Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Why Wait?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Everybody in the free world knows Gus Bradley's getting fired. Why wait? We could possibly get a jump on hiring our next coach, I don't understand the logic in waiting until Black Monday to fire him. Personally, I hope we bring back Coughlin and he finishes out his career here where he belongs. He never should've been fired in the first place and letting him go was the beginning of the end. Should've been relieved of his GM duties and kept on as coach.
Quote:Everybody in the free world knows Gus Bradley's getting fired. Why wait? We could possibly get a jump on hiring our next coach, I don't understand the logic in waiting until Black Monday to fire him. Personally, I hope we bring back Coughlin and he finishes out his career here where he belongs. He never should've been fired in the first place and letting him go was the beginning of the end. Should've been relieved of his GM duties and kept on as coach.

get a jump on interviewing candidates that are currently working for other teams as the season is still going on?  or are you implying we will be going after someone who is currently not involved in football right now. 

Like, I don't understand this logic.  

Oh ya, plus there are rules against it if it was the former.
It's my opinion that the Gus decision has already made itself, and that this time is being spent deciding whether or not Dave is going with him.

sad to say i dont think it matters what they do. requires more work of hiring a temporary replacement, ect. easier to just let everything stay the same.  plus nobody really cares about this team right now.

Obviously I'm all for firing the dope. But yea what's the point? We have already had to witness 44 losses under his ineptitude, we can suffer 6 more.
Want to see him hit 50 losses. What an accomplishment.
Apathy at its finest. I'd like to just rip it off now like a band aid.
Simple. Khan needs to get the fan base fired up next year, or ticket sales will plummet.

So, wait till off season to get a new coach, hype the draft, maybe a couple FAs and sell the team as taking the next step, playoffs or bust, etc etc.
BecauseKhan
To be honest its time for Khan to flex his muscle... Get rid of Gus bench Bortles and put Caldwell on notice!
Trying to see this from Khan's point of view. Maybe he's thinking keeping Gus on for the duration gives him a selling point for the next candidate. "Look, you'll get PLENTY of time to turn this thing around."  Smile

Quote:Trying to see this from Khan's point of view. Maybe he's thinking keeping Gus on for the duration gives him a selling point for the next candidate. "Look, you'll get PLENTY of time to turn this thing around."   Smile

That's pretty much it.  Shad Khan has publicly said that he won't make a coaching change during the season and he's sticking by it.  I don't doubt that he probably has a list going right now for potential replacement candidates.