Pittsburgh

tacks

Bills

texans
Squeelers

tacks

tinhorns

Bills

21-8
22-12 overall.

If Luck plays, give me Colts over Steelers... If Luck doesn't play give me Steelers over Colts

Titans over Bears

Chargers over Texans

Bills over Jags

Steelers

Titans

Bills

Chargers

Last week 2-1

Overall 17-17

Jaguars over Bills  21-17

Titans over Bears 30-20

Texans over Chargers 28-21

Steelers over Colts 20-12

20-7 overall.

Bills

Texans

Titians

Steelers

oh i think i put my picks in alphctial order.

Quote:20-7 overall.

Bills

Texans

Titians

Steelers

oh i think i put my picks in alphctial order.
Almost, but no cigar for you.
Im 18-16 after last week....Crazy to think that what 8? of my 16 is all Jags.... Awesome.

Anyways, Jags(It hurts so much) Steelers, Titans, Chargers.

Roethlisberger and Antonio brown putting on a show.
Pages: 1 2