Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jalen Ramsey undergoes surgery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Cornerback Jalen Ramsey underwent successful surgery yesterday. 

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...89298638=1
See ya at the Modis Building
(06-16-2017, 01:35 PM)JagzD1 Wrote: [ -> ]See ya at the Modis Building

not me you wont...
I told ya'll we should have named the new boards "BecauseJags.com"
Let's see what happens. I'm not willing to lose hope until kickoff.
Core injury? I wonder if it was a sports hernia. I'll hope for the best and expect the worse #becausejaguars
(06-16-2017, 02:07 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]Core injury?  I wonder if it was a sports hernia.  I'll hope for the best and expect the worse #becausejaguars

That's how I interpreted it, and if the surgery was done laparoscopically, the recovery time is much shorter than trying PT, and the surgery fixes the issue whereas PT may or may not address the problem.  If it doesn't, surgery is still required.  Worst case scenario, recovery time to return to full activity even for an athlete is 4-6 weeks, so that means he'd be back for training camp.  That's probably why they opted to go the surgery route to assure he doesn't miss any time.
Jesus, this team.
(06-16-2017, 02:17 PM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]Jesus, this team.

Exactly. Other teams get a good player, I think, wow, they got a good player. We get a good player, I think, how is this going to go wrong? Injury? Drug suspension?
(06-16-2017, 02:24 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-16-2017, 02:17 PM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]Jesus, this team.

Exactly.  Other teams get a good player, I think, wow, they got a good player.   We get a good player, I think, how is this going to go wrong?   Injury?   Drug suspension?

And it happens all the time. I know it doesn't sound serious but who knows if it could linger or affect him during season.
STATEMENT FROM JALEN RAMSEY:
To all my supporters and fans, I want you to know that I chose to undergo surgery to treat a minor injury that was very successful. I want to and will be the best version of myself that I can be for the upcoming 2017 season.
I will attack this rehab, refine my body and work as hard as I ever have to become the best Defensive Back in this league and to make everyone, including my family, teammates and city, proud of who I am.
I can’t wait to be back on the field with the team and show the world how we’re rocking this year.
@ryanohalloran 3. As one source said, Ramsey plays a physical brand and his health will be something to monitor. Surgery two straight years.
(06-16-2017, 02:13 PM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-16-2017, 02:07 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]Core injury?  I wonder if it was a sports hernia.  I'll hope for the best and expect the worse #becausejaguars

That's how I interpreted it, and if the surgery was done laparoscopically, the recovery time is much shorter than trying PT, and the surgery fixes the issue whereas PT may or may not address the problem.  If it doesn't, surgery is still required.  Worst case scenario, recovery time to return to full activity even for an athlete is 4-6 weeks, so that means he'd be back for training camp.  That's probably why they opted to go the surgery route to assure he doesn't miss any time.

Pretty much this. Injuries happen. Glad it's now and not in the middle of the season. He shouldn't wind up missing any real time.
@ryanohalloran 4. If jaguars had to play today, only AJ Bouye would be healthy among top five defensive backs.

Nor good at all.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(06-16-2017, 02:37 PM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]@ryanohalloran 4. If jaguars had to play today, only AJ Bouye would be healthy among top five defensive backs.

Nor good at all.

But, they're not playing today, and this injury is a quick recovery, so it's not bad, Debbie Downer. Talk about drama queens. I thought people from NY were supposed to be a sturdy breed.
(06-16-2017, 02:37 PM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]@ryanohalloran 4. If jaguars had to play today, only AJ Bouye would be healthy among top five defensive backs.

Nor good at all.

Yeah, not good at all because it's three months until the first game.   Huh
(06-16-2017, 03:04 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]

Nor good at all.

Yeah, not good at all because it's three months until the first game.   Huh

[Image: 170125a.jpg]

No Modis for me here in Tampa, so this is me on the Sunshine Skyway Bridge. The FHP officer says Jalen will be fine. I don't believe him.
not worried. "minor"
Pages: 1 2 3