Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Early but Encouraging Report on Cam Robinson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
That's Cam Robinson, for anyone thinking they're about to read a report on Allen Robinson.
(06-07-2017, 04:07 PM)DragonFury Wrote: [ -> ]That's Cam Robinson, for anyone thinking they're about to read a report on Allen Robinson.

Thank you for that clarification.  Mea Culpa.
We need a beast on the OL. I hope hes the guy.
I keep forgetting about Watford. By all accounts, he could beat Cann out at G
Too early. He's not even practicing yet. Wink
I just hope Albert returns soon. We need the best oline out there.
Cam will make a pretty good guard until he can work his way as the tackle.
(06-08-2017, 08:14 PM)Teal Time Radio Wrote: [ -> ]Cam will make a pretty good guard until he can work his way as the tackle.

Rumor is that they don't want Cam at guard.
(06-09-2017, 07:34 AM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-08-2017, 08:14 PM)Teal Time Radio Wrote: [ -> ]Cam will make a pretty good guard until he can work his way as the tackle.

Then the only place can be is at RT.  If Albert shows up.  Cam wont be able to match that.
(06-09-2017, 07:34 AM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]

They'll put the best five guys on the field regardless. If that means Robinson plays guard, then he plays guard. 

That "rumor" is just Marrone's pre-rookie mini camp comments on Cam being taken out of context anyway. 
I'd bet good money we see Cam getting looks at guard in camp practices during july/august.
Cann was at his best playing LG whereas Watford was a former starter on the right side. Meanwhile, I don't think they really intend to move Linder form C even though they're giving him more G reps. It sounds like they want him to remain versatile. It also remains my opinion that Cam is better suited to move to RT than he is to LG. With all of that in mind, I continue to project this final starting OL... LT Albert, LG Cann, C Linder, RG Watford, RT CRob.

As for Cam's progress, it's good to hear that he's drawing some praise, however, Smoot and Ngakoue have been getting their fair share of attention in the most recent OTAs going against Cam.
(06-09-2017, 05:10 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]Cann was at his best playing LG

Cann has not played LG in the NFL. In his rookie season, he was playing RG with Linder at LG, and he was obviously at RG last year. I believe he played LG in college, but if that's what you were referring to I don't think it's fair to say he was at his best there when we haven't seen it against NFL level players week in and week out.
(06-09-2017, 06:21 PM)empty Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-09-2017, 05:10 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]Cann was at his best playing LG

Cann has not played LG in the NFL.  In his rookie season, he was playing RG with Linder at LG, and he was obviously at RG last year.  I believe he played LG in college, but if that's what you were referring to I don't think it's fair to say he was at his best there when we haven't seen it against NFL level players week in and week out.

We're both wrong. I was wrong about Cann, but you're wrong about Linder.

I read other statements that Cann should play LG, and I distinctly recalled Linder at RG prompting me to think Cann must have been LG. But actually, Zane Beadles was our LG that season. Linder started at RG just like I thought, but he was injured a couple games in so Cann replaced him at RG.
It's good that he looks good now, but out of any position, you're least likely to glean any information off of linemen during these practices.

(06-09-2017, 10:03 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-09-2017, 07:34 AM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]Rumor is that they don't want Cam at guard.

They'll put the best five guys on the field regardless. If that means Robinson plays guard, then he plays guard. 

That "rumor" is just Marrone's pre-rookie mini camp comments on Cam being taken out of context anyway. 
I'd bet good money we see Cam getting looks at guard in camp practices during july/august.

Yeah, they aren't going to sit Robinson on the bench if they firmly believe he's better than whoever they have starting at guard. Anyways, I think all this talk of Robinson focusing on playing tackle was to talk up a player they believe will eventually be our starting tackle, but mainly to send a message to Albert to get here ASAP.
(06-10-2017, 01:11 AM)Tuxedo Wrote: [ -> ]It's good that he looks good now, but out of any position, you're least likely to glean any information off of linemen during these practices.

(06-09-2017, 10:03 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]They'll put the best five guys on the field regardless. If that means Robinson plays guard, then he plays guard. 

Yeah, they aren't going to sit Robinson on the bench if they firmly believe he's better than whoever they have starting at guard. Anyways, I think all this talk of Robinson focusing on playing tackle was to talk up a player they believe will eventually be our starting tackle, but mainly to send a message to Albert to get here ASAP.

Very likely ^
(06-10-2017, 12:13 AM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-09-2017, 06:21 PM)empty Wrote: [ -> ]Cann has not played LG in the NFL.  In his rookie season, he was playing RG with Linder at LG, and he was obviously at RG last year.  I believe he played LG in college, but if that's what you were referring to I don't think it's fair to say he was at his best there when we haven't seen it against NFL level players week in and week out.

We're both wrong. I was wrong about Cann, but you're wrong about Linder.

I read other statements that Cann should play LG, and I distinctly recalled Linder at RG prompting me to think Cann must have been LG. But actually, Zane Beadles was our LG that season. Linder started at RG just like I thought, but he was injured a couple games in so Cann replaced him at RG.

Thanks for the correction. I guess I tried to block out the Beadles era here.
(06-10-2017, 06:03 PM)empty Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-10-2017, 12:13 AM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]We're both wrong. I was wrong about Cann, but you're wrong about Linder.

Thanks for the correction.  I guess I tried to block out the Beadles era here.

Can't say I blame ya, dude.  I know I've tried blocking that out as well.  It seems our efforts to try to block out the Beadles era here were as ineffective as his efforts to block out opposing linemen here.
I'm not sure why people are so down on our o-line. I'm thinking it's going to be a vast improvement over the past couple of years.
(06-07-2017, 04:07 PM)DragonFury Wrote: [ -> ]That's Cam Robinson, for anyone thinking they're about to read a report on Allen Robinson.

Hence, the title of the thread stating Cam Robinson  ...
Pages: 1 2