Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Sen. McCaskill Making Sense
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRt7tqlD-og

Is she wrong? Or isn't this how government is supposed to work?
I'm sorry I didn't listen to the whole thing.

Was she calling for killing Republican congressmen?
(06-14-2017, 02:59 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry I didn't listen to the whole thing.

Did you learn nothing from today's event?
(06-14-2017, 02:59 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry I didn't listen to the whole thing.

Will reject anything the left says or does..

..can't even make it through a three minute clip about what they are saying for context.
(06-14-2017, 03:25 PM)Kotite Wrote: [ -> ]

Will reject anything the left says or does..

..can't even make it through a three minute clip about what they are saying for context.

Any competent poster would have summarized her statement. I don't watch video clips of politicians blowing hot air, no matter what side they are on.
She was grandstanding and nothing more. Her comments weren't about anything other than saying "See, I stood up to those evil republicans" when the next election rolls around.
(06-14-2017, 05:58 PM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]She was grandstanding and nothing more.  Her comments weren't about anything other than saying "See, I stood up to those evil republicans" when the next election rolls around.

Grandstanding.. Hmmm...  So.. To the original post..

Is she wrong? Isn't this how government is supposed to work?
(06-14-2017, 06:49 PM)Kotite Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-14-2017, 05:58 PM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]She was grandstanding and nothing more.  Her comments weren't about anything other than saying "See, I stood up to those evil republicans" when the next election rolls around.

Grandstanding.. Hmmm...  So.. To the original post..

Is she wrong? Isn't this how government is supposed to work?

How it's suppose to work, and the reality are entirely different.

She was grandstanding, and nothing more.  Her intent there was to complain that the democrats aren't being given an opportunity to load up legislation with tons of pork and carve outs that will benefit them or their donors.  The republicans were frozen out of much of the discussion about Obamacare.  She says they were given opportunity to offer their amendments.  That was nothing more than a token action, and you know it.  In the end, the legislation that was drafted by the administration went in almost without modification.  Obama went back in and made unilateral changes by executive order to cater to certain groups, but there was almost zero republican DNA in that legislation, and the end result is a failed system that's in the midst of collapsing.  And now the people who created it demand a seat at the table to replace it? 

We'll have to pass the bill to find out what's in the bill.
I agree with what she is saying the question is would she be saying it if the shoe was on the other foot and the dems were in power?

Not to worry though Kotite, in four to eight years the script has flipped it will be the republicans crying foul while the democrats thumb their noses at them.

Perfect example of political ignorance which usually reflects those views of our US citizens favoring the far right or far left.
(06-15-2017, 09:47 AM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]We'll have to pass the bill to find out what's in the bill.

LOL

This of course was the dem party line with Obamacare.
(06-16-2017, 08:52 AM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with what she is saying the question is would she be saying it if the shoe was on the other foot and the dems were in power?  

Not to worry though Kotite, in four to eight years the script has flipped it will be the republicans crying foul while the democrats thumb their noses at them.

You know the answer to that question.  Hence my point that she was simply grandstanding.  She can use that video clip to go back to her constituents when reelection time comes around to show that she's a "fearless warrior against the evil GOP".  She may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but she's a shrewd enough politician to know how to take advantage of political theater.  How do you think guys like McCain or Graham can get reelected repeatedly portraying themselves as conservatives?
(06-16-2017, 12:21 PM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-16-2017, 08:52 AM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with what she is saying the question is would she be saying it if the shoe was on the other foot and the dems were in power?  

You know the answer to that question.  Hence my point that she was simply grandstanding.  She can use that video clip to go back to her constituents when reelection time comes around to show that she's a "fearless warrior against the evil GOP".  She may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but she's a shrewd enough politician to know how to take advantage of political theater.  How do you think guys like McCain or Graham can get reelected repeatedly portraying themselves as conservatives?

Because we are a nation of mindless drones.
(06-16-2017, 12:49 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-16-2017, 12:21 PM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]You know the answer to that question.  Hence my point that she was simply grandstanding.  She can use that video clip to go back to her constituents when reelection time comes around to show that she's a "fearless warrior against the evil GOP".  She may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but she's a shrewd enough politician to know how to take advantage of political theater.  How do you think guys like McCain or Graham can get reelected repeatedly portraying themselves as conservatives?

Because we are a nation of mindless drones.

Yup, and that's by design.  The more ignorant you keep the masses, the more likely it is that you can keep them towing the line.