Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 1010 is complaining about Coughlin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was just listening to 1010 and Rick Bollou was saying "Ryan is frustrated with Coughlin because he can't talk to other coaches."

Bollou went on to say how he wouldn't allow him to talk to the defensive line coach. Even back when Chris Palmer was here, he wouldn't get any answers about the team because we have a singular voice for out team. 

I actually like it this way. Don't Bill Belicek and the Patriots do this too?
(06-07-2017, 02:55 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]I was just listening to 1010 and Rick Bollou was saying "Ryan is frustrated with Coughlin because he can't talk to other coaches."

Bollou went on to say how he wouldn't allow him to talk to the defensive line coach. Even back when Chris Palmer was here, he wouldn't get any answers about the team because we have a singular voice for out team. 

I actually like it this way. Don't Bill Belicek and the Patriots do this too?

Who's Ryan?
I'm guessing he was talking about Ryan O'halleran.
Ryan is a self-important windbag, just like his predecessor Bart Hubbuch, who was recently fired from his longtime gig at the NY Post. Good stuff!
I'm on the fence about the Coughlin old school bit.

Some of it I like. Some of it I don't.

This I don't mind much, because Ryan O'Halloran loves to sling snarky jabs at the Jags a bit too often and they are often unwarranted. (with all the actual things to whine about -- I don't want to read the beat writer taking shots at the team unnecessarily)

With that in mind - it's likely that O'Halloran was hoping to get info on Fowler from coach Hobby and Coughlin is probably trying to keep that narrative in check since Fowler missed a practice this week. He's likely trying to avoid a drama distraction.
(06-07-2017, 03:26 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I'm on the fence about the Coughlin old school bit.

This I don't mind much, because Ryan O'Halloran loves to sling snarky jabs at the Jags a bit too often and they are often unwarranted. (with all the actual things to whine about -- I don't want to read the beat writer taking shots at the team unnecessarily)

With that in mind - it's likely that O'Halloran was hoping to get info on Fowler from coach Hobby and Coughlin is probably trying to keep that narrative in check since Fowler missed a practice this week. He's likely trying to avoid a drama distraction.

Like most journalists, he's just trying to set himself up for a bigger, better gig down the road. Then he'll starting taking jabs at Jacksonville in general as being a redneck town when he's in a larger media market. I worked in newspapers and understand these narcissistic personality types. They don't have a lot to be happy about in life so they act out like adolescents through social media.
Big deal.  It's just a whiny media type that acts like Alfie.
(06-07-2017, 03:26 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I'm on the fence about the Coughlin old school bit.

While I enjoy O'Halloran when he's  featured on Jaguars Today, he gets very grumpy and negative when the team is tight-lipped on virtually any subject. He needs to remember he's not Woodward or Bernstein, he's a sports beat reporter. Most of us don't share his outrage. The Jaguars franchise is a private enterprise with no obligation of total transparency.
I don't have a problem with Coughlin restricting access. He will eventually ease up on this, but he's never going to make everyone available to the media like Gus did. I think he feels like the easiest way to control information is to trickle it out instead. They're in the middle of a complete revamping of the team, and fewer distractions aid that process. They control the narrative and decide what they want out there and what they don't.

It's the medias job to report information, so I get the frustration. As a fan, I want more info than less. But, I also want a team capable of winning more than 14 games in 4 years while having an open door policy with the staff. The media needs to take a breath and let things develop.
The head coach says.. There's a lot of work to do.. We only won 3 games.. We won't know where we are til we get the pads on.  What insight is 1010 gonna get from a D line coach during OTAs that is any different?
I don't have a problem with TC restricting access, but I also don't hate O'Halleran the way others do. I feel like he is annoying at times, spot on others.
Words from the great Rick Gosselin...

https://twitter.com/RickGosselin9/status...2599717889

There's nothing of substance to report from underwear practice, anyway.
I like Ryan O'Halloran because he's honest and speak from his heart. I like him on his days doing radio better than on Fridays when they bring in David Garrard so he can have every opportunity to bash blake to validate his less than mediocre career.
O'Halloran is actually the best beat reporter in Jacksonville, he is not afraid to ask the hard questions and ask for further elaboration. He has as much right to being upset with this situation as Coughlin to keep media as away as possible from them.
So, a media member doesn't like Coughlin's approach to the media? Say it isn't so. Just like old times!
Man, I love how Coughlin doesn't care for the media hahaha
(06-07-2017, 08:37 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: [ -> ]I like Ryan O'Halloran because he's honest and speak from his heart. I like him on his days doing radio better than on Fridays when they bring in David Garrard so he can have every opportunity to bash blake to validate his less than mediocre career.

Yeah, I usually like O'Halloran because of his candor as well, but they just replayed the audio of his comments from Dempsey's show yesterday, and he was trying to say that because the media is having a hard time getting access to the team, so the team is going to "enjoy sucking".  O'Halloran also kind of made it sound like the Jags were singling him out.  That's not the case.  It's a media-wide thing.
The media types didn't like TC when he was the head coach here and played a big part in getting him fired (imho). A major mistake on the part of WW as TC then went on to the giants and led them to two super bowls while the Jags started the spiral down the toilet.

So... I don't care much about what any whinny media type has to say about TC. He's the man... they aren't. Get over it.
(06-08-2017, 08:27 AM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-07-2017, 08:37 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: [ -> ]I like Ryan O'Halloran because he's honest and speak from his heart. I like him on his days doing radio better than on Fridays when they bring in David Garrard so he can have every opportunity to bash blake to validate his less than mediocre career.

Yeah, I usually like O'Halloran because of his candor as well, but they just replayed the audio of his comments from Dempsey's show yesterday, and he was trying to say that because the media is having a hard time getting access to the team, so the team is going to "enjoy sucking".  O'Halloran also kind of made it sound like the Jags were singling him out.  That's not the case.  It's a media-wide thing.

I agree with you and Ryan o halloran can be a little sensitive as if he''s entitled to anything that he desires in life. He has to get over it and understand the situation as of right now and we as fans of him will understand his lack of content in his articles based on his circumstances.
O'hal actually states in referring to the Jags " Have fun sucking then". They are playing it over and over. Like a ten year old. Cry
Pages: 1 2