Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: expectations (no record predictions)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
the purpose of this is to post what your expecting to see from the team itselfas a team. please no record predictions,to early for that. Also try to make it as real as possbille.

With Tom being with team now,and gus being gone its a fresh start to something new.

anyways mine are real simple. I expect to see a more serious team on game day. no more bortles spinning football on side line,i expect to see him working with players on sideline. I expect to see the players encourgeing each other as well as getting onto each other if one messes up. I am expecting a much more serious team fort he jags.

things are already changeing for the team. ping pong table gone,players are closer togather in locker room,and little medeia alloewed coverge in OTAS right now. those are all things that could've been destractions. am i saying they will have a loseing record no,am i saying a winning record at this time no. all i am saying is i expect to see a more serious team on the field this season.!!!! please give feed back with your expectations.
More disciplined execution by players with less unforced errors and fewer stupid penalties.
I expect close games across the board. No more blowouts from the Chargers.
A team that knows what is going on, that is competent, and a HC who is not the players friend whom they respect.
I expect:
1. Much improved throwing motion from Bortles, along with the improved decision making of last year. Reduced fumbles also.
2. I expect Leonard Fournette to be at least a 1k back if not 1.2k, and the return of the power running game.
3. I expect our defense to actually be top 10 (like in point differential, not just yards)
4. I expect us to at least have a chance of going to the playoffs still in Dec.
I expect better execution and effectiveness from the rushing game, including improved short yardage performance.

As a result of the above, I expect better efficiency from Bortles with fewer turnovers.

I expect TE will be an issue.

I expect more plays from DE.

I expect Jack will have a good year.
I would settle for less of the spirit-crushing mistakes. Even if they improve nowhere else, that will make a ton of difference.
Oh yeah...I expect much more consistent special teams play.
Bortles must win at the very minimum 7 games to stay at qb. That would mean he has to improve on his average of 4 wins.
A team that knows how to take advantage of its strengths and exploit the weaknesses of the opposing team.
I say that with Fournette, Bortles cuts his pass attempts in half. I won't speculate about TDs or INTs.

I think that even if Albert does win the LT job, Cam Robinson will beat him out by mid to late season. I really don't like Albert's attitude, and I think it will cost him with guys like Marone and Coughlin in charge.

Some undrafted free agent is going to wind up being a stud. Probably on defense, although I wish we could find a guard.

I say Linder will move back to center.
(06-08-2017, 11:19 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]I expect close games across the board. No more blowouts from the Chargers.

I agree.

The problem with the Chargers game is symbolic of the Gus-Era.   We were coming off of the "Moral Victory" versus the Packers so man it was party-time leading up to Week 2 because the Jaguars had officially arrived to the land of the elite.
I think they will go 9-7.
I expect a top ten defense featuring a stellar pass rush and secondary along with a much improved, balanced offense capable of getting the lead and then closing out games when we have the lead. The last part we weren't able to do the past few years.

Also, I expect the Coughlin effect to take over. That is, we should see a well disciplined team with players that execute their assignments to near perfection.
I expect less turnovers on offense with an emphasis on running the football and managing the red-zone more carefully and effectively.

I expect more discipline on defense with an emphasis on getting after the quarterback and creating turnovers.

I expect to see more players getting their [BLEEP] chewed up and spit out and their [BLEEP] benched if they're don't fit the above criteria laid out by Doug "The Secret Baldwin Family Member" Marrone.
I expect the defense to be much better in points allowed. With a run first, ball control offense a lot of low scoring 17-13 games. Hopefully we have a lot more 17s than 13s.
Win or lose, watchable Jags games every week.
In addition, readable sentences from Wolf as it has been better...
1. No more than 1 blowout.
2. At least 3 knee down victories
3. Beat a team over .500 on the road.
4. No legitimate reason to be mocked by national media. I'm okay with no coverage.
5. At least 1 player on first Pro Bowl roster
6. At least 1 player on All-NFL team
7. A .500 record against AFC South Teams.
8. A close to break even Turnover ratio.
9. More D-Line.
10. Being able to watch the Jaguars in Boston without having to pay a bajillion dollars.
I expect the Jags to no be in the bottom ten teams in sacks. I expect to no be last in the NFL in defensive interceptions. I expect the Jags to have the more rushing yards than they have in past 5 years. I expect more competitive games without garbage time TD's making them look like they were close.
I'm not expecting much. Every year, I get all excited about this time, thinking we're going to be so much better than last year, and every year, we have a season of pain, frustration, and sadness.

Today, I realized, for the first time ever, I just can't get up for the season. My spirit has been drained away by a decade of disappointment. As a fan, I feel kind of lost.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but that's how I feel.
Pages: 1 2